Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Peyton go in as a Colt or a Bronco?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
    I thought the HOF you go in as a person representing your career work. Who cares if its Indy or Denver. There is no question his is one of the greatest.
    You are correct he goes in as a player. Not as a colt or bronco.

The people in Indy will believe forever (until Luck breaks all of his Indy records) that he is a colt. Bronco fans will believe him a Bronco after he breaks all of the bronco records as we as NFL records as a bronco.

But IIRC there is no logo on the bust.

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post

Or do you feel that he's already made up his mind given the way Irsay let him go.

He and Irsay were tight as ticks at one time... were they not?

What's your opinion?
      I never felt that Peyton leaving was anything other than a mutual understanding, combined with NFL business taking precedence over sentimental emotion.

Irsay would've gladly given Manning the $28 million, but Peyton also knew that he'd be surrounded by scrubs. It was mutually beneficial for both parties. Manning got to go to a competitor, and Irsay was able to begin retooling the Colts. Had Manning stayed in Indy and gotten that money, it would be the identical scenario that the Lakers currently have with Kobe Bryant. They gave him a 2 year $50 mil deal for everything "that he's done for the organization" and it's completely backfired.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
        You are correct he goes in as a player. Not as a colt or bronco.

The people in Indy will believe forever (until Luck breaks all of his Indy records) that he is a colt. Bronco fans will believe him a Bronco after he breaks all of the bronco records as we as NFL records as a bronco.

But IIRC there is no logo on the bust.
        Thank you!

Comment

They don't go in as a team member. They can retire as one but the HOF takes them in without an affiliation to any team.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat_Colt View Post
            I never felt that Peyton leaving was anything other than a mutual understanding, combined with NFL business taking precedence over sentimental emotion.

Irsay would've gladly given Manning the $28 million, but Peyton also knew that he'd be surrounded by scrubs. It was mutually beneficial for both parties. Manning got to go to a competitor, and Irsay was able to begin retooling the Colts. Had Manning stayed in Indy and gotten that money, it would be the identical scenario that the Lakers currently have with Kobe Bryant. They gave him a 2 year $50 mil deal for everything "that he's done for the organization" and it's completely backfired.
            Scrubs? That's comical.

They could have easily built a better team around him than the one they built around Luck.

That's as bad as the junk Irsay and Kravitz was shoveling. Of course that might be why you believe that.
            Last edited by allthings18; 07-07-2014, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic
              As EM said

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

- See more at: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/Se....MO4phbhQ.dpuf
              That so for HOPEFULLY putting this to bed.

Trolls do not seem to GET IT even when it is explained 7 which ways from Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
                Scrubs? That's comical.

They could have easily built a better team around him than the one they built around Luck.

That's as bad as the junk Irsay and Kravitz was shoveling. Of course that might be why you believe that.
                They cut him simply because he had 4 I repeat FOUR neck surgeries. At the time they had to make a decision Manning did NOT have a clue if he could throw a ball again since he said when he signed he could not feel the ball.

John took a leap of faith when he did and it was ONE of the great decisions he has made.

Irsay simply saw a new model on the showroom floor and did not look back.

Anyone that believes differently is a moron.

Comment

They cut him simply because he had 4 I repeat FOUR neck surgeries. At the time they had to make a decision Manning did NOT have a clue if he could throw a ball again since he said when he signed he could not feel the ball.

John took a leap of faith when he did and it was ONE of the great decisions he has made.

Irsay simply saw a new model on the showroom floor and did not look back.

Anyone that believes differently is a moron.
                  First of all, that has zero to do with my post.

Secondly, I'm quite sure I have an extensive knowledge about the whole ordeal.

At the time they had to make the decision he was well into his rehab at Duke recreating the AFCCG vs. the Jets, and working out for various teams, Denver, SF, Tennessee, etc just days after his release.

John witnessed first hand, and obviously liked what he saw, knowing that if anything it was going to get better with time and it has.

I'll agree Irsay became infatuated with Luck when the Colts were counting off the 0-1, 0-2,0 and we have a moron for a coach. While it has seemed to work out for all involved, they had plenty of options, and while I"m sure most if not all Colts fans are happy with what they have, a few of those options might have been even better.

Comment

Another newb Seadderall fan displaying their incredible knowledge of the game... :facepalm:
                    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I would have said Colt easily but when Irsay threw him under the Bus, it might have left a different legacy (especially if the Broncos win the Super Bowl in the next two years).

Comment

Originally posted by RolandDeschain View Post
                        He'd have to win two more rings to go in as a Bronco.
                        To say such a thing neglects how he honed his craft, where he built his legend and who (Colts) gave him an unprecedented green-light to revolutionize the QB position.

As others have said, "going in" is done as personal recognition, not under a specific teams moniker. To that end, I care not about this trivial discussion. What I want to see for him is him going in as a 4-time Super Bowl champion.
                        sigpic
                        Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

He goes as a Colt.

Comment

Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
                            First of all, that has zero to do with my post.

Secondly, I'm quite sure I have an extensive knowledge about the whole ordeal.

At the time they had to make the decision he was well into his rehab at Duke recreating the AFCCG vs. the Jets, and working out for various teams, Denver, SF, Tennessee, etc just days after his release.

John witnessed first hand, and obviously liked what he saw, knowing that if anything it was going to get better with time and it has.

I'll agree Irsay became infatuated with Luck when the Colts were counting off the 0-1, 0-2,0 and we have a moron for a coach. While it has seemed to work out for all involved, they had plenty of options, and while I"m sure most if not all Colts fans are happy with what they have, a few of those options might have been even better.
                            John saw he had some function..

Manning admitted to the press after the season that he had very little control of the ball going into TC and that over the season it got better..

SO your comment
                            is nothing but speculation .

John took a leap of faith that it would get better from where he was and Manning appreciated his faith in him. John HOPED it would get better but had NO IDEA how long or how much better it would get.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawks12th View Post
                              I would have said Colt easily but when Irsay threw him under the Bus, it might have left a different legacy (especially if the Broncos win the Super Bowl in the next two years).
                              Originally posted by Thecooltune View Post
                              He goes as a Colt.

lets try this again..

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic
                              As EM said

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

- See more at: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/Se....MO4phbhQ.dpuf

Maybe now it will soak in..

He goes in as Peyton Manning not under a team.

Comment

John saw he had some function..

Manning admitted to the press after the season that he had very little control of the ball going into TC and that over the season it got better..

SO your comment is nothing but speculation .

John took a leap of faith that it would get better from where he was and Manning appreciated his faith in him. John HOPED it would get better but had NO IDEA how long or how much better it would get.
                                I don't believe I'm the one speculating. They worked him out, and signed him to a contract. Again, he knew that if anything it was only going to get better.

If your speculation was accurate, do you think he would even begin to ponder offering him the contract that he was given? No

You don't make that type of gamble even if one of the silver linings was getting rid of Tebow.

If Manning had come out vs. the Steelers and not been able to perform, Elway, even though a Saint in Denver, would have been grilled locally and even more so nationally.

And again, your initial response had zero to do with my post.

Comment

Working...
                                X