Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Peyton go in as a Colt or a Bronco?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EddieMac
    replied
    YES. Its time to end this.

Peyton Manning goes to the Hall of Fame as.......Peyton Manning, who played for the Colts and Broncos.

/thread

Leave a comment:

• TheMoth
    replied
    I think the title is misleading because players don't go in under a certain team. However i think a better question is will peyton be remembered as a colt or bronco?

IMO he will always be a colt. Just like Brett Farve will always be a Packer and LT will always be a charger.

Don't get me wrong, I love that Peyton is on our team and I will always remember him playing for us. However, he played in Indy for so long it is virtually impossible to change the fact that he built his legacy there.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by ursamajor View Post
    Indy.

His heart is there with those fans. The fans there still idolize him. His Homecoming game, when the Colts fans went nuts cheering him, left him choked up.
    Way to bump a thread, jump in without reading it, and add a wrong answer....:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• ursamajor
    replied
    Indy.

His heart is there with those fans. The fans there still idolize him. His Homecoming game, when the Colts fans went nuts cheering him, left him choked up.

Leave a comment:

• allthings18
    replied
    Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post

The site is the actual Football HOF and not made by some guy in the basement.

Who better not come out till about 2035.

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    Just one last time to reiterate the question of which way the player goes in....

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

- See more at: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/Se....MO4phbhQ.dpuf

The site is the actual Football HOF and not made by some guy in the basement.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    This question makes me wonder if it came from a fan that did not watch much football until last season when his team won a title.
    Who was a Heat fan up until the Spurs dismantled them... and now roots for the Cavs??? I see what you did there...

Leave a comment:

• allthings18
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Manning will not retire as a Bronco - he is on loan - a hired gun and he is a Colt all the way.
    Time will tell. I doubt Manning sees half the # of years in Denver as he did in Indy, and he will say the correct things publicly, and he obviously understands the business of football, but with the way Irsay reacted during the end of Manning's tenure, and since. Whether he burnt bridges in Manning's eyes, we will wait & see. I would simply retire a Bronco, and I hope he shares that thought process. Jim Irsay doesn't deserve to share a stage with him, even though he obviously will when the retire his #, put him in the ring of honor, and erect a statute outside the House that Manning built. But I hope he simply walks away(in a few years).

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    This question makes me wonder if it came from a fan that did not watch much football until last season when his team won a title.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
    I don't believe I'm the one speculating. They worked him out, and signed him to a contract. Again, he knew that if anything it was only going to get better.

If your speculation was accurate, do you think he would even begin to ponder offering him the contract that he was given? No

You don't make that type of gamble even if one of the silver linings was getting rid of Tebow.

If Manning had come out vs. the Steelers and not been able to perform, Elway, even though a Saint in Denver, would have been grilled locally and even more so nationally.

And again, your initial response had zero to do with my post.
    There were many motives.

Elway was not at all certain that he wanted to keep Tebow as his QB. I would chance to say that he expected him to fail, and that was the reason to trade BLloyd for so little. Elway was clearly not in favor of the direction the team took with Tebow, and Manning was a brilliant way out.

90% of us would trust that it was a good solution. I did not like going after him so publicly, as I thought that what we had in 2011 was special, but no matter what level of trust you had in Tebow, very few would expect Manning to fail in Denver.

It was a sound - wise football decision - calculated risk, and the calculation involved not keeping Tebow around to add noise if Manning had needed most of 2012 to heal. Elway knew that Manning would at least have looked like Orton, with significant potential to bring us the Lombardi.

Manning will not retire as a Bronco - he is on loan - a hired gun and he is a Colt all the way.

Leave a comment:

• allthings18
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    John saw he had some function..

Manning admitted to the press after the season that he had very little control of the ball going into TC and that over the season it got better..

SO your comment is nothing but speculation .

John took a leap of faith that it would get better from where he was and Manning appreciated his faith in him. John HOPED it would get better but had NO IDEA how long or how much better it would get.
    I don't believe I'm the one speculating. They worked him out, and signed him to a contract. Again, he knew that if anything it was only going to get better.

If your speculation was accurate, do you think he would even begin to ponder offering him the contract that he was given? No

You don't make that type of gamble even if one of the silver linings was getting rid of Tebow.

If Manning had come out vs. the Steelers and not been able to perform, Elway, even though a Saint in Denver, would have been grilled locally and even more so nationally.

And again, your initial response had zero to do with my post.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by seahawks12th View Post
    I would have said Colt easily but when Irsay threw him under the Bus, it might have left a different legacy (especially if the Broncos win the Super Bowl in the next two years).
    Originally posted by Thecooltune View Post
    He goes as a Colt.

lets try this again..

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic
    As EM said

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

- See more at: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/Se....MO4phbhQ.dpuf

Maybe now it will soak in..

He goes in as Peyton Manning not under a team.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
    First of all, that has zero to do with my post.

Secondly, I'm quite sure I have an extensive knowledge about the whole ordeal.

At the time they had to make the decision he was well into his rehab at Duke recreating the AFCCG vs. the Jets, and working out for various teams, Denver, SF, Tennessee, etc just days after his release.

John witnessed first hand, and obviously liked what he saw, knowing that if anything it was going to get better with time and it has.

I'll agree Irsay became infatuated with Luck when the Colts were counting off the 0-1, 0-2,0 and we have a moron for a coach. While it has seemed to work out for all involved, they had plenty of options, and while I"m sure most if not all Colts fans are happy with what they have, a few of those options might have been even better.
    John saw he had some function..

Manning admitted to the press after the season that he had very little control of the ball going into TC and that over the season it got better..

SO your comment
    John witnessed first hand, and obviously liked what he saw, knowing that if anything it was going to get better with time and it has.
    is nothing but speculation .

John took a leap of faith that it would get better from where he was and Manning appreciated his faith in him. John HOPED it would get better but had NO IDEA how long or how much better it would get.

Leave a comment:

• Thecooltune
    replied
    He goes as a Colt.

Leave a comment:

• ruksak
    replied
    Originally posted by RolandDeschain View Post
    He'd have to win two more rings to go in as a Bronco.
    To say such a thing neglects how he honed his craft, where he built his legend and who (Colts) gave him an unprecedented green-light to revolutionize the QB position.

As others have said, "going in" is done as personal recognition, not under a specific teams moniker. To that end, I care not about this trivial discussion. What I want to see for him is him going in as a 4-time Super Bowl champion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X