Nearly half of Seattle's starters stay in Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rigelian View Post
    You don't know the difference between Wikipedia and Google? Let me help you. Google, among other things, is a search engine company. Wikipedia is an online reference. In this case my trust would be in Wikipedia not Google. So tell me who do you rely upon in forming you opinion on the 12th man issue? Your gut? Also, the whole issue seems kind of strange to be raised by an organization, that used to refer to their team as the Orange Crush.
    Correct. Nobody gave Denver crap for using Orange Crush. If you can own the phrase then use it. When I think of "orange crush" I think of soda and Denver Bronco football.

This is about jealousy. Fans think of themselves as passionate so nobody wants to concede that another base is possibly better. Ex athletes, pundits, media and coaches all refer to us as"12th man". Very few people mention the seattle crowd without explicitly saying 12th man. Nobody thinks Texas A&M except for its sport fan base that ran from the big 12 because they are Texas's step child.

We own it and seattle is the most feared place to play in the NFL. Deal with it!!
    Last edited by seahawks12th; 08-12-2014, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigelian View Post
      You don't know the difference between Wikipedia and Google? Let me help you. Google, among other things, is a search engine company. Wikipedia is an online reference. In this case my trust would be in Wikipedia not Google. So tell me who do you rely upon in forming you opinion on the 12th man issue? Your gut? Also, the whole issue seems kind of strange to be raised by an organization, that used to refer to their team as the Orange Crush.
      I can go edit Wikipedia right now and say that all Seahag fans have tails. You are telling me you would read that and trust it and use it as your source? That is truly priceless :thumb:
      sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
      UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gorky View Post
        You trust in Wikipedia?

You do know that it can be edited by anyone... you might reconsider your trust!
        Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
        I can go edit Wikipedia right now and say that all Seahag fans have tails. You are telling me you would read that and trust it and use it as your source? That is truly priceless :thumb:

To be fair, your edit wouldn't last longer than a few seconds. Wikipedia is much more trustworthy than it used to be. All edits are closely monitored, especially when made by an IP address that is not noted as making routine trustworthy edits. While it would be unwise to use it as a source in a term paper or published work, it is very sufficient to gain knowledge on a number of topics.

Sorry to be off topic, but back to the real argument:

This is the preseason. There aren't a lot of big story lines to be made from preseason games, unless a major injury occurs. This particular Seattle media duo decided to make a big story line from nothing. They claim a chant was made, no one else heard it. They claim we had zero scratches, which was incorrect. No one is likely to second guess them in Seattle, as it's only a preseason game so who cares to verify what was said? Meanwhile it gives the fan base something to yell about during the next few weeks, and motivation for week 3. While I think its selfish and sad to provide these kinds of false reports, I'm sure it increases viewership and ultimately makes the show more money. That's media for you, and I guarantee you it isn't only like that in Seattle.

As for the scratches: Seattle sits starters on week 1 of the preseason, as they did last year. Denver played its starters on week 1 of the preseason for a series or two, as they did last year. Nothing is out of the ordinary by either team. There is no story here. Move along.

Comment

• Denver's new additions won't help them beat seattle. Seattle is heads and shoulders the best in the league.
          Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• New England is really up crap creek then
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
            X