Getting Tired Of The Bail Out Callls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    There is some irony in Broncos fans, crying about Seattle getting away with so many penalties. The Broncos passing attack thrived on constant non-calls and blatant offensive pass interference.

I'll never forget the play, during the second Chiefs game, when Decker very literally tackled a defensive back to the ground, got up, and ran a few yards into the endzone for a wide open touchdown pass. No flag, of course. And have we already forgotten about Welker's dirty hit on Talib?

Just a couple examples, in a season chock full of offensive rule breaking and no-calls.

But I guess that Seattle's the only team who bends the rules now, right...?
    Welker's hit was clean ... even when they looked back at it ... they said it was clean. It was just a big collision. Even Talib said it was fair. BB just wanted to cry bout something. Speaking of Irony - I see you yourself are doing some crying there
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

It was only "clean" on a technicality. Welker was gonna blast Talib whether the ball got there .3 seconds earlier or later. But that was just 1 example of the strategies the Broncos used in their passing attack. I'm not gonna get into whether or not his hit was "technically" legal or blatant picking. On that play, his clear purpose was to take Talib out of the play, at least.

The real point was that the broncos receivers were getting away with murder all season long, out there. Metaphorically speaking, of course

Do you remember the play with the Decker tackle/touchdown, or are we going to get stuck on Welker's "questionable" pick?

My favorite part about this particular Decker play was that it wasn't off-screen, or hidden in some scrum of bodies. It was right there, almost centered in the main broadcast where everyone could see. A full form, perfect tackle, right to the ground. Then getting up to catch the touchdown pass a couple seconds later. It was laughably biased.

But here we are, seeing Broncos fans complaining about bias toward Seattle, while our "best ever" passing offense existed mainly because of bent and broken rules, with hardly a flag thrown at us.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
        It was only "clean" on a technicality. Welker was gonna blast Talib whether the ball got there .3 seconds earlier or later. But that was just 1 example of the strategies the Broncos used in their passing attack. I'm not gonna get into whether or not his hit was "technically" legal or blatant picking. On that play, his clear purpose was to take Talib out of the play, at least.

The real point was that the broncos receivers were getting away with murder all season long, out there. Metaphorically speaking, of course

Do you remember the play with the Decker tackle/touchdown, or are we going to get stuck on Welker's "questionable" pick?

My favorite part about this particular Decker play was that it wasn't off-screen, or hidden in some scrum of bodies. It was right there, almost centered in the main broadcast where everyone could see. A full form, perfect tackle, right to the ground. Then getting up to catch the touchdown pass a couple seconds later. It was laughably biased.

But here we are, seeing Broncos fans complaining about bias toward Seattle, while our "best ever" passing offense existed mainly because of bent and broken rules, with hardly a flag thrown at us.
        If Denver were going to run a pick play with the sole purpose of taking a player out I'm not sure they would use their smallest receiver who was just coming back from concussion issues, they likely would have used Virgil Green instead. The collision was an accident, that's it.

My favorite part about the Decker play that you keep talking about, which frankly I don't remember, is that a Denver player had time to run down field make a tackle (without seeing it I'm guessing it was two players getting their feet tied up) get back up and then continue on having a pass thrown to him and scoring a touchdown. I guess the fearsome KC pass rush took that play off? Sounds like Manning had at least 5 seconds to make the play.

Comment

this game?
          http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201312...1247&tab=recap
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

It was a perfect form tackle. I'm looking up the video, but I'm having to deal with nfl.com and their 30second commercial garbage. It's making it a rather slow process.

Comment

I'm gonna just have to concede this point for now. I've been looking through videos, but with 30second commercials between vids, it's getting unbearable. And plain ol' highlight videos are just incoherent messes, so I'm gonna have to go back and look again later.

I know what I watched, but without the video, I'm not gonna pretend to convince anybody of anything.

As a general point, though, most of the "best" teams in the league have bent or broken the rules in some form, or even had the league change the rules to benefit them. Not just the Broncos or the SeaChickens. The Packers, for example, in their latest superbowl year, I believe they went almost the entire season without a single holding penalty called on them. (or something to that effect) The colts had the defensive holding rules changed after their mugging in the playoffs, a few years back, and the Patriots also used a lot of pick plays during their hey-day, as well. It seems that whichever team is currently en-vogue gets all the calls. Go figure.

Comment

Working...
              X