So is 2014 Denver's last horrah'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is 2014 Denver's last horrah'?

Not really talking smack, but I'm sure i'll be able to fit it in somewhere.

Is 2014 Denver's last call? Welker contract ending, maybe he wants to stay, maybe he wants another pay day, maybe he wants to come home. Peyton Manning getting older, he'll never get another ring unless the Bears somehow crawl back to the Superbowl with Grossman starting on a one game deal.

He might be signing his one day contract with the Colts in 2015.

His offensive line certainly protected his age last season, but you don't have a cup cake schedule this season against incompetent defenses again. You would know more about it than I would, but I was reading your offensive line is a lot more suspect this year? The NFC West will get to Peyton and they'll hit him pretty hard.

Are some of your home grown drafted guys up for their big money after this season? Or is it the one after?

Our conference rivals have come and gone for over a decade. The Chargers, the Steelers, the Colts, the Ravens, the Jets (two back to back AFC Championship games), the Texans, etc etc

...The Broncos.

Since your the latest link in the chain of teams that have come and gone since 2001, challenging New England for dominance over the AFC before falling flat on their faces and into the basement while the Patriots carry on, I just thought I'd ask.

Is it 2015 or 2016?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss View Post

Is 2014 Denver's last call? Welker contract ending, maybe he wants to stay, maybe he wants another pay day, maybe he wants to come home. Peyton Manning getting older, he'll never get another ring unless the Bears somehow crawl back to the Superbowl with Grossman starting on a one game deal.

His offensive line certainly protected his age last season, but you don't have a cup cake schedule this season against incompetent defenses again. You would know more about it than I would, but I was reading your offensive line is a lot more suspect this year? The NFC West will get to Peyton and they'll hit him pretty hard.

Are some of your home grown drafted guys up for their big money after this season? Or is it the one after?

Our conference rivals have come and gone for over a decade. The Chargers, the Steelers, the Colts, the Ravens, the Jets (two back to back AFC Championship games), the Texans, etc etc

...The Broncos.

Since your the latest link in the chain of teams that have come and gone since 2001, challenging New England for dominance over the AFC before falling flat on their faces and into the basement while the Patriots carry on, I just thought I'd ask.

Is it 2015 or 2016?
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss View Post

...The Broncos.

Is it 2015 or 2016?
        I will have to see how the season goes but Elway has built a team for now and the long term.
        My projected line ups next two years.
        2014/2015
        QB P. Manning/ P. Manning
        RB M. Ball/ M. Ball
        WR D.Thomas/D. Thomas - Denver resigns him or they franchise tag him.
        WR E.Sanders/C.Latimer
        SL W.Welker/E.Sanders
        TE JThomas/J.Thomas - Denver resigns him or they franchise tag him unless they have to tag DT.
        LT R.Clady/ R.Clady
        LG O.Franklin/ M.Schofield or V.Painter replaces FA Franklin
        C M.Ramirez/ M. Ramirez
        RG L. Vasquez/ L.Vasquez
        RT C.Clark/C.Clark
        FS Moore/Talib
        SS Ward/Ward
        CB Talib/Roby
        CB Harris/Webster
        MLB Irving /Barrow
        WLB Trevethan/Trevethan
        SLB Miller/Miller
        RE Ware/Ware
        DT Williams/Williams
        DT Knighton/ Austin
        LE Wolfe/Wolfe
        I think after a great year in 2014 irving, harris, moore, Pot Roast, & Franklin all get big deals. Denver will pay Julius, Dt, & Von and have to depend on the draft. Depending on how the season goes Manning will give it one more go in 2015. Hopefully some of the players I mentioned will give us hometown discounts and some other FA come here on the cheap like our 98 team. I see a 2 year window, but Elway is building the future of our team through the draft.
        sigpic

Comment

So NE will still be a SB contender when TB/BB are gone or when TB is on his last legs?

Not sure why you act like Brady is playing 10 more years of elite football and NE will be a SB contender without him.

Regards to contract stuff, they'll lose some players like every team does.

But they'll have 9-10 draft picks to help out with that.

Welker is replaced by Sanders, Latimer to #2, and DT as the 1 next year.

Every team has to deal with their players getting more expensive if you draft well, part of the cap, boss. Your own, included.

Obviously they wont be a SB contender when Manning is gone whether thats this year his last, or hell, who knows, 3-4 years from now if he feels like it.

Neither will NE/NO when Brady/Brees are gone or near the end as well.
          Last edited by ERoyal248; 08-08-2014, 04:52 PM.

Comment

So Manning is old at 38, but Tom Brady is a young pup at 37?
            sigpic

Adopted Posters:
            Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
            Adopted By:
            Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
            Broncbeat

Comment

No, I think it's 2015. I think we can keep most of these players in tact through next season, but by 2016, I think major changes will happen, including Peyton most likely retiring. I don't believe Peyton plays the fifth year of his contract unless it is as defending Super Bowl champions.

Comment

No, as long as Manning is till around, the Broncos will stay as on of the top 2 teams in the AFC (besides the PATS, unless Brady retires then they are screw worst than us, because we have a more compete team without Manning than the PAT without Brady)

Comment

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                  No, as long as Manning is till around, the Broncos will stay as on of the top 2 teams in the AFC (besides the PATS, unless Brady retires then they are screw worst than us, because we have a more compete team without Manning than the PAT without Brady)
                  unless manning implodes, at his age it could happen, same with brady. both brady and manning need a better run game and an emphasis on that running game to help take pressure off of them at their age IMO.

no, the broncos and pats will not automatically be the best two teams in the afc.
                  sigpic

Comment

When we signed manning I figuredthis would be his last year mostly based on his contract snd the way it's written. If this isnt it next year likely is.
                    sigpic
                    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                      When we signed manning I figuredthis would be his last year mostly based on his contract snd the way it's written. If this isnt it next year likely is.
                      I think it's year by year.

I could see any situation of this year,, next year, or him playing 4-5 more years if he feels he can.

Comment

Say what you want troll but, the Bears were the best team in the NFC at the time. I'm sure if the Patriots hadn't choked it all away to Peyton, they would have played against the Bears. We would all hear how great Brady is if he had beat Grossman in the Superbowl.
                        Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
                        Accept it or seek therapy !
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                          Apparently, funny how NE fans act like he'll be an elite QB 10 years from now as if he'll play that long.

Or they'll still be a SB contender when BB/TB are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            I think it's year by year.

I could see any situation of this year,, next year, or him playing 4-5 more years if he feels he can.
                            If he is motivated by records, I read someplace that he needs at least through next season to pass Favre on one of the records. I do not recall which one it was. Once he surpasses Favre he possesses almost all the meaningful QB records. He could throw in one more season for good measure to put some distance between them and to raise the numbers so it would be very difficult for anyone to surpass. That is of course if he is motivated by such a thing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                              Funny how that works, huh?
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                              X