Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is 2014 Denver's last horrah'?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Manning has worked with Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas and helped them become amazing route runners just like he did with Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garçon who are both great players still. The Broncos offense will still have weapons once Manning retires but who replaces him will be important.
    In Indy Curtis Painter was horrible despite having Wayne, Andrew Luck has been solid.
    I know what you meant, the difference is we already knew guys like Wayne and Garcon had talent because they'd already had success, If they had been 3rd year guys who'd played with Tim Tebow and Kyle Orton we'd probably have said "who ever heard of Reggie Wayne before..."

    My only point in all this is I don't like any of Tom Brady's 2013 receivers as much as I like DT, JT, Decker, and Welker. Not sure any of them do have real long term talent other than Gronk, who was injured.
    Last edited by SDERA; 08-10-2014, 09:24 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      marshall has done fine no matter who throws him the ball. i used to hate on that guy a lot but i have learned to respect him lately. brandon lloyd....what the hell happened to that guy?
      He was obviously an a-hole who wasn't worth the hassle. No way a guy with that much talent should go through that many teams who couldn't wait to let him leave. In NE Belichick has shown as long as you help him win he'll deal with you, he let him go no problem.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by SDERA View Post
        So what you and Miller are trying to tell me is when Peyton retires, you guys have no real offensive talent?
        Not at all.Everyone in the NFL has talent..Manning utilizes their talent and yes makes them better than their talent actually is...See Eric Decker this season by having his WRs go to a pre camp camp with him..stays after practice, goes out on the field way early.. develops a relationship with his pass catchers... All that mnakes them better and benifits him and the team.. Brady would probably do it too if he didnt know they would be gone in a few years when its time to pay them .
        Originally posted by baphamet
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by SDERA View Post
          You notice how they avoided answering my question? Crickets.....:thumb:
          not at all I had other things to do..
          Originally posted by baphamet
          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            marshall has done fine no matter who throws him the ball. i used to hate on that guy a lot but i have learned to respect him lately. brandon lloyd....what the hell happened to that guy?
            He actually retired after being releasaed by the Pats last season.Several teams including the Niners tried to get him to come out but he refused...I believe he said he wanted to get healthy and is in camp with the Niners this season.
            Originally posted by baphamet
            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by SDERA View Post
              I know what you meant, the difference is we already knew guys like Wayne and Garcon had talent because they'd already had success, If they had been 3rd year guys who'd played with Tim Tebow and Kyle Orton we'd probably have said "who ever heard of Reggie Wayne before..."

              My only point in all this is I don't like any of Tom Brady's 2013 receivers as much as I like DT, JT, Decker, and Welker. Not sure any of them do have real long term talent other than Gronk, who was injured.
              Except he was a 4 year starter and 3 time all american wr at Miami who broke and still holds all of Miamis receiving records. But yeah I see your point but here's my counter point...The WRs dont make you over throw and under throw wide open wrs...he did that a lot last season and we are not talking about timing routes either
              Originally posted by baphamet
              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by SDERA View Post
                I know what you meant, the difference is we already knew guys like Wayne and Garcon had talent because they'd already had success, If they had been 3rd year guys who'd played with Tim Tebow and Kyle Orton we'd probably have said "who ever heard of Reggie Wayne before..."

                My only point in all this is I don't like any of Tom Brady's 2013 receivers as much as I like DT, JT, Decker, and Welker. Not sure any of them do have real long term talent other than Gronk, who was injured.
                I agree Brady was impressive with not much to work with.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  I agree Brady was impressive with not much to work with.
                  Brady said he much rather feel his centers butt more than his wife's! Sound right for the patsies! Hehe

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X