SD Chargers: the most under-rated team in the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    1-4 against denver since manning took over ...our line is better now then it was last yr...our running game will be better and we will be more commited to it...moreno was a bust remember bap

I believe we will be very good passing with dt emerging as the elite wr in the west, sanders will take stretch the defense as decker never could , and i believe everyone will soon know who latimer is...jt is heads above the current gates and will only be better

Then our defense...with von matched with ware... wolfe back...sly ,vick , pot roast will be the best interior dl in the west
    Not to forget moore and ward with a healthy harris and talib

A already better team only got better and bap thinks they improved enough to unseat us

Nah
    Last year they split the Raiders which should be enough said being one of the few "easy" wins one of the most pathetic teams in sports got. Not only that they got beat by the Skins who were limping through all year. Not to mention the Texans. Those teams should send RIvers thank you cards for making them look slightly better then they were.

Who did they beat outside the division (yes they swept an overrated Chiefs team but so did we) and who wasnt in the worst division in football the NFC Least. Certainly not the Titans whose injury problems kept them from forcing a tiebreaker or the Fins whose personnel problems made for a good soap opera. They couldnt beat the Bengals though they are a good team when Dalton isnt under any pressure to succeed. So that leaves us with one good win Indy who struggled at times outside of Indy

This year they have
    Cardinals LOSS
    Seahawks LOSS
    Bills Toss up (in favor of Bills) LOSS
    Jaguars Toss up (in favor of SD) WIN
    Jets Toss up (in favor of SD) WIN
    Raiders Toss up (in favor of SD) LOSS
    Chiefs Toss up (In Favor of SD) WIN
    Broncos (complete toss up) WIN Ill give you a split
    Dolphins LOSS
    Raiders (Toss up in Favor of SD) WIN
    Rams (Complete toss up) WIN
    Ravens LOSS
    Patriots (toss up in favor of NE outside of NE) LOSS
    Broncos (toss up in favor of DEN *we seem to play better in your empty stadium) LOSS
    49ers LOSS
    Chiefs (Toss up in favor of SD) WIN

They could split the division or maybe win 5 games but besides the Jets the hopeless Jags and the Rams do you think you will beat baph? They will be lucky to win most of those toss ups especially since I only gave you NE because they are on the road. They are an average team playing some good teams
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 08-09-2014, 12:04 AM.
    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

To the OP, TLDR. BUT, I agree with the title of the thread and I definitely think the Chargers are a genuine threat. I think we still with the AFCW, but we'll split with the chargers.

Comment

The chargers are good, but they have to learn to finish games. They seem to get into the playoffs and then fade away.
        Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          why is that so hard to believe? the chargers competed with Denver last year and are simply going to be a better team this year. i know that Denver has made improvements on defense but IMO they will take a step back on offense, especially if that running game doesn't produce decently.
          Denver taking a step back on offense isn't really a stretch, they had a record breaking offense.
          You are correct on their run game.
          Denver is the deepest team in the division on the defensive line.
          Defensive end: Demarcus Ware, Derek Wolfe, Quantaris Smith- Von Miller moves to end on passing downs
          Defensive Tackle: Terrance Knighton, Sylvester Williams, Kevin Vickerson, Marvin Austin, & Mitch Unrein
          Tweener DE/DT: Malik Jackson
          This group has everything, run stuffers in Pot Roast & Big Vick. Speed pass rushers in Von & Ware. Players who can play the run and pass in Williams, Wolfe, & Jackson.
          Young players with 1st rd talent in Quantarius Smith & Marvin Austin.
          Denvers defensive line will control the line of scrimmage this year allowing linebackers to stop the run and helping the secondary by collapsing the pocket.
          Denvers offense wont need to produce like last season, leads will be protected and with the addition of Clady Denver got better at 3 spots on their o-line (LT, LG, & RT). Denver ran some 3 TE sets in their preseason game Thursday showing some of San Diego's clock grinding has rubbed off, they will trust the defense more and be more ball control oriented and the big plays will still come.
          Tight end depth: Denver has the best receiving tight end in the division Julius, the best blocking Tight end in Virgil Green, and the best 3rd stringer in Jacob Tamme.
          Last edited by 58Miller; 08-09-2014, 10:42 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Baph did you go off your medications again?
            sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
            UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

I think its pretty clear the team who is most overlooked is Denver....

The Chargers lead the league in moral victories every year and I dont see that changing.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

The Chargers lead the league in moral victories every year and I dont see that changing.
                Denver is picked by almost every preseason publication to be the AFC champion. They have the most pressure to win. No one is underrating them.
                Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

I think the Chargers are a talented, top half of the AFC team. Better than the Chiefs. But I think you miss the playoffs because of the difference in schedule strength.

Personally, I have the top 3 AFC North teams grabbing playoff spots like our division did last year. I think all 3 are in the 4-8 range in the AFC from a talent perspective. Add in playing the weak AFC South and middle of the pack NFC South instead of the NFC West and I think Cincy, Balty, and Pitt are all ready to have good years.

BTW, I think I'm the only Broncos fan who roots for the Chargers when not playing the Broncos. Telesco went to my high school. Good to see him doing well.
                  Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

I quite rate SD and Rivers and think they will be better then KC this season but its unlikely they can win the division barring a Manning injury.

I disagree with the Denver taking a step back comments. We are arguably the most improved team this off-season. During the playoffs we had a lot of our best players on IR so we get them back, along with bringing in some top FA talent.

As far as the running game...... it was average last year and we still put up points. Ball 'should' be a big upgrade on Moreno

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

you still never answered why is the H yellow in your avatar pic?
                      well i didn't make the pic but i would have to assume its because its a part of our uniform colors and the same color as the shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
                        The Chargers the most under-rated?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Had to think about that a bit...

Maybe.

I think the Chargers are good, McCoy has revived Peelip's career that was nearing DOA.

Keenan Allen is a budding superstar, but not sure how well you will run the ball. LIke some players on defense.

I would argue Baltimore is the most under-rated, but you could make a legit argument for the Boltz.
                        baltimore isn't getting much love either but i don't think they will be as good as the chargers. again, the charges likely have the best RB depth in the entire NFL.

last year our top 3 RB's combined for 2,221 yards and 14 TD's on the ground (Donald Brown got his production in indy)

that's not to mention the production they had in the passing game as well. i think your running game is much more of a question mark to be honest.

you just like allen because that's all you know. we also have to very capable TE's, one of them a future HOF'er and the pother an up and comer. we also have malcom floyd back, who is the deep threat we were severely missing last year in the passing game.

defensively we have upgraded talent but there are still question marks, especially on the DL where we lack depth. still, a lot of improvement there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
                          Yeah, whatever, two years ago, you considered Moreno a huge bust, now you are questioning if we can replace him.

Montee Ball was drafted to do just that.

As a Bronco fan, I saw all I needed to see in the road game at Kansas City last season where Ball rushed for 117 yards, and dominated the second half of that game.

I also saw all I needed to see last night, the Broncos are going to be a better overall running team than last year.

The Broncos have returned to the zone blocking system, and Franklin, Ramirez and Vasquez are HUGE on the interior.

Franklin in particular looks like a force at OG.

The Broncos running game will be just fine, thank you.
                          moreno still isn't that good IMO and the fact that ball couldn't overtake him for the starting position tells me a lot. i like how you seem to have question marks about our running game when we have not one....not two....but three proven and productive backs in the backfield.

so the guy had one good game against KC and now you are sold that your running game will be fine?

i will say that ball will be given every opportunity to succeed and i am sure he will have a decent season due to the fact that teams will be looking to stop that passing attack first and foremost.

but will there be a heavy emphasis on that rushing attack? i will be amazed if there is.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                            1-4 against denver since manning took over ...our line is better now then it was last yr...our running game will be better and we will be more commited to it...moreno was a bust remember bap
                            nice irrelevant stat you posted there. tell me, is the norv lead offense going to line up against you this year? this is a completely different team, a team that absolutely proved that can play with the broncos, even when they were supposed to be rebuilding.

and why do you think your running game will be better? addition by subtraction? as average as moreno is, he was still your best RB last season which is very telling indeed.

but in your homer brain, getting rid of your best back (even if mediocre) means you will be better?

I believe we will be very good passing with dt emerging as the elite wr in the west, sanders will take stretch the defense as decker never could , and i believe everyone will soon know who latimer is...jt is heads above the current gates and will only be better
                            gates + green >Julius Thomas

we have better depth at TE and RB, who make plays in the passing game. i'm not going to sit here and say our passing game will be better but we have at least as many weapons in the passing game but probably more.

and again, better backs. if you look at the entire offense, you simply cannot tell me truthfully that denver has more weapons than SD does as a whole.

Then our defense...with von matched with ware... wolfe back...sly ,vick , pot roast will be the best interior dl in the west
                            Not to forget moore and ward with a healthy harris and talib
                            not going to argue, your defense has more talent and might be better than ours. but then again, our defense was pretty bad last year and we still held your offense in check better than anybody outside of Seattle in multiple games, how come?

A already better team only got better and bap thinks they improved enough to unseat us

Nah
                            we simply have improved more than you have, we have improved on both sides of the ball and denver has improved on defense but not on offense IMO

SD was close last year to "unseat" you and they will be even closer this year, its going to happen.

your offense wont be as good this year, you can disagree all you want to but we will see who is right in the end, wont we?
                            Last edited by baphamet; 08-09-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
                              The chargers are good, but they have to learn to finish games. They seem to get into the playoffs and then fade away.
                              their issue last year was RZ offense and defense overall. historically speaking, you are right. but people need to remember that this isn't the norv turner chargers anymore.

it's actually pretty refreshing to see the chargers as a tough smash mouth type team, something they have missed for quite some time now. but they for sure have to figure out how to score in the RZ better, its a problem that could haunt them again this year.

i will also note that in the donkey playoff game, both woodhead and Mathews went down and we were left with ronnie brown who just wasn't cutting it consistently enough.

now we have a definite upgrade in donald brown, so if that happens again we will still have a capable back.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

i see your delusional self has not changed one bit!

Comment

Working...
                                X