Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Good, Eli Most Clutch, Brady is the Big Choker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peyton Good, Eli Most Clutch, Brady is the Big Choker

    Interesting analysis. Peyton Manning is not the choker he is made out to be. Tom Brady, who gets off the hook, interestingly does appear to be a big choker. Here is the analysis:

    http://larrylarry1.wordpress.com/201...gst-elite-qbs/

  • #2
    Uh...oh...

    I'm sensing this will be a new smack thread!

    Comment


    • #3
      The Manning brothers are 4-1 in championship games and super bowls against Brady choker.

      Comment


      • #4
        This is smack....not it is in the right place.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          The HUGE stat that stood out for me is that Tom Brady hasn't won a road game in 8 years. I find that stunning. I think a big reason has to do with the division and dare I say, a favorable nod to their schedule. As it seems that the Pats always seem to play their tougher opponents at home late in the season.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            The HUGE stat that stood out for me is that Tom Brady hasn't won a road game in 8 years. I find that stunning. I think a big reason has to do with the division and dare I say, a favorable nod to their schedule. As it seems that the Pats always seem to play their tougher opponents at home late in the season.
            Hasnt won a road game?

            You mean vs road playoff teams?

            Comment


            • #7
              "For Tom Brady and Peyton Manning I used data only since their last Super Bowl wins..."

              So "Larry Larry" only used 8 years of Brady's career and 6 years of Peyton's career to come up with those numbers. It does not make any sense to compare only specific periods of time instead of each player's entire career.

              Anyway, here's how Peyton compares to Brady in the playoffs:

              Peyton:

              1998 - dnp
              1999 - 19 - 42 - 227 - 0 - 0
              2000 - 17 - 32 - 194 - 1 - 0
              2001 - dnp
              2002 - 14 - 31 - 137 - 0 - 2
              2003 - 67 - 103 - 918 - 9 - 4
              2004 - 54 - 75 - 696 - 4 - 2
              2005 - 22 - 38 - 290 - 1 - 0
              2006 - 97 - 153 - 1034 - 3 - 7
              2007 - 33 - 48 - 402 - 3 - 2
              2008 - 25 - 42 - 310 - 1 - 0
              2009 - 87 - 128 - 956 - 6 - 2
              2010 - 18 - 26 - 225 - 1 - 0
              2011 - dnp
              2012 - 28 - 43 - 290 - 3 - 2
              2013 - 91 - 128 - 910 - 5 - 3

              Total - 572 COMP - 889 ATT - 64,34% - 6,589 YDS - 7.4 YPA - 37 TD - 24 INT

              23 games, 11 wins, 12 losses

              Brady

              2000 - dnp
              2001 - 60 - 97 - 572 - 1 - 1
              2002 - dnp
              2003 - 75 - 126 - 792 - 5 - 2
              2004 - 55 - 81 - 587 - 5 - 0
              2005 - 35 - 63 - 542 - 4 - 2
              2006 - 70 - 119 - 724 - 5 - 4
              2007 - 77 - 109 - 737 - 6 - 3
              2008 - dnp
              2009 - 23 - 42 - 154 - 2 - 3
              2010 - 29 - 45 - 299 - 2 - 1
              2011 - 75 - 111 - 878 - 8 - 4
              2012 - 54 - 94 - 664 - 4 - 2
              2013 - 37 - 63 - 475 - 1 - 0

              Total - 590 COMP - 950 ATT - 62,10% - 6,424 YDS - 6.7 YPA - 43 TD - 22 INT

              25 games, 18 wins, 7 losses
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                The HUGE stat that stood out for me is that Tom Brady hasn't won a road game in 8 years. I find that stunning. I think a big reason has to do with the division and dare I say, a favorable nod to their schedule. As it seems that the Pats always seem to play their tougher opponents at home late in the season.
                No, the big reason is the patriots defense has been nowhere near the level it was in 2003-2004. Brady had his team on the cusp of winning two more Super Bowls when his defense let him down. If Asante Samuel did his job on the last drive of SB 42 and actually covered tyree, none of this would matter.
                Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                  The HUGE stat that stood out for me is that Tom Brady hasn't won a road game in 8 years. I find that stunning. I think a big reason has to do with the division and dare I say, a favorable nod to their schedule. As it seems that the Pats always seem to play their tougher opponents at home late in the season.
                  He barely has to play a road playoff game. The Pats usually have home field advantage. Before they lost to us last year, last time Brady was on the road for the playoffs (not counting the Super Bowl) was the 2006 season against Peyton and the Colts.
                  sigpic

                  2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                    He barely has to play a road playoff game. The Pats usually have home field advantage. Before they lost to us last year, last time Brady was on the road for the playoffs (not counting the Super Bowl) was the 2006 season against Peyton and the Colts.
                    trying to beat peyton on the road has not worked out well for the patriots. they have lost 5 times to peyton - 3 times on the road.
                    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      "For Tom Brady and Peyton Manning I used data only since their last Super Bowl wins..."

                      So "Larry Larry" only used 8 years of Brady's career and 6 years of Peyton's career to come up with those numbers. It does not make any sense to compare only specific periods of time instead of each player's entire career.
                      Good catch. Larry Larry is a blogger.
                      Administrator

                      Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

                      Lupus Awareness

                      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        eli sucks, peyton is the greatest playoff choker of all time, and brady has been a choker recently but gets overshadowed by peyton's playoff choking epicness.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          And rivers couldnt carry peyton or bradys jock

                          Might not be able to carry elis either
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            eli sucks, peyton is the greatest playoff choker of all time, and brady has been a choker recently but gets overshadowed by peyton's playoff choking epicness.
                            Maybe, but Phyllis doesn't even rate when it comes to talking about all-time QBs and their playoff performances. He's a modern day Ken O'Brien, maybe not quite as good.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Am I reading this right, a couple of Giant fans/Manning fans cherry picked stats to pimp their blog?
                              sigpic

                              Adopted Posters:
                              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                              Adopted By:
                              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                              Broncbeat

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X