Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

niners might finish at the very least 3rd in the n.f.c. west!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onanygivensunda
    replied
    Given all the injuries, aging cornerstones, looming suspensions, hold-out and Kaepernick's shortcomings in the passing game, this could be a long grind for the Whiners.

I say the Lambs will finish last, then the Tards, then the Whiners and then Seattle... but I believe that the Whiners still make the playoffs by the skin of their teeth... at the #6 seed with a 10-6 record.

Leave a comment:

• Rigelian
    replied
    I don't think the 49ers will miss the playoffs. There team has too much talent, they're well coached, and they've managed to survive in the past when they were missing key players. I expect them to be the Seahawk's biggest challenge.

Leave a comment:

• t.rex2084
    replied
    Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
    I agree they could miss the playoffs this year. I have been thinking all off season that I could see their defense really regressing this year and being just mediocre .
    totally agree. that's why I started this thread

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Anyone think San Francisco misses the playoffs this year? I think it is a very real possibility if the Falcons return to form and either the Bears/Lions step up. Kaepernick IMO is the most overrated player in the entire league; he is living off 8 games from 2012 (arguably one game in the playoffs vs the packers) where he played well and since then teams have figured him out. He is absolute garbage if you keep him in the pocket. He only knows how to throw line drives.. can't put any touch on his balls. I mean throwing to Crabtree, Boldin, Stevie Johnson, and VD and the offense has had zero touchdowns in the preseason.

Add in the fact that they have A TON of turnover in their secondary (might be worse than the Rams), missing Bowman and Aldon, and Justin Smith getting up there in age (the key to their defense in 2010-2013). I think this team could regress a whole lot and miss the playoffs.

Thoughts?
    They could easily miss the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• 58 broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Anyone think San Francisco misses the playoffs this year? I think it is a very real possibility if the Falcons return to form and either the Bears/Lions step up. Kaepernick IMO is the most overrated player in the entire league; he is living off 8 games from 2012 (arguably one game in the playoffs vs the packers) where he played well and since then teams have figured him out. He is absolute garbage if you keep him in the pocket. He only knows how to throw line drives.. can't put any touch on his balls. I mean throwing to Crabtree, Boldin, Stevie Johnson, and VD and the offense has had zero touchdowns in the preseason.

Add in the fact that they have A TON of turnover in their secondary (might be worse than the Rams), missing Bowman and Aldon, and Justin Smith getting up there in age (the key to their defense in 2010-2013). I think this team could regress a whole lot and miss the playoffs.

Thoughts?
    I agree they could miss the playoffs this year. I have been thinking all off season that I could see their defense really regressing this year and being just mediocre .

Leave a comment:

• bgpatsfan
    replied

Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Rigelian
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It's a starting point but nothing more, way too many variables to accurately predict who will be good and who won't, every single year in the NFL teams come out of nowhere to be good and teams fall off the cliff and become bad. Does anyone really care whether they're the favorite? If you want to proclaim that Seattle is great and they're the favorite, or Broncos fans (besides me) want to claim them to be the favorites, have at it, but every team is 0-0 right now and everyone has to fight for what they get, what happened last year doesn't mean a thing!
    But that's precisely my point. If you were actually making a bet...would you throw a dart at a dartboard or would you take into account a team's past success, their personnel changes etc.? I think that claiming it's irrelevant is a bit too much of an argument.

General rule, repeating as a SB champ is unlikely. Why? because being a super bowl champ in the first place is unlikely. I don't think that being a Super Bowl champ makes it less likely that you'll win a Super Bowl the next year.

As for favorites, I think that goes too far. I think there are teams that are in the mix. Those teams being Seattle, Denver, New Orleans, Green Bay, San Francisco, New England. Behind this group I would put Philly.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Rigelian View Post
    I'm sorry but history does matter. For example, if the Seahawks were a 1 and 15 team last year, no one would consider them a favorite. History is not a guarantee. But it is an indicator.
    It's a starting point but nothing more, way too many variables to accurately predict who will be good and who won't, every single year in the NFL teams come out of nowhere to be good and teams fall off the cliff and become bad. Does anyone really care whether they're the favorite? If you want to proclaim that Seattle is great and they're the favorite, or Broncos fans (besides me) want to claim them to be the favorites, have at it, but every team is 0-0 right now and everyone has to fight for what they get, what happened last year doesn't mean a thing!

Leave a comment:

• Rigelian
    replied
    Sorry you're wrong, last year doesn't matter (except in the history books) as you pointed out with personnel this is a completely different team. Also motivation, schedule, how players react to situations, whether lucky breaks go your way or not and how good opponents are and how they play you changes, it's completely different. New year, and 32 teams are completely different than they were last year, not one single team is the same.

My evidence to support that: Since Denver did it in 1998 only 1 other team has played in or won Super Bowls in consecutive years. and we're about to hit a decade since that happened. What happened last year doesn't matter this year which doesn't bode well for either Seattle or Denver.
    I'm sorry but history does matter. For example, if the Seahawks were a 1 and 15 team last year, no one would consider them a favorite. History is not a guarantee. But it is an indicator.

Leave a comment:

• onanygivensunda
    replied
    I think 8-8 is extremely likely because that's what Jeff Fisher coaches, he's the king of the 8-8 undisciplined but tough to play against team.
    Nail, meet hammer.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Sorry you're wrong, last year doesn't matter (except in the history books) as you pointed out with personnel this is a completely different team. Also motivation, schedule, how players react to situations, whether lucky breaks go your way or not and how good opponents are and how they play you changes, it's completely different. New year, and 32 teams are completely different than they were last year, not one single team is the same.

My evidence to support that: Since Denver did it in 1998 only 1 other team has played in or won Super Bowls in consecutive years. and we're about to hit a decade since that happened. What happened last year doesn't matter this year which doesn't bode well for either Seattle or Denver.
    Yeah, it's hard to get back to the SB, some teams dont get back for awhile.

Seattle did lose some key pieces but still have a good shot to get back, as does Den.

Odds are neither make it back this year but thats past history.

Den is in a much easier conference while the NFC is loaded.

I think Sea is the best team in the NFC but NO could get HFA because their schedule is much, much easier.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Rigelian View Post
    Oh course what we did last year matters. However, one has to look at last year while taking into account the current state of affairs. For example, our linebackers, and defensive backfield remain intact. Our defensive line has lost two contributors, Red Bryant and Clemons, but both of them have been playing fewer snaps over the course of the year.

On offense we lost two offensive linemen, but or starting left tackle and center are likely to be healthier than last year. Add that to the fact that our left guard, seems to have come into camp healthy and in shape for the first time ever. Our rookie seems to be playing reasonably as well.

We lost Tate, but a healthy Harvin + Paul Richardson will make up for that loss.

In contrast, the Falcons offensive line fell apart. They had injuries to their two star wide receivers, and their defense was marginal, even when they were good. The Ravens? They had a fire sale to reduce the cap hit and had an injured Ray Rice for a substantial portion of the year.

KC? New coach and new QB. The Texas. Old QB self destructed with a coach incapable of adjusting his game plan. Carolina? A good team with a good defense. They have receiver problems this year, but I don't expect them to fall apart. Why? They still have a great defense.

Despite your denials, last year matters, if only to provide a data point from which to project.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    Strong defense... questionable offense.

I say the Lambs go 9-7 at best... more likely 8-8... because of schedule and inconsistent QB play.
    I think 8-8 is extremely likely because that's what Jeff Fisher coaches, he's the king of the 8-8 undisciplined but tough to play against team.

Leave a comment:

• cara murphy
    replied
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• onanygivensunda
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    You're joking right? Bradford is due.
    Didn't know that he was pregnant.

He's not due anything... except to play inconsistently and disappear in big games.

He hasn't proved anything yet.

I'll tell you what.... let's re-visit this after week 12.

The Lambs schedule starts out easy with Minnesota, @ Tampa Bay and Dallas... but then they get @ Philly, SF, Seattle, @ KC, @ SF, @ Arizona, Denver and then @ SD.

After week 12, I'll predict that they will be 4-7.
    Last edited by onanygivensunda; 08-20-2014, 10:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X