Best fans in the nfl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best fans in the nfl?

I would have thought the greatest franchise of all time according to their fans,Seattle! But it's actually Super bowl 1&2 winners Green Bay.

If you've long wondered how the Broncos fans' loyalty stack up with the rest of the NFL's legions of devotees, Forbes has your answer. Broncos fans beat out every team but the Green Bay Packers in Forbes' analysis of which team has the best fans in the league.

With league-leading stadium attendance and top-five rankings in hometown crowds, TV audience, social media interaction and merchandise, the Broncos' following has proved their grade nearly atop the entire NFL.

The team's rabid fanbase is one of the most important parts of what makes playing the Broncos in Sports Authority Field at Mile High such a daunting challenge for opponents.

Though every team holds its fans in high regard as among the best in the league, now there is finally a definitive answer that Broncos fans have few peers at their level.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 08-21-2014, 10:28 PM.
    sigpic

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    With league-leading stadium attendance and top-five rankings in hometown crowds, TV audience, social media interaction and merchandise, the Broncos' following has proved their grade nearly atop the entire NFL.

The team's rabid fanbase is one of the most important parts of what makes playing the Broncos in Sports Authority Field at Mile High such a daunting challenge for opponents.
    And don't forget us Bronco apologists outside the promised land...

Comment

Me ........
      sigpic
      Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

I saw that yesterday and I think they did a pretty fair job of evaluating it. No, it's not me bieng a homer... it's looking at the fact they appear to be unbiased in their assesment.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

With league-leading stadium attendance
          That one aspect that is a bit misleading is 9 out of the top 10 are all rated #1 in stadium attendance, Seattle included.

Only Pittsburgh is not... they're at #22.
          "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
            That one aspect that is a bit misleading is 9 out of the top 10 are all rated #1 in stadium attendance, Seattle included.

Only Pittsburgh is not... they're at #22.
            Forbes was fair about it if your stadium has been full you get a #1 rank. They could have gone by stadium capacity.
            sigpic

Comment

link or it never happened
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I think it was quite evident last season as 14 of our 16 games were nationally televised. That is an incredible number if you think about it. The only games I didn't see here in Boston were the Jags and the last game, Raiders. Every other game was either on the CBS/Fox game of the week, Monday night, Sunday night, or Thursday night. That certainly brings in a wide audience. And, I think because the Broncos were on a historic path didn't hurt either.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Here you go Arapaho

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...-nfl-best-fans
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Forbes was fair about it if your stadium has been full you get a #1 rank. They could have gone by stadium capacity.
                    Yep, they could have.

Terry Blount (ESPN for Seattle) wrote in his article that the ranking was based on % of capacity filled for the past three years.

Comment

Seahawk and Steelers fans are the same thing. When their team is losing you can't find a single one of them.
                      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                        link or it never happened
                        People believe what they want. The article is on Forbes website. Its a good read.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                          Seahawk and Steelers fans are the same thing. When their team is losing you can't find a single one of them.
                          OH MY LORD, smack talk from a brownie.

I feel so sorry for you.

How many years has it been since you're seen .500?
                          Last edited by onanygivensunda; 08-22-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

I feel so sorry for you.

Laugh all you want. No matter how many games Cleveland loses or how long they go without a playoff appearance.
                            They will always be a more storied franchise than the Seahawks and will always have not only a better but fan base, but more respected fan base. The Browns fans are a a very very proud fan base. No matter how terrible the team has been, no matter how many times ownership spits in their face and stumps on their hearts...they still love the Browns and wouldn't stop being a fan for anything. Seahawk fans disappear and reappear depending on the teams success. Browns fans don't disappear period.

And as bad as they are, they are a team that could've easily been a .500 team if ownership wasn't so terrible. Never giving coaches a chance, never giving QBs a chance. It's not easy becoming a solid team when everything is changing every year, sometimes midseason.

Take this from someone who hates Ohio sports more than anything in sports.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I feel so sorry for you.

You are trying to change the subject. You see me posting? This is after the Browns only won four games in a season. How many Steelers fans do you see when they have a losing record? They all go and hide - just like Seahawk fans. This whole "Seattle has the best fans" movement only appeared after the team starts winning games. Where were all of you when Kitna was your quarterback? What about when Hasselbach was your QB? Nowhere to be seen. Now that you guys win a Super Bowl, I can't go anywhere without seeing your fans.

Just last week I saw a guy that was a huge Seahawks fan. In high school he was a Bengals fan, though. How do I know? I went to school with him. I used to mock him about Akili Smith.

That guy is kind of like you, You were a Bears fan. You said so yourself. Then you moved around, made it to St. Louis (when the Cardinals where there) and became a Cardinals fan, then finally made it to Seattle. Then became a Seahawks fan. I've never even been to Cleveland. Ever since I was a kid I just loved the Browns.
                              Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-22-2014, 06:33 PM.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                              X