Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now your kicker is a drunk too?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atl

The Denver Post reported Sunday that Matt Prater will be suspended four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy. The violation was alcohol related.

In his eighth season, Prater had been a member of the NFL's alcohol program since soon after he was charged with DUI in August 2011.

"I've made some mistakes," Prater told The Post of his suspension, which is expected to be announced Monday. "I'm accepting full responsibility. I'll learn from it and come back a better person. I want to apologize to my teammates, my coaches, the Broncos' organization and the fans."

The newspaper reported that the ban was part of an agreement reached between the league and Prater's attorney, Harvey Steinberg, after the NFL initially threatened a one-year punishment.
    seems your players are still coping with that SB debacle i see?

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

Alcoholism isn't anything to laugh about and calling somebody a drunk is very uncalled for. Watch it baph

Comment

Yeah cause drinking is sooooo bad.....I mean Rice gets only 2 games for beating up his wife but prater gets 4 games for doing something that 80% of the people in the world does.
      sigpic

Comment

You're a busy man for a Sunday, Baph

Save some for after SD plays this afternoon.

It's unclear what the problem is with Prater specifically. Obviously it's alcohol related and he does obviously have a problem with it. You're right it doesn't look good. Time will tell
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoth View Post
          Alcoholism isn't anything to laugh about and calling somebody a drunk is very uncalled for. Watch it baph
          does he not deserve to be smacked for being a bone head?

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
            You're a busy man for a Sunday, Baph

Save some for after SD plays this afternoon.

It's unclear what the problem is with Prater specifically. Obviously it's alcohol related and he does obviously have a problem with it. You're right it doesn't look good. Time will tell
            i don't talk smack on pre-season games, i save it for the regular season. honestly though, they wanted to ban him for a year? he must be taking drug tests wasted.

if it were like a dui or something we would hear about it i would think.

Comment

does he not deserve to be smacked for being a bone head?
              I think you should be smacked for being a bonehead, you obviously aren't very well informed about alcoholism. Alcoholism is an addiction and is something a great deal of people struggle with daily. Its obviously something he has been struggling with too and needs help with. It has pretty much nothing to do with being stupid

Comment

yawn....prater is a dumbass...that is all
                sigpic
                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

It's a perfectly acceptable coping mechanism!
                  sigpic

Comment

Prater's been a drunk long before the Super Bowl loss.
                    sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                    Adopted By:
                    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                    Broncbeat

Comment

This is his 3rd offense.

Weak smack baph.

Comment

now your kicker is a drunk too?
                        Low hanging fruit my friend.
                        Do you feel better now.

Comment

i don't talk smack on pre-season games, i save it for the regular season. honestly though, they wanted to ban him for a year? he must be taking drug tests wasted.

if it were like a dui or something we would hear about it i would think.
                          Alcoholism is considered a disease. Those that are susceptible to it find it incredibly difficult to resist the urge to drink - it isn't as easy as "Don't Drink" and it doesn't make them "stupid" for drinking.

So mocking Prater over it would be like mocking Jim Kelly. I am not saying that Alcoholism is the same as Cancer or anything like that - I am saying that they are both diseases that are linked through genetics and mocking somebody for either would be quite low.

The guy needs to get into some serious AA treatments. I know he has already started it - but he needs to really get some help.
                          Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-24-2014, 11:37 AM.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

The way they do suspensions in this league is pretty funny.
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                              The way they do suspensions in this league is pretty funny.
                              Yes, very much. Though this is Prater's 3rd offense and it could have been a year-long ban - he was able to get it reduced to 4.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                              X