Is Jay Cutler who we thought he was?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jay Cutler who we thought he was?

Great arm, lots of talent. But too inconsistent and not a winner?

Is he this generation's Jeff George?
    sigpic

It is hard to say Jay Cutler is a winner.
    sigpic

Comment

Trading Jay Cutler was the best single event to happen to the Broncos other than Peyton signing in recent history.

Denver would be the Bears if they still had him and Marshall. Losing to the damn Bills.

Comment

Watch out.....you'll awake the Bears fans who believe Cutler is the real deal, no matter what he does. They will defend him to the end, typically blaming his misfortunes on others......no Oline, no weapons, no luck, whatever. I am not sure what happened today, but he should have had a third pic in OT as well, just before the Bills final drive. Regardless, we're better off that he moved on from us.

HOWEVER, he's much better than Jeff George. And when he's right, he's scary good. I will admit, until we got Manning, I regretted the breakup. Orton and Tebow were not the answer, and certainly they were not as good as Jay.
        Last edited by CanDB; 09-07-2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          Great arm, lots of talent. But too inconsistent and not a winner?

Is he this generation's Jeff George?
          it's what i have been saying about him since the day he got drafted

i even used to make the jeff george reference all the time in smack......hilarious!

you guys are definitely better without him but could probably use marshall, even though he had a terrible game today.
          Last edited by baphamet; 09-07-2014, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Watch out.....you'll awake the Bears fans who believe Cutler is the real deal, no matter what he does. They will defend him to the end, typically blaming his misfortunes on others......no Oline, no weapons, no luck, whatever. I am not sure what happened today, but he should have had a third pic in OT as well, just before the Bills final drive. Regardless, we're better off that he moved on from us.

HOWEVER, he's much better than Jeff George. And when he's right, he's scary good. I will admit, until we got Manning, I regretted the breakup. Orton and Tebow were not the answer, and certainly they were not as good as Jay.
            I honestly don't know if he's "much better" than George. I think expectations were higher for George because he was a #1 pick. But in the end their careers are generally interchangeable from one another, accounting for skewed passing statistics between George's era and Cutler's. I will agree Cutler is better than Orton and Tebow, but that's kind of like saying he's better than Shaun King or Rex Grossman.

It just seems to me what you see from Cutler is what you're always going to get. A talented guy with a rocket arm, but not mentally equipped to be a premiere NFL quarterback.
            sigpic

Comment

And then came SF.

Comment

He's a QB who can be brilliant on any single day and lead his team over the best teams in the league, he's also a guy who can throw 5 picks in a game and lead his team to losing to any of the bottom teams in the league. Captain Inconsistency.

I think the Jeff George comparison is very valid, a million dollar talent with a 10 cent brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  He's a QB who can be brilliant on any single day and lead his team over the best teams in the league, he's also a guy who can throw 5 picks in a game and lead his team to losing to any of the bottom teams in the league. Captain Inconsistency.

I think the Jeff George comparison is very valid, a million dollar talent with a 10 cent brain.
                  Dude went to Vanderbuilt. He has more IQ than half this board put together. That's not the appropriate critique of him.

I don't think he makes bad decisions so much as he trusts his arm way too much to get the ball in any tight window. He is no different than Romo or Brett Favre. Favre just took teams to much better records.

I know it's a cliche argument but Favre had far superior teams than any Cutler has ever had.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    Dude went to Vanderbuilt. He has more IQ than half this board put together. That's not the appropriate critique of him.

I don't think he makes bad decisions so much as he trusts his arm way too much to get the ball in any tight window. He is no different than Romo or Brett Favre. Favre just took teams to much better records.

I know it's a cliche argument but Favre had far superior teams than any Cutler has ever had.
                    It's not about his actual IQ, more about his personality, he seems aloof and it doesn't seem like he's well liked by his peers, an example of that would be how many of them crushed him after he removed himself from the NFC championship game. Also his decision making, whether he's trusting himself too much or not he makes very poor decisions at bad times, one could say that this means he has a somewhat low football IQ.

Comment

The Bills D is looking like a top 10 D, and the Niners are the Niners. With that, Jay is top 10 in yards, has a 100 passer rating, and is tied with Manning in TDs.

Sure sounds like he sucks to me.
                      sigpic

Comment

I personally am very happy to see Cutler and Marshall happy and comfortable in their own skin.

I don't think beating the 49ers is the litmus test that's going to confirm for us how good these guys are.

Marshall was a MONSTER that game though and I absolute loved seeing him destroy dbs in that game. One handed catches - even with his slight injury.

As has been said though - Cutler has always shown he can do something amazing during a small sample size - it's the consistency issue over the long haul that has been in question. Time will tell. Enough time has passed that I feel I can truly root for Cut and Marshall without feeling conflicted. Go Bears
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

With Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, and Santonio Holmes, if any quarterback should have a great year, it's probably Cutler.

Comment

I have always thought Jay Cutler was the most underrated QB in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawks12th View Post
                              I have always thought Jay Cutler was the most underrated QB in the league.
                              Interesting, not Russel Wilson?
                              sigpic
                              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Working...
                              X