Dear Seachicken fans.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seahawks12th View Post
    By the way I don't want to be a sore loser and not give props to San Diego. All I'm saying is I'm not concerned with how the Seahawks lost stylistically. If San Diego had ran it down our throat or continuously got explosive plays from the passing game I would probably be more concerned. Charger fans should be fired up about this win. A win is a win and Carroll was outfoxed in this one.

Sherman wasn't great he gave up 55 yards in total yardage to Allen. Sherman shouldn't have been a coward and should have interviewed. But 55 yards of total offense isn't exactly something to boast about.
    Actually I'd be more concerned with this one, big plays happen, every team will give them up this year (some more than others) but those long time consuming drives where the other team grinds it out and you fail to get yourself off the field are backbreakers. Seattle's defense is built on playing mostly cover 3 (to be fair they played a lot of cover 1 yesterday as well) they take away the deep plays and give you the little gains knowing that with their speed they'll be able to run up and tackle you before you get anything significant. Well yesterday they ran into a team that was content with taking the little passes each and every time and staying patient, and they showed that at least for one day it was a very effective way to beat the Seahawks defense.

Heading into the Super Bowl I thought that's what Denver would do, I figured it would be death by 1000 paper cuts, obviously that's not what happened. I suspect on Sunday we'll see a more patient Denver team, they'll try for long steady drives like that to take the crowd out of it, of course the Seahawks will have an adjustment in to try and stop that, should be interesting to see the punch-counterpunch between Caroll and Manning.

Comment

Gimmick you say?? The play you must be referring to is the Harvin pitch. The Hawks first drive on third down your d brought the house. Our o made the adjustment on our second drive and when your ends and corners crashed, there was nobody there. Harvin proceeded to run it in for a touch even though he was out at the 21.

The Hawks scored 21 points with 17 min of possession. Anytime you score more than the minutes your o is rolling.

Our o ran for 200 yards at the clink on your first string d in preseason. That is a problem lol. If they had given up 400 passing yards it wouldn't have matter because they would have disguised coverages but running the ball is our line vs yours.
      yeah that same gimmick play to harvin that got blown up in the back field in the 4th quarter

as far as putting up sustained drives (like the chargers did) you guys couldn't do it.

hilarious you want to talk about pre-season as if those games count? that is exactly why i was here making fun of your coach and fans for getting all exited over pre-season success.

pre-season don't mean crap, especially when the same teams are facing each other in a couple weeks in the regular season so naturally both teams are being very vanilla on offense and defense.

you guys were all happy you smoked us in a meaningless exhibition game but yet still had to come down to SD when it actually counts and you got dealt with.

also, the fact that we couldn't run effectively yet rivers still killed your defense should concern you. especially in the red zone where gates absolutely murdered your secondary.
      sigpic

Comment

By the way I don't want to be a sore loser and not give props to San Diego. All I'm saying is I'm not concerned with how the Seahawks lost stylistically. If San Diego had ran it down our throat or continuously got explosive plays from the passing game I would probably be more concerned. Charger fans should be fired up about this win. A win is a win and Carroll was outfoxed in this one.

Sherman wasn't great he gave up 55 yards in total yardage to Allen. Sherman shouldn't have been a coward and should have interviewed. But 55 yards of total offense isn't exactly something to boast about.
        if you had watched any SD games last year, you would realize that is their style of smash mouth football. they methodically move the ball down the field and chew up clock.

when it works.....they can beat anybody. rivers has to be on his game and our receivers need to not drop the ball constantly like what happened against Arizona.

but i'm moving on to buffalo, good game and hope you guys have a nice bounce back game against the broncos......give em hell! :thumb:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          yeah that same gimmick play to harvin that got blown up in the back field in the 4th quarter

as far as putting up sustained drives (like the chargers did) you guys couldn't do it.

hilarious you want to talk about pre-season as if those games count? that is exactly why i was here making fun of your coach and fans for getting all exited over pre-season success.

pre-season don't mean crap, especially when the same teams are facing each other in a couple weeks in the regular season so naturally both teams are being very vanilla on offense and defense.

you guys were all happy you smoked us in a meaningless exhibition game but yet still had to come down to SD when it actually counts and you got dealt with.

also, the fact that we couldn't run effectively yet rivers still killed your defense should concern you. especially in the red zone where gates absolutely murdered your secondary.
          I agree the speed toss(Harvins play)s and Jet sweep are both staples of our local high school and been for years. They are run out of the wing t(our HS formation of choice) the double wing and Veer and of late the read option and pistol. I was shocked to see them used in the first 2 weeks games because the truth is once you recognize the key reads they are very easy to stop for speedy professorial football players. I am not sure they are gimmick plays they have been around for 60 years or better but they are definitely what i would call a "what the heck did we really just run that and it worked? wow" play on the professional level.
          Originally posted by baphamet
          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

if you had watched any SD games last year, you would realize that is their style of smash mouth football. they methodically move the ball down the field and chew up clock.

when it works.....they can beat anybody. rivers has to be on his game and our receivers need to not drop the ball constantly like what happened against Arizona.

but i'm moving on to buffalo, good game and hope you guys have a nice bounce back game against the broncos......give em hell! :thumb:
            Rivers played like a top quarterback no doubt. Buffalo may not be such a gimme now.

Comment

I think your confusing the jet sweep with the pitch option.

What would concern me about Danny Woodhead coming out of the backfield for 4 yards a plays and simple bubble screens. Those plays are what killed us (and draws to Woodhead). You are correct that the Hawks couldn't get off the field, just wish they would have played eight in box in the first half. Our defense was cramping up and being taken off the field in droves and still forced three fumbles. They forced San Diego to play their game and lost, it happens.

I think your o can give teams fits but I think your D has holes, perhaps we can revisit this week 8 to see who's right
              Last edited by seahawks12th; 09-16-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                I agree the speed toss(Harvins play)s and Jet sweep are both staples of our local high school and been for years. They are run out of the wing t(our HS formation of choice) the double wing and Veer and of late the read option and pistol. I was shocked to see them used in the first 2 weeks games because the truth is once you recognize the key reads they are very easy to stop for speedy professorial football players. I am not sure they are gimmick plays they have been around for 60 years or better but they are definitely what i would call a "what the heck did we really just run that and it worked? wow" play on the professional level.
                The Jet sweep was poorly timed in the fourth quarter. That play is effective when a team is tired and on their heels. The Chargers D had the afternoon off and were fresh and ready to go. Normally with three minutes to go a D is tired, but not in this case. I would have preferred a power run to Lynch to start that drive.
                Last edited by seahawks12th; 09-16-2014, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Heading into the Super Bowl I thought that's what Denver would do, I figured it would be death by 1000 paper cuts, obviously that's not what happened. I suspect on Sunday we'll see a more patient Denver team, they'll try for long steady drives like that to take the crowd out of it, of course the Seahawks will have an adjustment in to try and stop that, should be interesting to see the punch-counterpunch between Caroll and Manning.
                  Superbowl didn't look anything like SD and NE games. To be fair though, Russel Wilson was the difference IMO. We couldn't get stops and that dictated our offensive play calling. It's not only his mobility, but as a threat. He can also make plays from the pocket. You won't see Brady or Rivers running away from anyone if you can get a good push inside.

Honestly man, no disrespect to Gase, but I kinda wish we had McCoy for the SB. Don't think it would've mattered in the rings category, but I don't think it would've gotten that ugly.

I'm not calling out 12th, because he's one of the better Seattle fans, but definitely agree. Nobody gets up for some preseason football like the Seattle Seahawks and their fans.

Comment

congrats on the win, no excuses here, you must be flying high as a charger fan. Who know's maybe we'll get another shot at you this year. Doubt it though, although a great game and a dominating performance against the champs. Still don't think SD has what it takes to get to the dance. specifically.... your defense is crap... but hey congrats..

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                      Bills have good pieces on their team.

Playmakers in the secondary, stout Front 7.

Solid OL, good WR's/RB's, just up to the QB.

SD should win though.
                      Thank you for some more football knowledge. I really like Sammy Watkins. Never watched him play yet but he is always bailing me out in Madden.
                      My Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/TheJRTrax

Comment

Working...
                      X