Interesting Chargers fact.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Chargers fact.....

This is not an attempt a smack talk, I just did not know a better place for this...

As most of us know the Seattle Seahawks for several decades were a part of the AFC West. Or fact fewer people know that in their inaugural season (1976) the Tampa Bay Buccaners were in the AFC West then they moved to the old NFC East. This was an effort to bring the new team up to speed quicker by facing a more diverse range of teams.

The reason I bring this up is that the Chargers are the only team associated with/played in the AFC West to not win a Super Bowl.

As I said thatWas not an attempt at talking smack, just an odd fact.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

The SD curse has made them known as one of the worst sports towns out there. Longest drought for a city after Ottawa. That and theyve had the most retired players die before the age of 45 which is just sad, still will never root for them.

They still average 88% of home crowd though they are filling up more now then they had, because they are winning.

Another fun fact they used to be in LA (owned by the Hiltons) and the Clippers used to be SD. Many have accused Hilton for picking the name to promote Carte Blanche.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-06-2014, 01:00 AM.
    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

my next prediction to be proven correct? we will start to see more trophy smack threads pop up around here.

broncos fans are clearly afraid and they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        my next prediction to be proven correct? we will start to see more trophy smack threads pop up around here.

I like the competition. It's boring when division rivals can't... rival you. Sure it's fun for one season but it gets old. I like hard fought rivalries, win or lose.

Looking forward to an amazing game on TNF!
        Adopted Poster
        AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Works the same way with smack. I used to be in here but it's been godawful for a long time. I just can't motivate myself to come in here and talk smack when you know you'll win the division anyway. It's boring lol

At last there's excitement again.
          Adopted Poster
          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
            I like the competition. It's boring when division rivals can't... rival you. Sure it's fun for one season but it gets old. I like hard fought rivalries, win or lose.

Looking forward to an amazing game on TNF!
            me too! i hope we are both one loss teams going into that game, it will be a huge game. we have @raiders and chiefs and the broncos have @jets and the 49'ers so we will see.

Comment

me too! i hope we are both one loss teams going into that game, it will be a huge game. we have @raiders and chiefs and the broncos have @jets and the 49'ers so we will see.
              You never know with the Chiefs but the way you guys are playing right now, no way you lose at home. Different story at Arrowhead, can be a tough place for any team. Raiders? lol... come on.. I'll CP bet you right now you guys will be 6-1 heading into the game at Mile High.

We'll destroy the Jets and I feel confident we take the W at home against 49ers.
              Adopted Poster
              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

You never know with the Chiefs but the way you guys are playing right now, no way you lose at home. Different story at Arrowhead, can be a tough place for any team. Raiders? lol... come on.. I'll CP bet you right now you guys will be 6-1 heading into the game at Mile High.

We'll destroy the Jets and I feel confident we take the W at home against 49ers.
                i can see both the chiefs and 49'ers possibly winning, they are both pretty good teams but on the road against better teams.

Comment

LOL, trophy envy?

In all seriousness, I completely agree about it being better and more enjoyable to have a competitive division and I'm looking forward to the Den @ SD game.

Comment

Dark Helmet, I said twice in my post that this was not an attempt at smack. The two reasons it is not smack is I have basicly stopped "talking smack" for a long time now. Second it is very week smack. It is low hanging fruit. I have been meaning to post this since aeast July but nearly dying was taking up most of my time then my plate was a little full.
                    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                    sigpic

Comment

I seen nobody polishing a trophy...more like laughing at your teams 40+ plus years fail
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                        Dark Helmet, I said twice in my post that this was not an attempt at smack. The two reasons it is not smack is I have basicly stopped "talking smack" for a long time now. Second it is very week smack. It is low hanging fruit. I have been meaning to post this since aeast July but nearly dying was taking up most of my time then my plate was a little full.
                        its cool man this is the smack section, ya know?

Comment

Your one of the few teams in the NFL who has done nothing so your one of the few teams we can rub it in their face, and it annoys more charger fans then not. The only ones who dont care are you whose used to it and the bandwagon fans who dont know their teams never done anything relevant.

Comment

Works the same way with smack. I used to be in here but it's been godawful for a long time. I just can't motivate myself to come in here and talk smack when you know you'll win the division anyway. It's boring lol

At last there's excitement again.
                            OK, here we go then.....this season....

RIVERS > MANNING

Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                              OK, here we go then.....this season....

RIVERS > MANNING

Congrats for the first time ever he has a better QBR, and his passer rating is better, just as it was in 2009 when Rivers lost to... Mark Sanchez. Your team will make the playoffs but you wont even smell the AFC Championship trophy let alone the Lombardi, and Rivers will once again will not be considered an elite QB

Comment

Working...
                              X