X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Peterson sucks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atl

Originally posted by NFL.com
    Peterson has given up an opposing passer rating of 132.4 when targeted this season (12th highest among all corners) and has allowed four touchdowns in coverage (tied for third-most). Pro Football Focus has him rated as their 77th ranked corner out of a possible 103. Yikes.
    Saw this coming. Everybody explained away Peterson having far lesser stats than Richard Sherman as being because he lined up with the #1 WR from the other team all the time. (Even though he actually only did that 2/3rds of the time anyway.)

People love to hate Richard Sherman, and I understand why, but these two guys aren't in the same class at all. Sherman is superior. Guess what? Peterson hasn't been tailing the #1 WR this year. He has been playing LCB (same exact spot as Sherman) every single game except the one against Denver where he played RCB.

Peterson has allowed 17 completions on 27 targets for a 63% completion percentage and Sherman has allowed 10 completions on 20 targets for a 50% completion percentage, but whereas Sherman has allowed one TD, Peterson has allowed four.

Sherman's stats and all-around performance aren't up to last year's standards right now, though they are still very good. Much of this can be explained by having faced, through five games, Rodgers, Rivers, Peyton, and Romo, however. Now that we've gone through a murderer's row of passers, I'm sure he'll allow even fewer completions going forward through the rest of the season.

Random side note: I'm really wondering why the Seahawks aren't doing bump-and-run coverage this year at all...I don't like that we've gone away from that.
    Seahawks fan.

Originally posted by RolandDeschain View Post

Saw this coming. Everybody explained away Peterson having far lesser stats than Richard Sherman as being because he lined up with the #1 WR from the other team all the time. (Even though he actually only did that 2/3rds of the time anyway.)

People love to hate Richard Sherman, and I understand why, but these two guys aren't in the same class at all. Sherman is superior. Guess what? Peterson hasn't been tailing the #1 WR this year. He has been playing LCB (same exact spot as Sherman) every single game except the one against Denver where he played RCB.

Peterson has allowed 17 completions on 27 targets for a 63% completion percentage and Sherman has allowed 10 completions on 20 targets for a 50% completion percentage, but whereas Sherman has allowed one TD, Peterson has allowed four.

Sherman's stats and all-around performance aren't up to last year's standards right now, though they are still very good. Much of this can be explained by having faced, through five games, Rodgers, Rivers, Peyton, and Romo, however. Now that we've gone through a murderer's row of passers, I'm sure he'll allow even fewer completions going forward through the rest of the season.

Random side note: I'm really wondering why the Seahawks aren't doing bump-and-run coverage this year at all...I don't like that we've gone away from that.
    You have to remember that the Cardinals and the Seahawks have a completely different defensive scheme. All the seahawks do is cover 3, where as the Cardinals do man to man; which makes him look worse from a numbers perspective. You will hardly ever see sherman go head to head with some one the way Deion, Revis and Champ did so it's a hard comparison. Not saying Sherman ISNT better though.
    UNITED IN ORANGE!

Comment

It's kind of funny you bring this up the week after Sherman finally followed the other teams best WR around the field in the second half and while it wasn't bad he did get burned a couple times. I find this video below to be rather amusing...

https://vine.co/v/OA9jUzP3tgh
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orangebarrel View Post
        You have to remember that the Cardinals and the Seahawks have a completely different defensive scheme. All the seahawks do is cover 3, where as the Cardinals do man to man; which makes him look worse from a numbers perspective. You will hardly ever see sherman go head to head with some one the way Deion, Revis and Champ did so it's a hard comparison. Not saying Sherman ISNT better though.
        The Seahawks still play cover 1 some, but yes, we're predominantly cover 3. (We do not play cover 3 100% of the time. Fact.) Arizona has traditionally been the reverse; predominantly cover 1, with some cover 3...But you better take a look at what they've been doing primarily this year. Also, look at how Revis has been getting used primarily this year thus far in New England, too.

...By the way, Deion spent almost all of his career playing one side of the field. Not sure where you get that he was a #1 WR shadower.

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
        It's kind of funny you bring this up the week after Sherman finally followed the other teams best WR around the field in the second half and while it wasn't bad he did get burned a couple times. I find this video below to be rather amusing...

https://vine.co/v/OA9jUzP3tgh
        Sherman was targeted six times and allowed three receptions for 39 yards and zero scores in the Dallas game. I'll take that all day every day when it comes to covering a great receiver with a very good passer. Dez had four receptions on 10 targets for 63 yards and zero scores in Seattle. Are you trying to imply with that video that Dez burned us, or something? Give me a break, haha.
        Last edited by RolandDeschain; 10-17-2014, 09:40 AM.
        Seahawks fan.

Comment

Talking about those two poor Corners. Pfft... Lets talk about a great corner

Harris was already one of the league’s best corners and if anything seems to be playing even better than before the injury.

He has been thrown at 27 times this season and has allowed just ten receptions. That 37% completion rate leads the league. As does the passer rating of 31.9 he has surrendered on those targets. In fact, he has yet to give up 100 receiving yards. Not in a game…period. He has given up no touchdowns, has an interception and has broken up eight of the 27 passes thrown his way. The longest pass he has given up all season is just 22 yards long.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

Sherman is a zone CB with 2 of the best safteys in the league.... He can not cover shifty WRS...he is OVER RATED but perfect for the Hawks zone defense

Had to add he might only have 1 td but he also had one huge 2 point conversion scored on him that might as well been a TD. The Cardinals have no pass rush and I dont care who you are ..you can only cover for so long
            Last edited by Beagle; 10-17-2014, 10:03 AM.
            Originally posted by baphamet
            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

The Seahawks still play cover 1 some, but yes, we're predominantly cover 3. (We do not play cover 3 100% of the time. Fact.) Arizona has traditionally been the reverse; predominantly cover 1, with some cover 3...But you better take a look at what they've been doing primarily this year. Also, look at how Revis has been getting used primarily this year thus far in New England, too.

...By the way, Deion spent almost all of his career playing one side of the field. Not sure where you get that he was a #1 WR shadower.

Sherman was targeted six times and allowed three receptions for 39 yards and zero scores in the Dallas game. I'll take that all day every day when it comes to covering a great receiver with a very good passer. Dez had four receptions on 10 targets for 63 yards and zero scores in Seattle. Are you trying to imply with that video that Dez burned us, or something? Give me a break, haha.
              No I am implying with that video that Dez burned Sherman on that play...Hence why i said he (Sherman) got burned a couple times (That's another way of saying 2) then gave you proof. I know reading comprehension is hard but please don't put words in my mouth. I never said Dez burned the seahawks I said Dez burned Sherman on a couple plays and then showed you one of them end of discussion.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
                No I am implying with that video that Dez burned Sherman on that play...Hence why i said he (Sherman) got burned a couple times (That's another way of saying 2) then gave you proof. I know reading comprehension is hard but please don't put words in my mouth. I never said Dez burned the seahawks I said Dez burned Sherman on a couple plays and then showed you one of them end of discussion.

You are dealing with a Seahawks fan, posting on a Broncos board about a Cardinals players.......you have to lower expectations
                sigpic

Comment

If I were to say that Brandon Boykin, Brent Grimes, and Vontae Davis are better cornerbacks than Richard Sherman, I'm sure someone will come along with some fancy stats to prove otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                    You are dealing with a Seahawks fan, posting on a Broncos board about a Cardinals players.......you have to lower expectations
                    EM I always forgets these things, thanks for the reminder i will talk slower for him next time.
                    sigpic

Comment

Cool story bro....Shouldn't you be posting this on the Cardinals smack forums? Or at the very least a forum for a team that gives a crap?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                        If I were to say that Brandon Boykin, Brent Grimes, and Vontae Davis are better cornerbacks than Richard Sherman, I'm sure someone will come along with some fancy stats to prove otherwise.
                        There is probably a PFF article on it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          There is probably a PFF article on it.
                          I already quoted a PFF article saying Harris is great.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

Sherman and Peterson are both overrated. Generally if a guy says he is "the best", its not the case.
                            sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
                              Sherman and Peterson are both overrated. Generally if a guy says he is "the best", its not the case.
                              Pretty much. If you are the best others will say it you shouldn't have to.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X