chargers: "mama's got the magic of Clorox"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SDERA View Post
    Well the first pick the WR slipped, we've even seen that happen to Peyton a ton of times. The second INT was a blatant arm bar by Talib that was replayed half a dozen times for the whole world to see, one of the 3 gigantic bad calls that went in Denver's favor tonight, all of which cost the Chargers points.
    could you name one of those bad calls please? perhaps it was one of the ones that walked you guys down the field on your second td..or maybe one of the ones that gave you 8 shots to score td number 3 inside the 5 which of course you still had to go for it on 4th to even get ....your team was dominated tonight...the score wasn't indicative of the actual game...
    Originally posted by baphamet
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      You win 1 free internet.
      sigpic
      Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        congrats, your team played great!
        I am afraid your team will be scary in your turf once you get heathier too. I knew this game was going to be a battle.

Comment

When the OP says "finna" thats how you know to lower all expectations for the thread lol.

Show some class fellas. You won, don't gotta rub it in with personal attacks directed at posters. By acting like you just won the Superbowl you're diminishing respect for just how great the Broncos team is and can be.
          Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
            When the OP says "finna" thats how you know to lower all expectations for the thread lol.

Show some class fellas. You won, don't gotta rub it in with personal attacks directed at posters. By acting like you just won the Superbowl you're diminishing respect for just how great the Broncos team is and can be.
            This is the smack forum. You'll find Class down the hall on your left.

Comment

Eat a snickers betty white

This is smack...you think there wouldnt be a butt load of charger fans in here talking trash if you won

If you cant handle ...go home
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

We don't rub it in for those who don't deserve it. But the idiot talkers who run their mouth non-stop then disappear after a loss.... we have the right to rub that in especially in the smack section of the boards.
                sigpic

Comment

let me get this straight you throw out a personal attack on the OP then critique Broncos fans for personal attacks? Please allow me to retort....bugger yourself with your hypocrisy :thumb:
                  Originally posted by baphamet
                  are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    congrats, your team played great!
                    Pretty classy Baph. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      Your team got handled! Go to bed son.
                      Dude, you have to admit. We heard A LOT about Denver not being healthy in the Super Bowl during the off season from fans, some even trying to say they win if they are healthy.

All in all, it seems like from many fans of all teams though that it's 'no excuses' if they beat an injured team, and 'we were injured' when they lose while injured.

IMO, Denver probably beats San Diego even if they were healthy. I said the same about SFO, they likely lose handily with or without Bowman, Willis and Smith. But, the same goes for the SEA SB, it is likely a blowout in favor of SEA either way.

In the end, I doubt injuries impact teams in the monumental way that many fans make it seem, and if the loss of 1-2 guys actually does hurt your team in that kind of way it would be likely to be smart to try and find ways to lessen the impact it has, because guys often get hurt.

Teams that consistently win are likely very good at overcoming injuries, the 4 teams in the Conference Championship last year all had dealt with injuries, all made it anyway. The Packers had several injuries the year they won the Super Bowl, as they were very good at overcoming them.
                      Last edited by fallforward3y+; 10-23-2014, 11:04 PM.

Comment

1. The "attack" was directed at the trash talkin from charger fans that was disproved tonight. don't be sensitive.

2. Don't try to hate on me for using "finna". If I feel like talkin ghetto off up in here, dats what I'm gon do patna, this is my leisure time. I utilize proper English and speak eloquently in a professional setting, not when ridiculing charger fans. Be silenced.

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        let me get this straight you throw out a personal attack on the OP then critique Broncos fans for personal attacks? Please allow me to retort....bugger yourself with your hypocrisy :thumb:
                        Amen

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                          Dude, you have to admit. We heard A LOT about Denver not being healthy in the Super Bowl during the off season from fans, some even trying to say they win if they are healthy.

All in all, it seems like from many fans of all teams though that it's 'no excuses' if they beat an injured team, and 'we were injured' when they lose while injured.

IMO, Denver probably beats San Diego even if they were healthy. I said the same about SFO, they likely lose handily with or without Bowman, Willis and Smith. But, the same goes for the SEA SB, it is likely a blowout in favor of SEA either way.

In the end, I doubt injuries impact teams in the monumental way that many fans make it seem, and if the loss of 1-2 guys actually does hurt your team in that kind of way it would be likely to be smart to try and find ways to lessen the impact it has, because guys often get hurt.

Teams that consistently win are likely very good at overcoming injuries, the 4 teams in the Conference Championship last year all had dealt with injuries, all made it anyway. The Packers had several injuries the year they won the Super Bowl, as they were very good at overcoming them.
                          I don't think many Bronco fans felt we would have beat Seattle if 7 of their starters had played. The main point was we probably don't get blown out 43-8 which was proved in our 26-20 loss at Seattle earlier this year.
                          The nines definitely would have slowed the Broncos down with Smith, Willis, & Bowman but I think the miners bigger issue was their offense did the defense no favors with the drops, turnover, & lack of a run game.
                          The Chargers have many injuries but Woodhead and Ingram are the only two I see that are different makers. Matthews ain't running against our defense and Flowers got torched in KC by Manning what's the difference in SD.
                          Denver beat the teams that were put on the field. Bring on the Pats.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, Rivers the Broncos own you.

"San Diego, we have a problem, it's the Broncos".

sigpic

Comment

The Broncos are the superior team to Chargers that's all that needs to be said. This game wasn't even close either Denver was in control the majority of the game start to finish.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                                I don't think many Bronco fans felt we would have beat Seattle if 7 of their starters had played. The main point was we probably don't get blown out 43-8 which was proved in our 26-20 loss at Seattle earlier this year.
                                The nines definitely would have slowed the Broncos down with Smith, Willis, & Bowman but I think the miners bigger issue was their offense did the defense no favors with the drops, turnover, & lack of a run game.
                                The Chargers have many injuries but Woodhead and Ingram are the only two I see that are different makers. Matthews ain't running against our defense and Flowers got torched in KC by Manning what's the difference in SD.
                                Denver beat the teams that were put on the field. Bring on the Pats.
                                I don't think playing them closer in SEA proved that at all. You learned from your mistakes and didn't try to be as pass happy, thus not turning it over as much. You also didn't have the special teams mistakes, or things like giving up a safety. IMO it was more of that, and had very little to do with being healthy. Your biggest SB problems weren't caused by your injuries anyhow.

Similar thing with the Niners, their biggest issues weren't injury related, offense was the bigger issue IMO. I'd point to drops as a big thing. Crabtree drops a well set up screen pass that could have likely gained decent yardage to help the down and distance on the opening play, instead its 2nd and 10. A drop by Davis that could have extended a drive, instead a punt. A dropped potential TD that caused the difference in 4 points. The turnover by Kaep as well, where he went for a longer gain instead of taking what could have likely been a first down.

With 0 drops and turnovers from SFO, the game is likely much closer, but those aren't due to injury. With our injured players in, it may have been a bit closer..but I doubt much. And it's no knock on those guys as they are great players, but teams often seem to suffer very little in terms of overall play with the loss of even great players.

With SD, I think Woodhead may have helped SD control the clock a bit, with methodical plays. He is good at screen passes, and he is good at low running which helps him get yards while being tackled if he gets in good position before contact. It would have to be set up well though to be effective IMO, and the Chargers weren't able to create running lanes all that well. Thus, it may not have made a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X