• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
    That was a good first quarter.
    at that point my friends from college were gloating about how close this game was going to be which somehow was in SD's favor

Leave a comment:

• 58 broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    we were in that game in the first quarter and part of the second quarter, that's about it.
    That was a good first quarter.

Leave a comment:

• 58 broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by SDERA View Post
    OMG I love the irony of this post, talking smack, and the 2nd player you mention happens to be our 4th string RB.

Yeah bud, congrats on beating our JV defense with huge side serving of help from the refs.
    Wait before this game you Charger fans were talking about how great Oliver was and that we wished we had a running back half as good as him. The Broncos spank him and now he is back to being a 4th string scrub. We beat you last year with our JV defense so stop making excuses. And in what reality are you blaming the loss on the refs the first fumble was to close to call but his forearm was down before the ball came out it was moving a little bit before that though. The interception turnover was your players fault for holding not the refs for calling it. The refs also didnt call pass interference on Gates for pushing off during your second TD. Be gracious and accept your butt whooping with class.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    I don't think playing them closer in SEA proved that at all. You learned from your mistakes and didn't try to be as pass happy, thus not turning it over as much. You also didn't have the special teams mistakes, or things like giving up a safety. IMO it was more of that, and had very little to do with being healthy. Your biggest SB problems weren't caused by your injuries anyhow.

Similar thing with the Niners, their biggest issues weren't injury related, offense was the bigger issue IMO. I'd point to drops as a big thing. Crabtree drops a well set up screen pass that could have likely gained decent yardage to help the down and distance on the opening play, instead its 2nd and 10. A drop by Davis that could have extended a drive, instead a punt. A dropped potential TD that caused the difference in 4 points. The turnover by Kaep as well, where he went for a longer gain instead of taking what could have likely been a first down.

With 0 drops and turnovers from SFO, the game is likely much closer, but those aren't due to injury. With our injured players in, it may have been a bit closer..but I doubt much. And it's no knock on those guys as they are great players, but teams often seem to suffer very little in terms of overall play with the loss of even great players.

With SD, I think Woodhead may have helped SD control the clock a bit, with methodical plays. He is good at screen passes, and he is good at low running which helps him get yards while being tackled if he gets in good position before contact. It would have to be set up well though to be effective IMO, and the Chargers weren't able to create running lanes all that well. Thus, it may not have made a big difference.
    I agree Woodhead helped them in their 1 win last year and in the playoffs we played to contain, though the way Marshall was playing today its hard to deny screens would have worked as well no matter who was catching. I think SD's game plan was that they would offensively do what they did last year and expect a victory. They didnt change their plan up much in last years playoffs game or in this game. The adjustments were minor and they tried to force an offense that we had picked apart before.

Its true our D got tired very easily last year and this year as well but its not enough for them to make a huge comeback. If they wanted more success they should have pushed more up the flats and keep our LB's off the line of scrimmage

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by SDERA View Post
    Coming from the fan base that whined all offseason about their injuries in the Super Bowl? BWAHAHAHAHA!
    Yes our depth was bad last year, so bad we embarassed you in the playoffs. Most Bronco fans didnt agree with Kiszla, and believed it was no excuse for losing but many teams like Pats fans would talk about injuries and we would have to talk about it not being better for us. Yes some used the excuse that having a 3rd string C who made the biggest mistake hurt us. Though it wasnt as common as the refs 1 bad call cost us in what could have easily been a 3 scoring game.

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    I don't think many Bronco fans felt we would have beat Seattle if 7 of their starters had played. The main point was we probably don't get blown out 43-8 which was proved in our 26-20 loss at Seattle earlier this year.
    The nines definitely would have slowed the Broncos down with Smith, Willis, & Bowman but I think the miners bigger issue was their offense did the defense no favors with the drops, turnover, & lack of a run game.
    The Chargers have many injuries but Woodhead and Ingram are the only two I see that are different makers. Matthews ain't running against our defense and Flowers got torched in KC by Manning what's the difference in SD.
    Denver beat the teams that were put on the field. Bring on the Pats.
    I don't think playing them closer in SEA proved that at all. You learned from your mistakes and didn't try to be as pass happy, thus not turning it over as much. You also didn't have the special teams mistakes, or things like giving up a safety. IMO it was more of that, and had very little to do with being healthy. Your biggest SB problems weren't caused by your injuries anyhow.

Similar thing with the Niners, their biggest issues weren't injury related, offense was the bigger issue IMO. I'd point to drops as a big thing. Crabtree drops a well set up screen pass that could have likely gained decent yardage to help the down and distance on the opening play, instead its 2nd and 10. A drop by Davis that could have extended a drive, instead a punt. A dropped potential TD that caused the difference in 4 points. The turnover by Kaep as well, where he went for a longer gain instead of taking what could have likely been a first down.

With 0 drops and turnovers from SFO, the game is likely much closer, but those aren't due to injury. With our injured players in, it may have been a bit closer..but I doubt much. And it's no knock on those guys as they are great players, but teams often seem to suffer very little in terms of overall play with the loss of even great players.

With SD, I think Woodhead may have helped SD control the clock a bit, with methodical plays. He is good at screen passes, and he is good at low running which helps him get yards while being tackled if he gets in good position before contact. It would have to be set up well though to be effective IMO, and the Chargers weren't able to create running lanes all that well. Thus, it may not have made a big difference.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    The Broncos are the superior team to Chargers that's all that needs to be said. This game wasn't even close either Denver was in control the majority of the game start to finish.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Yes, Rivers the Broncos own you.

"San Diego, we have a problem, it's the Broncos".

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    Dude, you have to admit. We heard A LOT about Denver not being healthy in the Super Bowl during the off season from fans, some even trying to say they win if they are healthy.

All in all, it seems like from many fans of all teams though that it's 'no excuses' if they beat an injured team, and 'we were injured' when they lose while injured.

IMO, Denver probably beats San Diego even if they were healthy. I said the same about SFO, they likely lose handily with or without Bowman, Willis and Smith. But, the same goes for the SEA SB, it is likely a blowout in favor of SEA either way.

In the end, I doubt injuries impact teams in the monumental way that many fans make it seem, and if the loss of 1-2 guys actually does hurt your team in that kind of way it would be likely to be smart to try and find ways to lessen the impact it has, because guys often get hurt.

Teams that consistently win are likely very good at overcoming injuries, the 4 teams in the Conference Championship last year all had dealt with injuries, all made it anyway. The Packers had several injuries the year they won the Super Bowl, as they were very good at overcoming them.
    I don't think many Bronco fans felt we would have beat Seattle if 7 of their starters had played. The main point was we probably don't get blown out 43-8 which was proved in our 26-20 loss at Seattle earlier this year.
    The nines definitely would have slowed the Broncos down with Smith, Willis, & Bowman but I think the miners bigger issue was their offense did the defense no favors with the drops, turnover, & lack of a run game.
    The Chargers have many injuries but Woodhead and Ingram are the only two I see that are different makers. Matthews ain't running against our defense and Flowers got torched in KC by Manning what's the difference in SD.
    Denver beat the teams that were put on the field. Bring on the Pats.

Leave a comment:

• 602BroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblues View Post
    When the OP says "finna" thats how you know to lower all expectations for the thread lol.

Show some class fellas. You won, don't gotta rub it in with personal attacks directed at posters. By acting like you just won the Superbowl you're diminishing respect for just how great the Broncos team is and can be.
    1. The "attack" was directed at the trash talkin from charger fans that was disproved tonight. don't be sensitive.

2. Don't try to hate on me for using "finna". If I feel like talkin ghetto off up in here, dats what I'm gon do patna, this is my leisure time. I utilize proper English and speak eloquently in a professional setting, not when ridiculing charger fans. Be silenced.

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    let me get this straight you throw out a personal attack on the OP then critique Broncos fans for personal attacks? Please allow me to retort....bugger yourself with your hypocrisy :thumb:
    Amen

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Your team got handled! Go to bed son.
    Dude, you have to admit. We heard A LOT about Denver not being healthy in the Super Bowl during the off season from fans, some even trying to say they win if they are healthy.

All in all, it seems like from many fans of all teams though that it's 'no excuses' if they beat an injured team, and 'we were injured' when they lose while injured.

IMO, Denver probably beats San Diego even if they were healthy. I said the same about SFO, they likely lose handily with or without Bowman, Willis and Smith. But, the same goes for the SEA SB, it is likely a blowout in favor of SEA either way.

In the end, I doubt injuries impact teams in the monumental way that many fans make it seem, and if the loss of 1-2 guys actually does hurt your team in that kind of way it would be likely to be smart to try and find ways to lessen the impact it has, because guys often get hurt.

Teams that consistently win are likely very good at overcoming injuries, the 4 teams in the Conference Championship last year all had dealt with injuries, all made it anyway. The Packers had several injuries the year they won the Super Bowl, as they were very good at overcoming them.
    Last edited by fallforward3y+; 10-23-2014, 11:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    congrats, your team played great!
    Pretty classy Baph. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    When the OP says "finna" thats how you know to lower all expectations for the thread lol.

Show some class fellas. You won, don't gotta rub it in with personal attacks directed at posters. By acting like you just won the Superbowl you're diminishing respect for just how great the Broncos team is and can be.
    let me get this straight you throw out a personal attack on the OP then critique Broncos fans for personal attacks? Please allow me to retort....bugger yourself with your hypocrisy :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied

We don't rub it in for those who don't deserve it. But the idiot talkers who run their mouth non-stop then disappear after a loss.... we have the right to rub that in especially in the smack section of the boards.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied

Eat a snickers betty white

This is smack...you think there wouldnt be a butt load of charger fans in here talking trash if you won

If you cant handle ...go home

Leave a comment:

Working...
X