Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

River's behavior was more irritating than usual.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I've grown to respect Rivers over the years.

Used to hate him a lot but not as much now.

He's a very passionate player, his tantroms and whatnot is what it is.
    rivers is like a kid playing in the backyard, i can see why rival fans don't like his antics but like you said that's just the way he plays the game.

other than the way he gets emotional, i cannot think of a better guy to represent the chargers on and off the field, especially when you have so many bad guys misrepresenting the NFL lately.

rivers is not one of them, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    I've grown to respect Rivers over the years.

Used to hate him a lot but not as much now.

He's a very passionate player, his tantroms and whatnot is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
    I'd rather see Rivers make goofy faces and complain than cheer and smile. Nothing annoying about seeing him mad he's losing, it's a sign we're winning. Bronco fans gotta get this right.
    he doesn't just do it when we are losing though. he has been yelling at the OL all year and for good reason, they kind of suck.

Leave a comment:

• 602BroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    i don't see any issue with it, it's a football game and there is a lot of emotion evolved. i like that peyton is a little fiery, better than what the giants have with eli, a soulless statue void of emotion with no fire or vocal leadership at all.....until he is winning in the SB or something.
    I'd rather see Rivers make goofy faces and complain than cheer and smile. Nothing annoying about seeing him mad he's losing, it's a sign we're winning. Bronco fans gotta get this right.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    you guys will get a kick out of this, i don't have a link because it was on the radio in SD (i listen to the podcasts at work sometimes).

anyways, they have a segment with nick hardwick every week (our center who has been with rivers since the beginning) and they asked him a question about when rivers gets all fiery and sometimes yells at the OL'men.

he responded by saying (i'm paraphrasing) "he's gotten punched in the jaw a few times over the years, in the huddle"

not sure if he was joking but the visual i get thinking about that is hilarious!

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    No most Bronco fans were annoyed by the way he was acting too, you here it to no end in general discussion facebook twitter. Bronco fans thought he showed way to much attitude. Ive heard chargers and ex chargers say the guy gets a little crazy but his competitive nature makes up for it.
    i don't see any issue with it, it's a football game and there is a lot of emotion evolved. i like that peyton is a little fiery, better than what the giants have with eli, a soulless statue void of emotion with no fire or vocal leadership at all.....until he is winning in the SB or something.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    one thing i noticed last night was manning was acting very similar to rivers at times, its only annoying if it isn't your QB.
    No most Bronco fans were annoyed by the way he was acting too, you here it to no end in general discussion facebook twitter. Bronco fans thought he showed way to much attitude. Ive heard chargers and ex chargers say the guy gets a little crazy but his competitive nature makes up for it.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Rancid View Post

I am sure his coaches and team mates are very proud of him. Usually when people act like this in public, they get spanked afterwards.
    his coaches and teammates love him to death, actually.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    one thing i noticed last night was manning was acting very similar to rivers at times, its only annoying if it isn't your QB.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied

I am sure his coaches and team mates are very proud of him. Usually when people act like this in public, they get spanked afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• powderblues
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Yeah the funny thing is theres only a receiver in the hemet they cant here you, and there are coaches right next to him while hes doing it. Hes been in the NFL for a decade and he hasnt figured that out yet
    He obviously knows they can't hear him.

He's just yelling at it as a way to show that he is frustrated at them.

He obviously won't go up to Frank Reich/Mike McCoys face and do that lol.

Either way Rivers is a boss we love him.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkB View Post
    Stupid Helmet! Why did you make me think it was a good idea to say i wanted Manning in this division!

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Give me space, I'm going to be sick!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Who are those little bitty guys and how did they get into my hat?

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
    Somebody needs to tell him that those little voices he hears are in his head and do not actually live in his helmet!
    Yeah the funny thing is theres only a receiver in the hemet they cant here you, and there are coaches right next to him while hes doing it. Hes been in the NFL for a decade and he hasnt figured that out yet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X