At Least We're Not the 49ers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Least We're Not the 49ers.

THIS guy is their new head coach. Forget that he looks like Ron Jeremy, his interviewing skills are top-notch:

Jim Tomsula

Brilliant. It is going to be fun watching my boss, who is a die-hard 49ers fan, lose his mind every time this guy opens his mouth.

Trent Baalke was even worse when he introduced Tomsula as head coach. I lost count of how many times he uttered the word "process" about 30 seconds into his speech. I'm not poking fun at anyone with a speech impediment, but you'd think a person would steer clear of a word like "process" as much as possible when speaking in public if they had troubles with it.

Comment

At least you're not that team that hired Josh McDaniels a few seasons back, and then imploded. Was that the Bears?
      Bowlen: "no competitive advantage" in salary cap violations.

Comment

Tough talk on a forum. Will you come around here when the Patriots get their lunch stolen by those big, bad bullies known as the Seahawks?

Comment

Lol, his interviewing skills and what he looks like? That's why us Niner fans should be worried about having him as a coach? I'm a bit more concerned with how well he does coaching the team, not how he does in interviews or what he looks like, I mean come on now, really?

Comment

I'll miss Harbaugh. You can't have enough Harbaughs. John's comments after the divisional round loss were hilarious.
            "That's why I had to go take the penalty to get their attention so that they would understand what was going on, because they didn't understand what was going on."
            The refs didn't understand John's confusion well enough, and weren't making any special allowances. They forced his hand. If a Harbaugh is running onto the field, it must be Sunday.
            Bowlen: "no competitive advantage" in salary cap violations.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
              Lol, his interviewing skills and what he looks like? That's why us Niner fans should be worried about having him as a coach? I'm a bit more concerned with how well he does coaching the team, not how he does in interviews or what he looks like, I mean come on now, really?
              You absolutely should be worried about how he will coach the team. There's not much about him that suggests that he will be able to handle being a head coach, and that interview certainly didn't do anything to instill any sort of hope...which was my point. New head coaches, especially those with a hell of a lot to prove, should at least attempt to put on some air of confidence and show that they have some direction. Mumbling non-answers through an interview with the local press isn't the way to do that.

The 49ers boards are full of fans who are ridiculing his appearance/interview/public speaking. It's funny. I know you're a little uptight right now because your front office sucks and things are a little chaotic over there, but it's OK to lighten up and laugh at what you can.

Comment

He kind of reminds me of Tony Sporano. Lots of heart. Lots of emotion and enthusiasm. Could work for some teams. Especially if Shanny is in there taking care of the X's and O's

But, I do see your point.

Denver media has all but laughed this guy out of the stadium. I know the Broncos coaches lacked those specific characteristics I mentioned which resulted in a ho hum playoff game at home.

I'm glad I'll get to watch this without a dog in the fight.
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                X