Talib investigated for assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    I didn't say they learned their lesson, just that with Hernandez in particular there isn't evidence they saw any red flags. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. That shouldn't be held against the Pats without evidence. McClain is a different story though imo, there are red flags there.

I was responding to the poster I quoted. He said that the only reason Hernandez isn't a Patriot anymore is because he is in jail, and mentioned that the last fan base he'd go to for guidance on morals was the Pats, and made comparisons to their cheating scandals and Hernandez 'cheating the system', calling it the Patriot way.

That just takes things way too far imo. It seems as if he was saying their cheating scandals are somehow a sign that they would look the other way about a murder, and that seems pretty far fetched imo.
    I think you went head first into a slippery
    slope slide.
    I highly doubt the PATS would
    assist Hernandez get away with murder.

I made an uncouth joke about the PATS
    being cheaters therefore Hernandez,
    an ex-PAT would cheat his way out of a murder.

To clarify:

"The New England Patriots have announced the release of
    tight end Aaron Hernandez following his arrest...
    Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one
    of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation."

http://www.patriots.com/news/2013/06...aron-hernandez

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
      What is the latest on the Aaron Hernandez case?
      Kraft took the stand last week and testified that Aaron told him he wasn't involved in the murder, so word is, Hernandez will be acquitted and then re-signed by the Pats.

Comment

LOL. You'll go far in this life with that ability to reason things out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky D View Post
          LOL. You'll go far in this life with that ability to reason things out.
          Lol- from the "its all a conspiracy" guy....

Conspiracies and jealous ex Jets- the automated responses from Pats fans

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
            I didn't say they learned their lesson, just that with Hernandez in particular there isn't evidence they saw any red flags. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. That shouldn't be held against the Pats without evidence. McClain is a different story though imo, there are red flags there.

I was responding to the poster I quoted. He said that the only reason Hernandez isn't a Patriot anymore is because he is in jail, and mentioned that the last fan base he'd go to for guidance on morals was the Pats, and made comparisons to their cheating scandals and Hernandez 'cheating the system', calling it the Patriot way.

That just takes things way too far imo. It seems as if he was saying their cheating scandals are somehow a sign that they would look the other way about a murder, and that seems pretty far fetched imo.
            Well my point is that the Pats said they learned their lesson and would pay more attention to red flags when they are present going forward. I believe the Pats had some inkling that Hernandez was a bad guy or he wouldn't have fallen so far in the draft, but no one would have predicted this.

However, after saying they learned their lesson, would scrutinize more closely, blah, blah, they COMPLETELY ignored all of it when they offered McClain a contract. On the same day Kraft i's testifying no less. That's why I call them frauds.

If there's anyone with glaring red flags it's McClain and they still offered him $4 million. Whatever. They probably dodged a bullet, no pun intended, that McClain turned it down to stay in Dallas. I just don't want to hear the bull crap about how much they learned from the Hernandez debacle. Cause the Pats are full of it.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I believe I remember a report coming out about Hernandez having a very heated argument with Belichick in which he threatened him. I want to say Belichick was criticizing Hernandez for partying or something instead of attending some kind of a workout Tom Brady was having. I know it was something along those lines.

Pretty clear the guy was a sociopath. And the Patriots drafted him, housed him, and had given him a pretty hefty contract. But the NE fans shouldn't think about any of that. They should just worry about Talib's investigation.

Comment

Might be off topic, but was thinking about this today.

What do bronco fans think of Talib? Did he under-perform, meet expectations, or exceed them?

I don't think he was as good on the Broncos as he was with the patriots... He was expected to be the top corner on the team and was out performed by a good margin by Harris.

I don't think he was as shutdown. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post

What do bronco fans think of Talib? Did he under-perform, meet expectations, or exceed them?

I don't think he was as good on the Broncos as he was with the patriots... He was expected to be the top corner on the team and was out performed by a good margin by Harris.

I agree with you. When he was put on big physical receivers like Dwayne Bowe, Crabtree, Decker, Fitzgerald, Malcolm Floyd,
                  Sammy Watkins, and AJ Green he was fine.
                  JDR didn't use him right the best exam was the playoff game where he put him on the speedy TY Hilton and he was abused.
                  Talib is still a good player but Bellichek gets the mist out of players and knows exactly what they can and can't do.
                  I hope Wade Phillips uses Talib against bigger receivers and TE'S on passing downs this year that will get the most out of his talent IMO.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    I agree with you. When he was put on big physical receivers like Dwayne Bowe, Crabtree, Decker, Fitzgerald, Malcolm Floyd,
                    Sammy Watkins, and AJ Green he was fine.
                    JDR didn't use him right the best exam was the playoff game where he put him on the speedy TY Hilton and he was abused.
                    Talib is still a good player but Bellichek gets the mist out of players and knows exactly what they can and can't do.
                    I hope Wade Phillips uses Talib against bigger receivers and TE'S on passing downs this year that will get the most out of his talent IMO.
                    That's the best way to use him otherwise he gets burned by fast shifty guys... He is a very physical corner who needs a big target to make contact with.

BB does a perfect job with putting guys in a position to succeed.

I agree can't wait to see what phillips has because fox and jdr had sooooo much talent on defense that it was one of the biggest disappointments for me to see

Comment

That's the best way to use him otherwise he gets burned by fast shifty guys... He is a very physical corner who needs a big target to make contact with.

BB does a perfect job with putting guys in a position to succeed.

I agree can't wait to see what phillips has because fox and jdr had sooooo much talent on defense that it was one of the biggest disappointments for me to see
                      I agree There were times I was sitting here thinking I could put together a better game plan than this for my middle school football team. The first half of the year I tried lying to myself by saying they are being vanilla on purpose and saving it for the big games and playoffs, but that was just delusion on my part.
                      sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
                      UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                        Hernandez got his!!!

Money makes you more of what you are. If you're an idiot ganbanger jack ass before money, you're not going to be cleansed by Benjamins after.

Good riddance. Now he gets to play gangbanger for real for the rest of his life in the pokey.
                        sigpic

Comment

Talibs case was suspended.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-and-reaction

Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib has been under investigation for an alleged assault over the past week, but charges are not forthcoming due to a lack of evidence.

According to Rebecca Lopez of WFAA, the case against the two-time Pro Bowler has been suspended:

It was originally reported by Lopez, Mike Leslie and Josh Davis of WFAA.com that police were looking into an alleged assault involving Talib and his brother at a Dallas nightclub on April 8.

Despite the investigation, club owner Hanney Kamal claimed that there was no physical altercation involving the 29-year-old defensive back or his brother, per Robert Wilonsky of The Dallas Morning News:

One-hundred percent that did not happen. I was there. Somebody might have called the police because there was a yelling argument. It's athletes—someone sees them yelling and dials 911. But there was nothing to that nature. Nothing happened. It's just a typical nightclub. You're always going to get people yelling.

The Dallas Police Department ultimately reached the conclusion that there was not enough cause to continue pursuing a case against Talib.

That is certainly a relief for the former University of Kansas standout and the Broncos since preparations have already begun for the 2015 season.

Denver desperately needs him to be a shutdown corner in order to realistically pursue a Super Bowl title, and the fact that the investigation has been suspended suggests that he will be available and ready to go when the 2015 campaign commences.

Comment

I never saw him as a shut down guy to begin with.I knew Harris was better.. I think he was a down grade in coverage from DRC but a huge upgrade in run defense. When he wants to play he is really good but he seems to drift along with the current sometimes instead of swimming for all he is worth at all times if you see what I am getting at. With the new defense being more blitz happy should increase his INTs because he likes looking at the QB while he runs and any passes that are forced to be thrown quick will be to his advantage.
                            Originally posted by baphamet
                            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                              Talibs case was suspended.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-and-reaction

Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib has been under investigation for an alleged assault over the past week, but charges are not forthcoming due to a lack of evidence.

According to Rebecca Lopez of WFAA, the case against the two-time Pro Bowler has been suspended:

It was originally reported by Lopez, Mike Leslie and Josh Davis of WFAA.com that police were looking into an alleged assault involving Talib and his brother at a Dallas nightclub on April 8.

Despite the investigation, club owner Hanney Kamal claimed that there was no physical altercation involving the 29-year-old defensive back or his brother, per Robert Wilonsky of The Dallas Morning News:

One-hundred percent that did not happen. I was there. Somebody might have called the police because there was a yelling argument. It's athletes—someone sees them yelling and dials 911. But there was nothing to that nature. Nothing happened. It's just a typical nightclub. You're always going to get people yelling.

The Dallas Police Department ultimately reached the conclusion that there was not enough cause to continue pursuing a case against Talib.

That is certainly a relief for the former University of Kansas standout and the Broncos since preparations have already begun for the 2015 season.

Denver desperately needs him to be a shutdown corner in order to realistically pursue a Super Bowl title, and the fact that the investigation has been suspended suggests that he will be available and ready to go when the 2015 campaign commences.
                              In other news, Hernadez still a murderer.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X