Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top QBs in different areas of the game

Pre-snap Reads:

1 P. Manning(to me, he is number 1 easily in this category)

Quick Release:

1 P. Manning
    2 T. Brady

Pocket Mobility:

1 T. Brady
    2 D. Brees
    3 A. Rodgers

Extending the Play
    1 A. Rodgers
    2 T. Romo
    3 B. Roethlisberger
    4 A. Luck

Most Difficult To Sack Under Pressure

1 P. Manning
    2 A. Luck
    3 T. Brady

Effective Deep Ball
    1 R. Wilson
    2 A. Rodgers
    3 A. Luck
    4 B. Roethlisberger

Accuracy
    1. P. Manning
    2 D. Brees
    3 M. Ryan

Being effective with different receivers
    1. D. Brees
    2. T. Brady
    3. A. Rodgers

Adjusting when the play doesn't go as planned
    1. D. Brees
    2. A. Rodgers
    3. T. Romo

These are my rankings. Hopefully, you will list yours, and hopefully this discussion will be fun.

Super Bowl Wins

1. Tom Brady - 4

2. Ben Roethlisberger/Eli Manning - 2

3. Rodgers/Peyton Manning/Brees/Flacco - 1
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
      Super Bowl Wins

1. Patriots - 4

2. Steelers - 6 Giants 4

3. Greenbay 4/Colts 3 /Saints 1 /Ravens 2
      Fixed it for ya Superbowls are a team thing not a player thing..if everyone were to use superbowl wins as criteria Charles Haley would be the greatest NFL player of all time
      Last edited by Beagle; 04-25-2015, 02:54 PM.
      Originally posted by baphamet
      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        Fixed it for ya Superbowls are a team thing not a player thing..if everyone were to use superbowl wins as criteria Charles Haley would be the greatest NFL player of all time
        We don't seem to often agree, but we agree here. It seems very illogical to judge an individual player by wins, when you can look at their individual performance.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post

Extending the Play
          1 A. Rodgers
          2 T. Romo
          3 B. Roethlisberger
          4 A. Luck

Adjusting when the play doesn't go as planned
          1. D. Brees
          2. A. Rodgers
          3. T. Romo
          I would rank Russell Wilson in the top 3 of both of these categories. He does an excellent job of scrambling not to run, but to buy time for a receiver to come open
          "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
          PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
          LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
            I would rank Russell Wilson in the top 3 of both of these categories. He does an excellent job of scrambling not to run, but to buy time for a receiver to come open
            He does, that is true. I had actually forgotten about him, although it's hard for me to take any of those 4 off the list for him though for extending the play, but you could make a good argument for him.

With adjusting when the play doesn't go as planned, he is good, and the running element does help him with that as well I do think. I think I could make an argument for Brady as well, he does have great pocket mobility which helps with adjusting if the play doesn't go as planned, although his receivers seem to run their routes with great execution partly because of how well the offense is designed.

Brees seems to be very good at adjusting when the play doesn't go as planned, probably better than anyone. He has great pocket mobility, and seems to do great with finding a receiver if the one he initially wanted to target isn't open, and/or adjusting for a poorly run route due to his pocket mobility.

Comment

Working...
            X