No announcement yet.

How do you like your teams first round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you like your teams first round?

I love Denver's move! Thinking Ray just had a dumb moment but can be great. How about these other teams? Let's hear it!!

I love our pick- Ray is great value with big upside!

I also loved the tender slow dance moment between Melvin Gordon and the Commish!
    They were swaying back and forth like they had a couple of Melvins......
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 04-30-2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

well the chargers picked the guy i wanted them to, the guy that seemed like most chargers fans wanted. but it just sucks they had to give away draft picks just to move 2 spots.

oh well, it could be worse. they could have given up even more for a guy that is a suspension risk because he likes to toke.......hilarious that he plays in Denver, good luck with that

i'm sure von can hook him up with the stickiest of the icky!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        well the chargers picked the guy i wanted them to, the guy that seemed like most chargers fans wanted. but it just sucks they had to give away draft picks just to move 2 spots.

oh well, it could be worse. they could have given up even more for a guy that is a suspension risk because he likes to toke.......hilarious that he plays in Denver, good luck with that

Elways done a great job with our drafts. Highly doubt we need luck. Maybe Ingram needs to blaze up .Might actually get to the QB..or he might just be that much less effective.
        :thumb:

I feel sorry for Gordon.. dude couldn't beat out Ball now he gets Drafted by the Chargers..Remember the last time you guys traded up to get a RB..he was the next big thing and spent more time on the trainers table than the field
        Last edited by Beagle; 04-30-2015, 09:57 PM.
        Originally posted by baphamet
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

I think the patriots got incredibly lucky that Malcom brown fell to them... Huge fan of the pick. I think he is plug and play.

My FAVORITE pick in the entire first round was the Colts. I don't care how good Dorrsett is, I can't wait to see blount run for 200+ yards on them again.

Grigson once again showing why he is the worst GM in the NFL. Oldest defense in the league could get huge pieces on the dline, oline, lb or secondary and they go with the only position they are truly set at.

Classic case of Colts thinking football is 7v7 and they just need a ton of skill players. Someone want to let me know how they are going to get Ty, dorsettt, andre, fleener, allen, moncrief and carter all on the field at once!

Comment

Kind of "meh" all around in my opinion, I'd give the edge to Denver simply because of Wade Phillips.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
              I think the patriots got incredibly lucky that Malcom brown fell to them... Huge fan of the pick. I think he is plug and play.

My FAVORITE pick in the entire first round was the Colts. I don't care how good Dorrsett is, I can't wait to see blount run for 200+ yards on them again.

Grigson once again showing why he is the worst GM in the NFL. Oldest defense in the league could get huge pieces on the dline, oline, lb or secondary and they go with the only position they are truly set at.

Classic case of Colts thinking football is 7v7 and they just need a ton of skill players. Someone want to let me know how they are going to get Ty, dorsettt, andre, fleener, allen, moncrief and carter all on the field at once!
              The Colts quietly did a good job soaring up that defense in FA..Best signing for me was Denvers Nate Irvin at ILB he can also play weak or strong side...but yeah thats a lot of WRs maybe they are looking to trade someone
              http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...own?id=2552483
              Malcom brown is compared to Sylvester Williams by espn.
              Last edited by Beagle; 04-30-2015, 11:53 PM.
              Originally posted by baphamet
              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Chargers moved up 2 spots and traded a 4th this year and a 5th next year. They moved up 1000 points in the trade chart value, and gave up their #117 overall ( 60 points) and a 5th next year. Which will be between 43 and 27 points. Denver moved up 5 spots, and gained 1000 points in the draft chart value and didn't even have to give up a 4th We gave up a 5th this year (34.5) and a 5th next year ( max of 43) and a linemen that every Bronco fan is glad that he isn't here anymore.

We came in to the draft with 2 5th round picks. Now we still have 1 5th round pick, as well as 8 picks left. Meanwhile you guys gave up 2 picks to move up 2 spots, and only have 4 picks left. So explain to me how we gave up too much? Just here to educate fans the game of football. Chargers will still be battling for 2nd or 3rd in the division. Enjoy it. Excited to see where Melvin Gordon ends up in a few years.
                :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
                  Chargers moved up 2 spots and traded a 4th this year and a 5th next year. They moved up 1000 points in the trade chart value, and gave up their #117 overall ( 60 points) and a 5th next year. Which will be between 43 and 27 points. Denver moved up 5 spots, and gained 1000 points in the draft chart value and didn't even have to give up a 4th We gave up a 5th this year (34.5) and a 5th next year ( max of 43) and a linemen that every Bronco fan is glad that he isn't here anymore.

We came in to the draft with 2 5th round picks. Now we still have 1 5th round pick, as well as 8 picks left. Meanwhile you guys gave up 2 picks to move up 2 spots, and only have 4 picks left. So explain to me how we gave up too much? Just here to educate fans the game of football. Chargers will still be battling for 2nd or 3rd in the division. Enjoy it. Excited to see where Melvin Gordon ends up in a few years.
                  well, when your guy is on suspension for toking up, we can revisit this and you can tell me how valuable of a trade up that was for you

oh and of course every broncos fan didn't want franklin anymore after he left, which is pretty much the same story after every player leaves denver.

you now have one more need at that position and we do not, thanks for that!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    Elways done a great job with our drafts. Highly doubt we need luck. Maybe Ingram needs to blaze up .Might actually get to the QB..or he might just be that much less effective.
                    :thumb:

I feel sorry for Gordon.. dude couldn't beat out Ball now he gets Drafted by the Chargers..Remember the last time you guys traded up to get a RB..he was the next big thing and spent more time on the trainers table than the field
                    yes because the all mighty elway can just snap his fingers and dude will not get caught smoking weed anymore? look at randy gregory who has the same issue and was considered by many a top 5 talent, who fell out of the first round?

by the way, yes i do remember the last time the chargers traded up for a RB in the first round.

that guy was injury prone in college and the issue continued in his pro career which ultimately led to his departure. gordon did not have the same issues in college, which is why the chargers wanted him even over gurley.

i am glad you mentioned ball, who is definitely not living up to his potential so far and has been injured. we will see who has the better NFL career.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                      Kind of "meh" all around in my opinion, I'd give the edge to Denver simply because of Wade Phillips.
                      not sure what that even means

are you saying because they have wade Philips their pick was better? is he going to somehow prevent the kid from getting suspended?

i will say that was a very good pick up for them, unrelated to the draft however.
                      sigpic

Comment

I liked our selection of LB S Ray.

I disliked CHI's selection.
                        So...you get rid of WR B Marshall
                        in order to draft another WR?

They should have kept B Marshall
                        and drafted LB Vic Beasley.

Surprised that CLE had a solid draft.
                        They got better on both sides of the line.

Comment

well, when your guy is on suspension for toking up, we can revisit this and you can tell me how valuable of a trade up that was for you

oh and of course every broncos fan didn't want franklin anymore after he left, which is pretty much the same story after every player leaves denver.

you now have one more need at that position and we do not, thanks for that!
                          You do know he didn't test positive for it being in his system right? Plus every interview I've seen he accepts that he made a mistake and didn't try using a an excuse or anything.

But I guess when you have to hope that a player gets suspended it must mean denver made a great pick when opposing fans hope they don't have to see them on the field.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            The Colts quietly did a good job soaring up that defense in FA..Best signing for me was Denvers Nate Irvin at ILB he can also play weak or strong side...but yeah thats a lot of WRs maybe they are looking to trade someone
                            http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...own?id=2552483
                            Malcom brown is compared to Sylvester Williams by espn.
                            Nate Irving is a "meh" signing.... He is an adequate starter, but not an impact player or an upgrade to what they had last year. Now if they signed Brandon spikes to shore up their run defense or traded for Wilkerson (don't think they have the cap space for that) that would be one thing. Other than Irving, I don't think they made any significant signings on the defensive side of the ball.

Could have had Malcom brown or Landon Collins. Could have taken a guard or tackle to protect luck as their offensive line is pretty poor.

Colts fans are pretty pissed with the pick and I don't blame them... Dorsettt could turn into a solid player, but it won't matter because they had so many other needs. pep Hamilton loves the two tight end sets, so how does he expect to get this guy on the field?

Reports are that other teams flat out laughed at them when they heard the pick... I doubt grigson still has a job of he didn't have the most obvious pick of the last 20 years.

As for Malcom brown, I didn't think Danny Shelton was that much better than him. I think they are pretty comparable players. I like the comparison for Sly williams, but I will make one distinction... He is sly williams with a much better attitude and work ethic which is why I think he will be a great pro.

Comment

wasn't shane ray the guy who skipped the combine in order to bulk up except he didn't?
                              Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

Working...
                              X