• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Verrett ♥ Bradley Roby

Just cuz

Originally posted by SDERA View Post
    Just cuz
    Sure Verrett may be a little better, but I would stick with Roby.
    Nice try comparing your team's second best corner to our third best Hahahaha!
    sigpic

Comment

Oh. Ok.

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        Sure Verrett may be a little better, but I would stick with Roby.
        Nice try comparing your team's second best corner to our third best Hahahaha!
        I'm interested, why exactly you would you stick with Roby? Just cuz he's a Bronco? Or because you see something there?

BTW I think Verrett is better than Flowers, at the moment, and for the future.
        Last edited by SDERA; 08-10-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I'm interested, why exactly you would you stick with Roby? Just cuz he's a Bronco? Or because you see something there?

So you're comparing your #1 cb to our #3?
          sigpic

Comment

Because he had a great year 1 for us, he is big, fast, and physical, and only going to get better IMO. Some of that is bias over Verrett not because he is a Bronco but because I watched every game he played in.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
              So you're comparing your #1 cb to our #3?
              Sure, why not? Roby played more snaps than Flowers and Verrett last year.

But if you'd like to raise the bar, I think Verrett will soon be considered on par with guys like Talib and Harris (I've always been a huge Harris fan) once he gets back on the field.
              Last edited by SDERA; 08-10-2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Sure, why not? Roby played more snaps than Flowers and Verrett last year.

But if you'd like to raise the bar, I think Verrett will soon be considered on par with guys like Talib and Harris (I've always been a huge Harris fan) once he gets back on the field.
                Could be. He's got a long ways to go. Harris is better than Talib imo. I think he's my favorite Bronco.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                  Could be. He's got a long ways to go. Harris is better than Talib imo. I think he's my favorite Bronco.
                  The hype train is in full steam ahead for Verrett.

Rivers said Verrett is on the verge of being "elite". Jimmy Wilson said "he's the best I've ever played with", and today Stevie Johnson said "he's going to be the best CB in the league." Quite the compliment from a guy who used to line up against Darrell Revis twice a year.

So naturally...Verrett is doomed to injury. That's just the way it goes with these things.

Roby did impress me last year. I've always felt that he seems like a natural FS to me, he panics a little when the receiver gets behind him. But he's got Eric Berry type physical skills.
                  Last edited by SDERA; 08-10-2015, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Roby has an edge over Verrett because of height and frame. Verrett is 5'9 1/2", 188. Roby is 5'11 1/4", 194, built more like the standard CB. Verrett is small and frail, with surgeries on both shoulders. While Verrett had little production spending time on IR, Roby made 65 tackles and broke 13 passes. The concerns that made Roby fall in the draft did not materialize last year; he looked focused and tackled extremely well, even delivering some big hits and forcing fumbles. Roby was a great pick. The Browns overdrafted Justin Gilbert (#8), who looks like a bust, the Bengals took Darqueze Dennard (#24), the Chargers took Verrett and, in the end, Roby was the best rookie CB. There is a long way to go, but right now Roby is the #1 CB from his class.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just cuz
                      you are a year late with that one

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...45#post4987445

if verrett stays healthy he's gonna beast this year but sorry donkey fans, there's no stat sheet for you to look at to explain why.

i agree he will end up better than flowers and a pro bowler, dude is a special kind of talent, i just hope he can stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        Roby has an edge over Verrett because of height and frame. Verrett is 5'9 1/2", 188. Roby is 5'11 1/4", 194, built more like the standard CB. Verrett is small and frail, with surgeries on both shoulders. While Verrett had little production spending time on IR, Roby made 65 tackles and broke 13 passes. The concerns that made Roby fall in the draft did not materialize last year; he looked focused and tackled extremely well, even delivering some big hits and forcing fumbles. Roby was a great pick. The Browns overdrafted Justin Gilbert (#8), who looks like a bust, the Bengals took Darqueze Dennard (#24), the Chargers took Verrett and, in the end, Roby was the best rookie CB. There is a long way to go, but right now Roby is the #1 CB from his class.
                        well ya last year the guy couldn't really participate in TC and was hurt a lot of the year, so based on rookie performance you would have to say roby was better last year.

but going forward i think verrett is gonna be awesome and one of the better corners in the league, his coverage skills are phenomenal. i also think when you are as talented as verrett, you don't need to be tall to make plays.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...pts-Derek-Carr

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          And I'm sure Chicago fans would say the same about Kyle Fuller, who at this point arguably is the #1 CB in the class.

Plus it's worth remembering, the Chargers had one of the worst pass rushes in the league last year with Ingram, Attaochu, and Freeney all injured. While the Broncos have arguably the best tandem in the league, led by what may be the best OLB in the league in Von Miller.

Just one of those things you have to keep in mind when ranking any DBs stats.

And if you buy into the Pro Football Focus model of ranking (play by play rather than stats) Verrett was a top 5 CB before the injury.

Comment

The hype train is in full steam ahead for Verrett.

Rivers said Verrett is on the verge of being "elite". Jimmy Wilson said "he's the best I've ever played with", and today Stevie Johnson said "he's going to be the best CB in the league." Quite the compliment from a guy who used to line up against Darrell Revis twice a year.

So naturally...Verrett is doomed to injury. That's just the way it goes with these things.

Roby did impress me last year. I've always felt that he seems like a natural FS to me, he panics a little when the receiver gets behind him. But he's got Eric Berry type physical skills.
                            DJ Hayden is also talking how Oakland's young secondary is going to take over the league this year.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              DJ Hayden is also talking how Oakland's young secondary is going to take over the league this year.
                              they are not saying that about anyone else though, just verrett.

Comment

Working...
                              X