Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a team go over a season without a passing TD?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How does a team go over a season without a passing TD?

    I mean, honestly, that just baffles me. I mean I won't lie, it's almost impressive that they can manage to make it to playoffs considering that fact. But seriously...that's a long time without

    The streak continues!!
    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I mean, honestly, that just baffles me. I mean I won't lie, it's almost impressive that they can manage to make it to playoffs considering that fact. But seriously...that's a long time without

    The streak continues!!
    I thought it was without a TD to a wide-out. Baffles me too.
    sigpic

    Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Canmore View Post
      I thought it was without a TD to a wide-out. Baffles me too.
      You could be correct, but still...That's insane!

      Hopefully this will end all the silly talk of KC being the best team in the division.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        You could be correct, but still...That's insane!

        Hopefully this will end all the silly talk of KC being the best team in the division.
        Yes. I don't see how that is possible with their win loss record. Does't add up.
        sigpic

        Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Canmore View Post
          Yes. I don't see how that is possible with their win loss record. Does't add up.
          It is no TD's from WR's, they've had them from RB and TE's but the WR's haven't caught a ball since 2013...crazy stuff.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            It is no TD's from WR's, they've had them from RB and TE's but the WR's haven't caught a ball since 2013...crazy stuff.
            Correct and at first it was believed because they got rid of their best receivers and had their next best guy hurt last year. Then they bring in Maclin and that was supposed to change everything. Truth is they dont have a solid 1 2 punch at WR and havent for a while, they get heavily covered in the redzone and their TE and RB are elite. They scheme around this and many plays are designed to get the TE and RB open, they even have a lot of 3 TE sets which is extremely rare in the NFL
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

            Comment


            • #7
              I watched that stat closely last season. Makes sence if you think about it. Most of their O runs right thru Charles, if J.Charles go, then the chiefs go. Soon as they fall behind, or Charles has a bad game, or their D isnt up to par, their toast.

              A Team that relies on running the ball, and playing stout D, doesnt need to throw the ball 600 times a season for 55 TD passes. ( as if smith could even DREAM of accomplishing something as great as 55 TD's in a season anyways )
              But they might need to start working on something towards that if they ever wanna division crown
              :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

              Comment


              • #8
                When you think about it, even bad teams have a garbage time TD or two. I KNOW.

                Alex Smith is a good QB but I think he holds the Chiefs back from taking it to the next level.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  You could be correct, but still...That's insane!

                  Hopefully this will end all the silly talk of KC being the best team in the division.
                  Im not sure what people were thinking on that one to begin with. You never heard any of that from me for sure. We have a U-Haul full of problems in K.C. But, with that being said, the no td passes to a wide out doesn't even crack the top 20, at least not to me. I dont care who scores the td, just as long as somebody does. QB, coaching, o-line, Flemming etc... are the reasons nobody should take this team seriously.

                  We have enough talent to get a W here and there, but division crown? Some of these experts must be privy to film or inside info or something I haven't seen

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by brianfrommissou View Post
                    Im not sure what people were thinking on that one to begin with. You never heard any of that from me for sure. We have a U-Haul full of problems in K.C. But, with that being said, the no td passes to a wide out doesn't even crack the top 20, at least not to me. I dont care who scores the td, just as long as somebody does. QB, coaching, o-line, Flemming etc... are the reasons nobody should take this team seriously.

                    We have enough talent to get a W here and there, but division crown? Some of these experts must be privy to film or inside info or something I haven't seen
                    To KCs credit, they damn near validated speculation that they'd dethrone Denver. Denver will certainly have to work to stay nmbr 1.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The stat being that extreme is a bit unusual imo, however it isn't too hard to believe. The Chiefs are more of a running team, and they have a great receiving TE. It is only talking about TDs to WRs, so there could still be passing TDs to TEs or RBs. I think that Kelce had 2 or 3 vs the Texans.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
                        To KCs credit, they damn near validated speculation that they'd dethrone Denver. Denver will certainly have to work to stay nmbr 1.
                        I thought SD had the best chance to dethrone the Broncos. I didn't think the Chiefs would because of their struggles beating the Broncos in particular.

                        Having a difficult time beating the Broncos has probably been the biggest road block for the Chiefs. Assuming all other games go the same, then in

                        2013-If they beat the Broncos in one of the games, they are 12-3 going into the Chargers game, with a strong chance of winning it if they don't rest their starters, being 13-3 and being the 1 seed.
                        2014-If they beat the Broncos in one of the games, they are 10-6, and I believe due to conference record they'd have had the tiebreaker over the Ravens and made the playoffs.

                        It's similar to the Packers and the Bears. If the Bears didn't struggle so much with beating the Packers, they could have probably had a lot more success over the years. In 2010 they lost the NFCC game to them, and in 2012 if they beat them in one of their games they go 11-5, which the Packers also would have been. I'm not sure if they then win the division, but I believe that would mean they'd have at least made the playoffs. They also lost the NFC North Title Game to the Packers in 2013(granted, if not for a Rodgers injury it may have not come down to that, but even so, it was a chance for CHI to win the division and they were at home)

                        When a division rival has a strong edge on you, that can be a HUGE road block to overcome, particularly if that team is a good team. If a division rival sweeps you, it is very hard to overcome because they have the tiebreaker, and they gave you 2 losses. You have to do at least 3 games better in the remaining 14 than them to possibly win the division, and if it's a good team your dealing with that can be very hard.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                          When you think about it, even bad teams have a garbage time TD or two. I KNOW.

                          Alex Smith is a good QB but I think he holds the Chiefs back from taking it to the next level.
                          I think things might be different this year. I expect them to push the ball down the field more this year with Maclin in the lineup.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This STAT is just as unthinkable as Tim Tebow's 2 completion game to beat the Chiefs a few years back while he was here LOL!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                              When you think about it, even bad teams have a garbage time TD or two. I KNOW.

                              Alex Smith is a good QB but I think he holds the Chiefs back from taking it to the next level.
                              You mean like Mr Peyton can't stop going one-and-done?

                              Hahahahahahaha

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X