X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by SDERA View Post
    15 minutes of football have been played today....

Dunlap carted off
    Liuget carted off
    Hairston, Ladarius Green, and Stevie Johnson all on the sideline with injuries.

5 injuries, 15 minutes. Who else does this happen to?

Update: 2 minutes later, Chris Watt leaves the game. 6 injuries, 17 minutes. I ask again, who else does this happen to?
    You guys had the same training staff the whole time?Seems year after year you guys have issues

Leave a comment:

• SDERA
    replied
    15 minutes of football have been played today....

Dunlap carted off
    Liuget carted off
    Hairston, Ladarius Green, and Stevie Johnson all on the sideline with injuries.

5 injuries, 15 minutes. Who else does this happen to?

Update: 2 minutes later, Chris Watt leaves the game. 6 injuries, 17 minutes. I ask again, who else does this happen to?

Leave a comment:

• SDERA
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    not true at all though, unless you judge his entire performance based on one pass, which is just dumb.
    When you have a franchise QB, you don't end 8 consecutive drives like that. Especially against the Steelers poor secondary.

This entire thing is broken.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Dude Baph just choked and spit Rivers out when he read that ...
    not true at all though, unless you judge his entire performance based on one pass, which is just dumb.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Stunk was probably too harsh in regards to Rivers alone, but after the opening TD here are how our next 8 drives ended...

Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Pick 6
    Punt
    Missed FG (from 60 yards)
    Fumble
    Punt

And we were only down 17-3 at that point. It's a game we not only could have but SHOULD have won by 3 TDs.

And what's worse is I don't think our O-line is really that bad. We have probably the worst starting center in the NFL in Chris Watt, but other than that it's a solid group; and with a talented horse like Melvin Gordon there is really no excuse not be able to convert in short yardage. Then you get Gates back, Allen is healthy, Woodhead is back, Rivers himself is healthy....the problem (IMHO) is Mike McCoy.

And look no further than his incompetent management of Melvin Gordon, "punishing him" for his fumbles and saying his injury kept him out of practice all week....and then out of nowhere plugging him in during the 3rd quarter of the Raider game where he promptly ripped one off for 20 yards.

I'm concerned that we have too much talent to allow us to finish 3-13 or 4-12, which is what we need. A well timed firing could turn this around a little after the bye, but only enough to screw our draft pick.
    rivers was actually quite good in that game aside from that pick 6 that clearly changed everything in that game. IMO rivers' only truly bad game where you can say the stunk was against the raiders.

but you are right, it don't matter when your entire team is underachieving and yes it does seem like a coaching problem at this point.

Leave a comment:

• SDERA
    replied
    I think the Chargers will beat the Packers in Lambeau this week, earning the praise and respect of everyone.

Then they will get demoralized by the Raiders next week, and lose it all.
    Boooom...nearly on point.

We didn't beat the Packers but got close, actually had some fans believing again that we can hang with the good teams. And then the Raider game happened.

Leave a comment:

• SDERA
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Stunk was probably too harsh in regards to Rivers alone, but after the opening TD here are how our next 8 drives ended...

Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Pick 6
    Punt
    Missed FG (from 60 yards)
    Fumble
    Punt

And we were only down 17-3 at that point. It's a game we not only could have but SHOULD have won by 3 TDs.

And what's worse is I don't think our O-line is really that bad. We have probably the worst starting center in the NFL in Chris Watt, but other than that it's a solid group; and with a talented horse like Melvin Gordon there is really no excuse not be able to convert in short yardage. Then you get Gates back, Allen is healthy, Woodhead is back, Rivers himself is healthy....the problem (IMHO) is Mike McCoy.

And look no further than his incompetent management of Melvin Gordon, "punishing him" for his fumbles and saying his injury kept him out of practice all week....and then out of nowhere plugging him in during the 3rd quarter of the Raider game where he promptly ripped one off for 20 yards.

I'm concerned that we have too much talent to allow us to finish 3-13 or 4-12, which is what we need. A well timed firing could turn this around a little after the bye, but only enough to screw our draft pick.
    Last edited by SDERA; 10-31-2015, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    And against the Packers he had success the entire game.
    And against the Steelers he stunk.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I really don't care. I'm just hoping we don't go on some stupid late season run and ruin our much needed high draft pick. We're way overdue to land a Von Miller/Khalil Mack type player; and I wouldn't cry if the entire front office and coaching staff was cleaned out as well.

But if we're talking about Rivers prolific production, lets talk about how he now has more children than the Chargers have punt return yards this season (8 to 6).
    Damn! face palm

Leave a comment:

• SDERA
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    I didnt say it to hurt your feelings...but to make a point to bap that mccoy didnt hamstring rivers for 45 min...then when theres no hope his game plan will work simply throw his hands up and let rivers play how he wants

He only had success against a prevent defense when the game was basically over...period
    And against the Packers he had success the entire game.
    And against the Steelers he stunk.

Like I said it really doesn't matter. This entire roster is underachieving, except maybe Verrett that dude is fierce. From Flowers and Weddle to Allen and Dunlap...we're being completely outclassed physically and schematically right now on both sides of the ball. If Rivers wants to throw a few bad passes so we can get to 4-12 that's fine with me, this entire year is looking like a throwaway.

This is the worst we've looked since 2003, maybe 2001, but what really ticks me off is we have enough talent on paper that we shouldn't be this bad. King Dunlap is not a bad player, yet he looks like a lost child out there. Brandon Flowers just earned a big contract extension....and now he looks like Shareece Wright. I just don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    I really don't care. I'm just hoping we don't go on some stupid late season run and ruin
    our much needed high draft pick. We're way overdue to land a Von Miller/Khalil Mack type player; and I wouldn't cry if the entire front office and coaching staff was cleaned out as well.

But if we're talking about Rivers prolific production, lets talk about how he now has more children than the Chargers have punt return yards this season (8 to 6).
    I didnt say it to hurt your feelings...but to make a point to bap that mccoy didnt hamstring rivers for 45 min...then when theres no hope his game plan will work simply throw his hands up and let rivers play how he wants

He only had success against a prevent defense when the game was basically over...period

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    It's a better problem to have instead of
    outright sucking, if I had to take the lesser of those two evils.
    Its certainly a better problem than outright sucking...

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    welcome to the world of jack del rios "hopefully the clock runs out before they catch up, soft prevent defense"

im sure your gonna love it for years to come
    It's a better problem to have instead of outright sucking, if I had to take the lesser of those two evils.

Leave a comment:

• SDERA
    replied
    im pretty sure that's called playing a prevent defense

the score was 37 -6 at the start of the 4th qrter...the raider had a 31 point lead,

rivers could only manage 2 fgs in 3 full qrts of play

he had a mere 105 passing yards in the 1st half...

rivers threw 8 passes in the 3rd..6 incompletes 2 for 18 yards

123 total passing yards for 3 full quarters of play

17-30, 123 yards, 0tds, 2ints

and suddenly

rivers erupts in the 4th qrter with 213 passing yards and 3 tds....and you can only attribute it to

rivers was unleashed

pssst hey buddy...FYI

its called the raiders playing a soft prevent defense with a 31 point lead

not rivers being unleashed

and yes the raider did let them
    I really don't care. I'm just hoping we don't go on some stupid late season run and ruin our much needed high draft pick. We're way overdue to land a Von Miller/Khalil Mack type player; and I wouldn't cry if the entire front office and coaching staff was cleaned out as well.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    im not talking about come back wins, i'm talking about coming back even in the losing efforts. you act like this was just an isolated thing and the raiders let them come back.

well it happens every single game, that's all i'm saying. oh and yes i did watch the game and no the raiders offense didn't take their foot off the gas, they were still trying to throw the ball even though they were trying to run it too naturally.

oh and again, the chargers let the broncos come back in the Monday night win, according to your logic.

im pretty sure that's called playing a prevent defense

the score was 37 -6 at the start of the 4th qrter...the raider had a 31 point lead,

rivers could only manage 2 fgs in 3 full qrts of play

he had a mere 105 passing yards in the 1st half...

rivers threw 8 passes in the 3rd..6 incompletes 2 for 18 yards

123 total passing yards for 3 full quarters of play

17-30, 123 yards, 0tds, 2ints

and suddenly

rivers erupts in the 4th qrter with 213 passing yards and 3 tds....and you can only attribute it to

rivers was unleashed

pssst hey buddy...FYI

its called the raiders playing a soft prevent defense with a 31 point lead

not rivers being unleashed

and yes the raider did let them
    Last edited by arapaho; 10-28-2015, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X