• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Where do I begin?
    BOSA: You say I call him a bust in my first post? I said he may have a good career but will need to put up numbers like Von, Taylor etc. Why? Because a #3 overall pick has to be a HOF type talent to live up to that selection. Justin Smith was a great player, but I doubt he makes the HOF. This doesn't make him a bust, and wont make Bosa a bust, my whole point is he in my opinion was not the 3rd best player in this years draft, lie, spin it however you want but that was my take:
    THIS IS THE POST BAPHS SAYS I STATE BOSA WILL BE A BUST

Hope that helps. Here's a news flash for you Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe were both game changers last year but still wouldn't be considered top overall draft talents off of one season.

so why did you say "yep!" in your response to the question if he will be a bust? i'm not spinning anything, i know exactly what happened as i already said......you thought he would be an OLB, you tried to run your mouth and it back fired on you.

yeah i am well aware of how clueless the media has been about how the chargers intend to use bosa, i have seen some other very informative article by scouts that claim he fits a 3-4 as a 5 tech the best due to the fact he doesn't have the elite speed coming off the edge but still posses everything you want in a versatile lineman except for being a little under-sized.

so....all that said. i will give you the chance to change your opinion or not if you choose. do you still feel he will be a bust? meaning just a good player or worse, rarely having an impact on games.

because if you actually think he needs to have a lot of sacks and put up Lawrence Taylor numbers as a defensive lineman in order to not be considered a bust, then you really need a reality check.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    You gotta understand Baphs isn't saying Verrett is better its just looks and reads that way. Next he will call you EMO and a homer! Only Baphs Knows football we are all EMO homer Bronco fans
    nah, stackhouser is literally the only poster here actually debating with me. at least he hasn't thrown in the towel like so many others like you and beagle for example

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I did read the article..... Does it matter that he plays inside and out? He's still a better option currently than Verrett. I again would bet the majority of D coordinators would agree....
    well that depends on who he is covering. why is he in the slot so much? he couldn't be covering the opposing teams 1's and 2's as much when working so much in the slot.

not only that but it also helps him get better grades in the running game by working in the slot due to opertunity. so yeah, it can make a difference and i think that is why he made that list.

nevermind harris, there are some pretty dang good corners on that list under verrett that play outside more.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    You gotta understand Baphs isn't saying Verrett is better its just looks and reads that
    way. Next he will call you EMO and a homer! Only Baphs Knows football we are all EMO homer Bronco fans
    He doesn't care that verret took less coverage snaps than Roby or harris...or that alot of a team's best wrs line up in the slot....he thinks the #1 wr just always is outside

He doesn't care that his harris/v errett vrs Brown was a big Ben vrs Vick

It's like his fantasy stat metrics were proving Melvin was a top 10 pass rusher....based off one criteria...pressures per snap

And ignored, sacks, hits, tackles, tfl, f2f

Nope all that he needed was pps

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I have not seen Paxton Lynch even play, but you can make up another thread claiming I called him a HOF cause that is your style of smack, and ok as long as your the one spinning some ones opinion. This isn't even spinning anything its just you lying..
    Typical for the poster

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    I did read the article..... Does it matter that he plays inside and out? He's still a better option currently than Verrett. I again would bet the majority of D coordinators would agree....
    You gotta understand Baphs isn't saying Verrett is better its just looks and reads that way. Next he will call you EMO and a homer! Only Baphs Knows football we are all EMO homer Bronco fans

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    it's me acting like you, yes it's dumb i am glad you can see that now. no its not spinning when you completely make stuff up like you do constantly, its exactly the same thing.

all anybody has to do is click this topic, read my OP, then read the very first reply which is you agreeing lol

now you are trying to backpedal and pretend you didn't mean to say that when in reality you were straight up clueless and thought the chargers were going to plug him in at OLB after looking at his 40 time at the combine.

the problem is you don't take what i say for face value, you read into it too much and that's why you always claim i'm saying something i never did....this is 100% a you problem.

when i say pff had him ranked higher last year that's just a fact, that doesn't automatically mean i think verrett is a better corner than harris and i never said that it did. that is why i reiterate that i don't think that, to try and combat all the words you and others put in my mouth but it still doesn't work.

this is just simply a case of a donk fan like beagle hating on verrett, bagging about how many corners are ahead of him on the NFL.com top 100

sorry, i had to set him and all of you straight on that one.

absolutely, without a doubt....it's trolling to say otherwise. you are comparing a back up quality QB to a pro bowl QB, its just retarded. it's like me saying stan humpheries is better than elway.

you think you would have gotten dirty sanchez for that cheap if he was worth a fart? if he does good it will be because he can can game manage with an effective running game and not make mistakes and let the defense take over games.

that's your only hope with sanchez.

yeah, and i demolished your jaded opinion last summer. you base your opinion solely off of the fact that TD helped your team win rings so he's your guy.

basically saying you are a homer and not even attempting to have an objective discussion about it.

you didn't even know what the hell you were talking about when you made that opinion

you said he needs to put up Lawrence Taylor or Von Miller type numbers (ingram did that last year didn't he? )

here is a news flash for you.....bosa can have single digit sacks and still be a game changer because of what position he is playing and here is a hint....it's not OLB.

so what do you feel he needs to do to become worth where they picked him knowing he isn't an outside rusher like you thought? i will patiently await your response but this time try and know what the hell you are talking about before you post.
    Where do I begin?
    BOSA: You say I call him a bust in my first post? I said he may have a good career but will need to put up numbers like Von, Taylor etc. Why? Because a #3 overall pick has to be a HOF type talent to live up to that selection. Justin Smith was a great player, but I doubt he makes the HOF. This doesn't make him a bust, and wont make Bosa a bust, my whole point is he in my opinion was not the 3rd best player in this years draft, lie, spin it however you want but that was my take:
    THIS IS THE POST BAPHS SAYS I STATE BOSA WILL BE A BUST
    Yep! He don't look like #3 pick talent. He may have a good career but good players are not top ten draft picks. You need All Pro game changers at that spot.
    He went #3 overall so 1 double digit sack season in four years like Ingram is going to label him a bust.

He will need to start day 1 and for at least 4 seasons before we make a bust/Great Pick decision.

He will need to average double digit sacks over that time not almost sacks.

At #3 he needs to put up Von Miller, Lawrence Taylor, Simeon Rice kind of production.

You wanna use my name this is my criteria for a pass rusher taken #3 overall, you've been warned. He becomes a game changer I will eat crow.
    Hope that helps. Here's a news flash for you Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe were both game changers last year but still wouldn't be considered top overall draft talents off of one season.

Terrell Davis: I never said LT sucked, he deserves to be in the HOF, but I told you I would take TD because he didn't choke in the playoffs like LT. You got all EMO and tried to pick opinion apart by calling me a homer etc. but the stats don't lie, and TD came through when it mattered most.

You are right I was wrong as far as where Bosa is playing, I think he is to small for DE in a 3-4, he needs to be in a 4-3 scheme, save your reasoning on why you think he is a good fit cause I don't care, and until we see him out in the trenches we wont know. Derek Wolfe and Watt are the proto types for this position both guys were close to 300 lbs coming out of college Bosa is trying to beef up and will lose his quickness which is why he was effective in college. He wont be faster or stronger in the Pro's and I see him getting beat up inside.

I wonder how I ever would have got the impression that Bosa would play OLB in a 3-4?

NFL DRAFT PROFILE FROM NFL.COM
    6'5"
    Height

33 3/8"
    Arm Length

269LBS.
    Weight

10 1/4"
    Hands

Overview

Bosa plans to follow in the footsteps of his father and uncle as NFL first-round picks; John Bosa was picked 16th overall by Miami in 1987 coming out of Boston College, while Eric Kumerow was picked in the same spot, again by the Dolphins, the following year. Joey Bosa's own potential as an elite prospect has been clear since arriving in Columbus, as he made his way into the starting lineup 10 times as a true freshman (13.5 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks) to earn honorable mention All-Big Ten honors. As a sophomore, he captured unanimous All-American honors, the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year award (led the conference with 21 tackles for loss, 13.5 sacks) and was named a finalist for three national awards as the nation’s top defender: the Lombardi Award, Outland Trophy, and Ted Hendricks Award. His junior year got off to a slow start, however, as he was suspended for the opener for violating team rules. Statistically, his 2015 season was not as impressive as the year before (16 tackles for loss, five sacks) but Big Ten coaches still named him the conference’s Defensive Lineman of the Year because of his rare combination of strength against the run and consistent presence in the backfield.

Pro Day Results
    40-yard dash: 4.77 seconds
    Vertical: 31 1/2 inches
    Broad jump: 10 feet, 1 inch
    Bench: 28 reps of 225 pounds

Analysis

Strengths Has an NFL-*ready frame. Good muscular definition and flexibility to go along with a confident, competitive attitude. Solid upfield burst off the snap. Has booming power in his hands. Uses arm extension and forward lean as his primary weapon. Generates speed-*to-*power bullrush and plays off of that with a punch and pull technique that pulls tackles off-*balance. Focuses pass rush attack on outside shoulder of tackle using forward lean and aggressive hand play. Active hands can completely wipe out a tackle’s weak outside hand allowing him to cave-*in the edge. Usually gets hands on defender first. Able to stack and slide along line of scrimmage in pursuit of ball*-carrier. Strong core and able to rag* doll tight ends who aren’t committed to the fight. Adequate closing burst to the ball. Looks fluid and nimble when dropping into space. Has the talent and traits to be used more aggressively than he was at Ohio State. Grew as a run defender this season. Has forced five fumbles over the last two years. Football is in his blood with a father who was drafted by Dolphins in first round of 1987 draft and an uncle who played at Ohio State in the mid*-80s. Motor will never be a problem.

Weaknesses Too contact-*oriented in his rush and needs to learn to leverage himself around the edge. Forward lean can cause him to go flying when defenders give him a shove. Tape shows surprising lack of play strength when he’s attacked on his edge. Struggles to fight back when being washed down by down blocks. Will end up on the ground more times than expected during game. Instincts a work in progress. Can be slow to process what he sees and can be frozen by zone-*read looks. Not much bang behind his pads as a tackler. Big runners squeeze out additional yards after contact against him. Will vacate his run fit with constant attempts to get over the top of block rather than reading and reacting to both gaps. Not as twitchy and sudden as expected. Feet are a little heavy and it takes just a second to accelerate up to speed after quick direction changes. More attention by offenses brought much fewer sacks. Flagged for offsides 10 times over last two years and 14 penalties total.

Draft Projection Round 1

Sources Tell Us "I think all that hype headed into the year hurt him some because he's not a superman off the edge. But he's a good player. He's athletic with good hands and every pass rusher starts to add to what they do in the pros. If he dedicates himself to the game, he's going to be one of the safest guys in the draft." -- NFC director of personnel

NFL Comparison Ryan Kerrigan

Bottom Line Body beautiful college end who has the talent and upside to play with a hand down or standing in the pros. Bosa might not have the pure edge speed to be an elite pass rusher, but his hand usage and ability to generate push as a bull-rusher should make him a very good 4-3 base end or a 3-*4 outside linebacker. Bosa has a few more flaws than some may be willing to admit and his upside might be good rather than great, but his traits and growth potential as a player make him a safe selection. Bosa might be at his best with a defensive coordinator willing to move him around the field.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 06-16-2016, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stackhouser
    replied
    did you read the article? it's because chris harris plays a lot inside.

verrett plays almost exclusively on the outside. plus it is over the last two years.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    I have not seen Paxton Lynch even play, but you can make up another thread claiming I called him a HOF cause that is your style of smack, and ok as long as your the one spinning some ones opinion. This isn't even spinning anything its just you lying.
    it's me acting like you, yes it's dumb i am glad you can see that now. no its not spinning when you completely make stuff up like you do constantly, its exactly the same thing.

The difference between us Baphs is I come out and question Joey Bosa as the 3rd overall pick you spin that into I said he is a bust, and according to you that is good smack and fair.
    all anybody has to do is click this topic, read my OP, then read the very first reply which is you agreeing lol

now you are trying to backpedal and pretend you didn't mean to say that when in reality you were straight up clueless and thought the chargers were going to plug him in at OLB after looking at his 40 time at the combine.

You on the other hand will spend hours defending a thread called Ingram better than Von Miller or bring up Jason Verrett PFF grades and then back pedal that you don't think either player is better than one of ours, its confusing. Have the courage to stick to what you believe, it really is black and white, let me show you how.
    I think Jason Verrett and Ingram are both talented players, I don't think they are better than Harris or Von or Ware and Talib.
    the problem is you don't take what i say for face value, you read into it too much and that's why you always claim i'm saying something i never did....this is 100% a you problem.

when i say pff had him ranked higher last year that's just a fact, that doesn't automatically mean i think verrett is a better corner than harris and i never said that it did. that is why i reiterate that i don't think that, to try and combat all the words you and others put in my mouth but it still doesn't work.

this is just simply a case of a donk fan like beagle hating on verrett, bagging about how many corners are ahead of him on the NFL.com top 100

sorry, i had to set him and all of you straight on that one.

Philip Rivers is a better Qb than Mark Sanchez.
    absolutely, without a doubt....it's trolling to say otherwise. you are comparing a back up quality QB to a pro bowl QB, its just retarded. it's like me saying stan humpheries is better than elway.

you think you would have gotten dirty sanchez for that cheap if he was worth a fart? if he does good it will be because he can can game manage with an effective running game and not make mistakes and let the defense take over games.

that's your only hope with sanchez.

Ladanian Tomlinson was a better running back than Terrell Davis, If I had to choose a career I would choose TD's because he won a league MVP, a Superbowl MVP, and two ring over a short period of time. LT is a HOF back but me personally would rather be great in the post season than the regular season (same reason I would take Elway, Montanna, and Brady over Peyton or Marino).
    yeah, and i demolished your jaded opinion last summer. you base your opinion solely off of the fact that TD helped your team win rings so he's your guy.

basically saying you are a homer and not even attempting to have an objective discussion about it.

See how I am clear on my opinion? Just because I think one player is better doesn't mean the other guy sucks. And with Bosa all I ever questioned was where he was taken, and that I don't think he is one of the 10 best players in this draft. You can bring up all the draft guru's but remember those guys also had Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Vernon Gholston, Curtis Enis, Tim Couch, and many more rated high in past drafts.
    Step up your game Baphs your better than you've been lately and I would back off John Elway if I were you the guy does a good job as a GM, and the best thing he does is he has hired good people he trusts.

you didn't even know what the hell you were talking about when you made that opinion

you said he needs to put up Lawrence Taylor or Von Miller type numbers (ingram did that last year didn't he? )

here is a news flash for you.....bosa can have single digit sacks and still be a game changer because of what position he is playing and here is a hint....it's not OLB.

so what do you feel he needs to do to become worth where they picked him knowing he isn't an outside rusher like you thought? i will patiently await your response but this time try and know what the hell you are talking about before you post.
    Last edited by baphamet; 06-16-2016, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Here ya go!!!!!
    did you read the article? it's because chris harris plays a lot inside.

A cornerback needed at least 400 coverage snaps on the outside rather than in the slot over the last two years to qualify for this particular table.
    verrett plays almost exclusively on the outside. plus it is over the last two years.
    Last edited by baphamet; 06-16-2016, 12:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Put could be might and want in your right hand and poop in your left one see which one fills up He might get top 10 but right now he aint.

Most people with actual experience Take Roby over him all day..More versatile better size plays the run as well as the pass. Ike Taylor 12 year CB for the Steelers
    that? that is your comeback?

most people with experience? you mean like the NFL.com top 100 list? or pro bowl voting?

i don't know anyone that has said they would specifically take roby over verrett and roby benefits from being on a great defense. also, better at what? because there wasn't anyone better than verrett in terms of coverage last year according to player grades at PFF.

but ike taylor said so, so it must be true? LMAO!!

roby has better size sure, plays the run better? he didn't have a great score last year on a great defense. obviously verrett doesn't need the size advantage in the passing game if hes sticking to his guy like glue and making plays.

if the chargers run defense improves, which is very likely it will, his run defense grades will improve as well IMO.

the bottom line is, when it comes to cover corners, verrett is as good as i could have ever hoped so far. his issues are with injury, as was explained in the article.

but don't worry, we can revisit this again during the season so i can make fun of you some more for trying to hate on verrett.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    Bapsmack coming back to bite
    Nah he just acted like nothing happened as usual

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    but back to jason verrett, this one is for you beagle since you seem to think opinions are more credivle than grades...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...b-next-season/

Put could be might and want in your right hand and poop in your left one see which one fills up He might get top 10 but right now he aint.

Most people with actual experience Take Roby over him all day..More versatile better size plays the run as well as the pass. Ike Taylor 12 year CB for the Steelers
    Bradley Roby would be a starting cornerback for most NFL teams. But the Broncos are not your typical defense.

This D was far and away the best in the league last year and arguably one of the best units of all-time. Their passing defense was exceptional, allowing a league-low 199.6 passing yards per game. Roby played behind two Pro Bowlers in Chris Harris and Aqib Talib, but he saw plenty of action on nickel and dime packages.

NFL Network analyst and long-time Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor named Roby the third-most valuable defensive back in the NFL. That might seem odd, but Taylor explained this list focused on rising stars, not established stars, i.e Darrelle Revis, Richard Sherman, Talib, etc.

The two-time Super Bowl champion had high praise for Denver's third cornerback.

"I think he's the unsung hero. If you ask a lot of people who played for the Denver Broncos offense and defense, they say this guy is the truth. This guy can play inside, he can play outside," Taylor said. "He's very talented, he can play off, he can press.

"I think the first two corners in Harris Jr. and Talib, them guys get a lot of notoriety, but this guy right here man, he doesn't mind hitting. He's all over the ball, he's a ball hawk."
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-16-2016, 10:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    but back to jason verrett, this one is for you beagle since you seem to

I WONDER WHY THE CB WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF COVERAGE SNAPS SCORED HIGHER ON THAT PARTICULAR GRAPH

lmao

Leave a comment:

• Stackhouser
    replied
    This is interesting!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Harris Jr. of the Denver Broncos stands clear atop the rankings with a hugely impressive 0.57 YPCS score. He had to work hard for it, being targeted 89 times in total – only Aqib Talib was targeted more often (95 times) and also made the Top 15, making it even more remarkable. Harris was also moved about, spending 40% of his snaps covering the slot, however his YPCS performance inside (0.57) matched precisely his performance on the outside (0.57). Harris allowed just 7.7 yards per catch, the best mark among starting corners, and completed the season with a positive coverage grade in every game. It was a remarkable year by any measure and earned him fourth place in our Dwight Stephenson Award list, marking him out as one of the very best in football last season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/sig...s-cornerbacks/

Rank Name Team Coverage snaps Yards NFL QB Rating Yards/Cover Snap
    1 Chris Harris Jr. DEN 623 356 47.8 0.57
    2 Richard Sherman SEA 552 422 48.4 0.76
    3 Josh Norman CAR 379 291 53.2 0.77
    4 Demetrius McCray JAX 432 339 81.0 0.78
    5 Corey Graham BUF 408 344 57.0 0.84
    6 Vontae Davis IND 479 405 38.8 0.85
    7 Rashean Mathis DET 643 555 85.2 0.86
    8 Darrelle Revis NE 606 557 72.6 0.92
    9 Xavier Rhodes MIN 560 526 75.7 0.94
    10 Chris Culliver SF 491 468 66.5 0.95