If only the Chargers had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    i told everyone you would never win a ring with peyton manning, thanks for making me look good.
    Manning's still here, so we still have a chance to win a ring with him. But go ahead and run your mouth. Don't let me stop you.

Comment

I think the Chargers will beat the Packers in Lambeau this week, earning the praise and respect of everyone.

Then they will get demoralized by the Raiders next week, and lose it all.

Comment

Originally posted by SDERA View Post
        I think the Chargers will beat the Packers in Lambeau this week, earning the praise and respect of everyone.

Well we agree on the second part
        Originally posted by baphamet
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          Verrett had the blessing of playing a good wr with a qb afraid to throw it...and unaccurate...

Ingram in nothing special.... run of the mill
          You're a fool if you think Jason Verrett isn't one of the best CBs in the game today. Did you watch the game? Did you see him mirroring arguably the fastest WR in the NFL? Regardless of Vick's inability to throw the ball, Brown simply wasn't open all night.

The only time he got away from Verrett was on that defacto pick block where the WR incidentally (and quite conveniently) ran right into him, giving Brown the half step he needed to get open on the crossing route.

Man or zone, there isn't a WR in this league Verrett can't handle, and I bet you he shuts out Randall Cobb as well. It's Brandon Flowers that's become the problem.

Comment

If these both happen (and I don't think they will, especially the first part) Mike McCoy should be fired on the spot. The hallmark of a bad to mediocre coach is one who has his team play to the same level as their opponents. Good coaches can get their teams fired up to play teams that are better than them as well as keeping their teams heads in it so they can go beat lesser teams.

Look at Jeff Fisher, he's hailed as a great coach and everyone talks about what a genius he is because his team plays good teams tough. However the Jeff Fisher team is almost always 8-8 and very undisciplined, and they lose most games that they shouldn't. He might be the most overrated coach in NFL history.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              If these both happen (and I don't think they will, especially the first part) Mike McCoy should be fired on the spot. The hallmark of a bad to mediocre coach is one who has his team play to the same level as their opponents. Good coaches can get their teams fired up to play teams that are better than them as well as keeping their teams heads in it so they can go beat lesser teams.

Look at Jeff Fisher, he's hailed as a great coach and everyone talks about what a genius he is because his team plays good teams tough. However the Jeff Fisher team is almost always 8-8 and very undisciplined, and they lose most games that they shouldn't. He might be the most overrated coach in NFL history.
              I agree. I think we are one of the worst coached teams in the league.

Every week its the same game plan, the same 4 plays...(screen to Woodhead, draw to Gordon, short cross to Allen....and I can't even think of a 4th)... the same 3 plays. You can literally watch defenses adjust to our formations knowing what comes next, and if Gordon is in the game formation doesn't matter because 9/10 times we're running a draw up the middle.

We've had injuries on the O-line but the answer is not to get stupid simple, it's to get more creative so you can try to mitigate the lack of physical skill. Run play action, run counter, max protect and move the pocket so guys like Chris Watt (who are weak at the POA) don't just get lifted into the pocket and tossed like a 90 pound cheerleader right into Rivers.

I realize a lot of fans complain about their OC when things aren't going well, but it's on another level when my wife can guess run/pass roughly 75% of the time. All the guesswork is gone, it's like 2012 Norv all over again.

Comment

I like Rivers as a top 5 QB but it seems every year he is playing behind a bottom 5 OL.

On D the chargers have some talent but never seem to have any pass rushers the O has to respect or double. Ingram not working out has hurt them

Comment

I think the Chargers will beat the Packers in
                  Lambeau this week, earning the praise and respect of everyone.

Lol...try the packers are going to smoke the weak chargers defense and the #2 ranked packer defense will demoralize rivers

Then they will choke another lead and lose to the raiders
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

You're a fool if you think Jason Verrett isn't one of the best CBs in the game today. Did you watch the game? Did you see him mirroring arguably the fastest WR in the NFL? Regardless of Vick's inability to throw the ball, Brown simply wasn't open all night.

The only time he got away from Verrett was on that defacto pick block where the WR incidentally (and quite conveniently) ran right into him, giving Brown the half step he needed to get open on the crossing route.

Man or zone, there isn't a WR in this league Verrett can't handle, and I bet you he shuts out Randall Cobb as well. It's Brandon Flowers that's become the problem.
                    You're a fool of you think Jason Verrett is one of the best CBs in the NFL because he had a good game. Things like that are determined by time,health and consistency he has 10 games under his belt. Lets see if he can a stay healthy and B play well week to week vs all types of WRs not just fast ones but Physical ones like Marshal and DT and after teams have tape on him. He like a few of your other draft picks lately has a history of injuries dating back to college.

He played Brown well but then again he had Michael Vick throwing to him and yes he missed him several times wide open in the third quarter even the announcers were talking about it.

The kid has skills and tons of potential but a few games in to declare him one of the best CBs in the league?

Marcus Petters of the chiefs impressed the heck out of me when we played..he was all over DT and or Sanders 2 totally different Wrs
                    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                      Lol...try the packers are going to smoke the weak chargers defense and the #2 ranked packer defense will demoralize rivers

Then they will choke another lead and lose to the raiders
                      Hmmm...I can see you took what I said seriously, which tells me it's probably too much of an inside joke for this forum.

Historically we have a knack for winning big games in the middle of the year that nobody expects us too (Denver, Seattle, Indy, Cincy, Pittsburgh etc...) and then following it up soon thereafter with our worst loss of the year. I don't actually expect us to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        You're a fool of you think Jason Verrett is one of the best CBs in the NFL because he had a good game. Things like that are determined by time,health and consistency he has 10 games under his belt. Lets see if he can a stay healthy and B play well week to week vs all types of WRs not just fast ones but Physical ones like Marshal and DT and after teams have tape on him. He like a few of your other draft picks lately has a history of injuries dating back to college.

He played Brown well but then again he had Michael Vick throwing to him and yes he missed him several times wide open in the third quarter even the announcers were talking about it.

The kid has skills and tons of potential but a few games in to declare him one of the best CBs in the league?

Marcus Petters of the chiefs impressed the heck out of me when we played..he was all over DT and or Sanders 2 totally different Wrs
                        Now here is what is very interesting, pay close attention.

Marcus Peters has 2 picks and 8 passed defended, that's great. But he's also allowing a QB rating of 110 in passes thrown his direction, and has allowed a league worst 6 TDs in his coverage...that is through just 5 games. His big plays are ones of opportunity, teams know they can pick on him.

Jason Verrett has only allowed 1 TD in his career thus far (to E.Sanders in week 8 last year), and has covered guys like Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd, and now Antonio Brown. I believe he also covered Demaryius a couple times last year but was never targeted. His season did end on IR last year, but through 14 games Verrett is allowing a completions under 50%, and a passer rating of around 75.

If he's got one issue it's that he's dropping interceptions, it would certainly help his rating and national recognition from fans such as yourself if he'd haul one or two in. But other than that I can make an easy case for him being a top 10 cover corner right now.
                        Last edited by SDERA; 10-17-2015, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Thats funny. Every fan has had this thought at one time or another. I love it.

Comment

Lol
                            Sounds about right.

Comment

Now here is what is very interesting, pay close attention.

Marcus Peters has 2 picks and 8 passed defended, that's great. But he's also allowing a QB rating of 110 in passes thrown his direction, and has allowed a league worst 6 TDs in his coverage...that is through just 5 games. His big plays are ones of opportunity, teams know they can pick on him.

Jason Verrett has only allowed 1 TD in his career thus far (to E.Sanders in week 8 last year), and has covered guys like Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd, and now Antonio Brown. I believe he also covered Demaryius a couple times last year but was never targeted. His season did end on IR last year, but through 14 games Verrett is allowing a completions under 50%, and a passer rating of around 75.

If he's got one issue it's that he's dropping interceptions, it would certainly help his rating and national recognition from fans such as yourself if he'd haul one or two in. But other than that I can make an easy case for him being a top 10 cover corner right now.
                              We have back ups that compare to him.Roby and Webster Webster being the one that compares the best because they are virtually the same guy and they both have injury history. PFF has them both ranked higher than Varett who is currently ranked 52nd best .Roby has played more snaps than Varret also

Comment

Now here is what is very interesting, pay clo
                                se attention.

You should start a

Verrette >>>>talib\harris thread
                                sigpic
                                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                                X