If only the Chargers had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SDERA View Post
    I agree. I think we are one of the worst coached teams in the league.

Every week its the same game plan, the same 4 plays...(screen to Woodhead, draw to Gordon, short cross to Allen....and I can't even think of a 4th)... the same 3 plays. You can literally watch defenses adjust to our formations knowing what comes next, and if Gordon is in the game formation doesn't matter because 9/10 times we're running a draw up the middle.

We've had injuries on the O-line but the answer is not to get stupid simple, it's to get more creative so you can try to mitigate the lack of physical skill. Run play action, run counter, max protect and move the pocket so guys like Chris Watt (who are weak at the POA) don't just get lifted into the pocket and tossed like a 90 pound cheerleader right into Rivers.

I realize a lot of fans complain about their OC when things aren't going well, but it's on another level when my wife can guess run/pass roughly 75% of the time. All the guesswork is gone, it's like 2012 Norv all over again.
    Welcome to the conservative predictable world of mike mccoy

Cant say we didnt warn you...but we did
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      We have back ups that compare to him.Roby and Webster Webster being the one that compares the best because they are virtually the same guy and they both have injury history. PFF has them both ranked higher than Varett who is currently ranked 52nd best .Roby has played more snaps than Varret also
      Roby is working out well for you guys, but he's not lining up against your opponents #1 or even #2 receiver that often yet. It's the difference between drawing AJ Green and Mohammed Sanu. We don't have a Talib or a Harris, so it's Verrett following the #1 across the field.

We also don't have Denver or KCs pass rush, regardless of the dumb Ingram>Miller thread, just something to consider.

I don't really care much about where PFF ranks Verrett right now. I respect their ranking system as mostly accurate, but matchups matter. When Verrett gets plowed by LT Andrew Whitworth I'm not sure he deserves a -1 in run defense for not being able to get around him. Or when he gets pick blocked and allows a 30+ yard reception to Antonio Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by SDERA View Post
        Roby is working out well for you guys, but he's not lining up against your opponents #1 or even #2 receiver that often yet. It's the difference between drawing AJ Green and Mohammed Sanu. We don't have a Talib or a Harris, so it's Verrett following the #1 across the field.

We also don't have Denver or KCs pass rush, regardless of the dumb Ingram>Miller thread, just something to consider.

I don't really care much about where PFF ranks Verrett right now. I respect their ranking system as mostly accurate, but matchups matter. When Verrett gets plowed by LT Andrew Whitworth I'm not sure he deserves a -1 in run defense for not being able to get around him. Or when he gets pick blocked and allows a 30+ yard reception to Antonio Brown.
        I can agree with all of that..
        Originally posted by baphamet
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Starks just burned SD for a 65 yard TD run lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
            Starks just burned SD for a 65 yard TD run lol.
            yeah my fantasy team...I started both GB Backs today..lol lets just say i have faith in the suck that is The Chuggers
            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Anyone watching this Charger game right now, watch Verrett mirror Cobb. Rogers really isn't even bothering to throw his way.

Really one of the few bright spots on this roster right now.

Comment

SD is playing... good? WTF?

Comment

The Broncos need to respect the Chargers. Yes, they are down three games to us but, the Chargers schedule gets easier when the Broncos is heading for pure brutal... They play us twice yet. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that the Chargers could be in this for the division right to the end.

They are looking good against GB right now. IF Chargers pull out a win today, that is bad news for Denver. First, Chargers look good and will have beaten a very good team.. Second, you never want to play a great team after a loss, GB won't lose to both the Chargers and the Broncos in back to back games.. It just won't happen.
                  My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Comment

This is the same SD team who lost to Michael Vick last week (who might I ad had 6 yards today in 3 quarters before he **GASP** got hurt)?

Comment

SD is playing... good? WTF?
                      Charger are always a team that plays up/down to their opponents. I wouldn't be surprise if they beat GB, then next week get blown out by the Raiders.

They could be one of the top teams in the league one day, and the next, the worst team. Consistency is what keeps them from being consider one of the NFL's Elites.
                      Last edited by Chronoless; 10-18-2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

34 seconds left, San Diego driving to look to tie it. I thought I'd post this now because whether they tie it is inconsequential to my point here. Credit to both the Chargers and Phillip Rivers today, they're playing well and probably deserve to win this game and Rivers is having an excellent game. I'm very upfront with my opinion on him, but this game certainly takes some steam out of my arguments. He's playing great.

Credit to both team and QB for this effort.

Comment

And Rivers chokes hard!!!! 500 passing yards and he loses. How pathetic is that?

Comment

And Rivers chokes hard!!!!
                            Yup, had a wide open pass, and wanted to pad Gates' numbers I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                              Yup, had a wide open pass, and wanted to pad Gates' numbers I guess.
                              Rogers did literally the same exact thing the drive before, didn't see a wide open receiver that Stuckey (our 2nd string FS only in because now Weddle is hurt) left uncovered.

And mind you we were down 3 starting offensive linemen, Stevie Johnson, and now Keenan Allen who was on pace for a history making day.

If Rivers were playing like Peyton Manning, the Chargers would be 0-6, that is a guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
                                The Broncos need to respect the Chargers. Yes, they are down three games to us but, the Chargers schedule gets easier when the Broncos is heading for pure brutal... They play us twice yet. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that the Chargers could be in this for the division right to the end.

They are looking good against GB right now. IF Chargers pull out a win today, that is bad news for Denver. First, Chargers look good and will have beaten a very good team.. Second, you never want to play a great team after a loss, GB won't lose to both the Chargers and the Broncos in back to back games.. It just won't happen.
                                4 games down 4 games after 6...lol But youre right they do have the easier schedule and we haven't corrected anything on offense. After the bye week I might share your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X