• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    If he aint big enough explain Harris
    #1 would be the defense he is on.

#2 5'10 199 lbs is still bigger than verrett. besides, i'm not trying to say that is the only reason why he isnt as good against the run.

i don't care if he isn't as good against the run as some other corners as long as he continues to play at such a high level when covering receivers.

also, correct me if i'm wrong but didn't the broncos use harris a lot in the slot? that would help him grade better in the running game due to putting him in a better position to make a play on the ball carrier by being closer.

verrett is always lined up on the outside against the other teams best receiver, at least i can't recall seeing him in the slot.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
    You're talking to rubber, dude. Baph always leaves himself an out, so its pointless even talking to him. Ive literally been giving him crap about it for years lol
    is that right? then how come i ate pure crow last year when your team won the SB? didn't have an out then did i? sorry if you think it's unacceptable for me to call someone out for totally making stuff up about what i say constantly.

that's not a me problem.

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    I wonder why I don't pay more attention to your posts?.......Oh that's right because you never stick to a take, this thread for example you come out making it look like Von doesn't want to be Bronco and then immediately back track and say " I don't literally think he doesn't want to be a bronco"
    That is why I literally don't care what you write in one post. Because I know there is another post somewhere saying different to cover you .......I think that is what we call a coward.
    Oh and hey said that's what they call a coward. I never called you a coward ....literally. See I'm learning your skills

And you! You Better hope Von holds out! I don't worry about stuff like that. If Von holds out Shane Ray and Shaq Barret will have to step up, if Talib misses games Roby and Webster will step up. See John Elway the GM you laugh at, he has loaded this team with talent now and for the future, that's what great GM'S do, and why he didn't overpay for guys like Brock and Malik.
    You're talking to rubber, dude. Baph always leaves himself an out, so its pointless even talking to him. Ive literally been giving him crap about it for years lol

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    rofl what was the knock on verrett coming out of college? that he was not big enough to play the position?

verrett is turning into one of the better cover corners in the league, its okay that he isnt great against the run (he is undersized, it's a fact) and like i said if it wasn't for that the grades wouldn't be close.

but then again you are looking at fake made up grades so.....

also the NFL.com top 100 is no different than pro bowl voting. i trust unbiased individual grades in real time over a biased vote well after the season is over that has a lot to do with how good your team is.

i can only imagine how dominant verrett will be on a top 5 defense with the best pass rush in football. not too many receivers would stand a chance.
    If he aint big enough explain Harris

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    I wonder why I don't pay more attention to your posts?.......Oh that's right because you never stick to a take, this thread for example you come out making it look like Avon doesn't want to be Bronco and back track and say " I don't literally think he doesn't want to be a bronco"
    And I literally don't care.
    no man, the problem is i was making a joke about what elway said and it went right over your head. i was referring to what elway said about his philosophy when talking about brock leaving for the money.

ive been talking crap about that elway quote ever since he said that gem, thats on you if you didn't get the sarcasm.

And you! You Better hope Von holds out! I don't worry about stuff like that. If holds out Shane Ray and Shaq Barret will have to step up, if Talib misses games Roby and Webster will step up. See John Elway the GM you laugh at, he has loaded this team with talent now and for the future, that's what great GM'S do, and why he didn't overpay for guys like Brock and Malik.
    and miller?

you guys wonder why i say elway is over-rated? i say again, if von miller is allowed to hold out it will be hilarious and 100% on elway, especially if the broncos struggle to win games. fact is the broncos were not a dominating force last year even though they won the SB.

this year they have clearly taken a step back, even if von doesn't hold out that holds true. you can think you are just fine no matter who you lose, but that simply isn't reality.

all smack aside no i don't want him to hold out, that kind of crap sucks for the fans and is bad for the game.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    if only you actually read my posts and not just pull crap out of your ass.

ive said multiple times i don't think verrett is better than harris, not yet at least. i think he is turning into an elite cover corner but he isnt there yet, he also needs to stay healthy.

yeah you can argue Denver has the best group of corners, then again they have had the best group of pass rushers as well.

better hope von threatening to hold out is 100% posturing because without him and without a legit QB, how good do you think the broncos will be this year?
    I wonder why I don't pay more attention to your posts?.......Oh that's right because you never stick to a take, this thread for example you come out making it look like Von doesn't want to be Bronco and then immediately back track and say " I don't literally think he doesn't want to be a bronco"
    That is why I literally don't care what you write in one post. Because I know there is another post somewhere saying different to cover you .......I think that is what we call a coward.
    Oh and hey said that's what they call a coward. I never called you a coward ....literally. See I'm learning your skills

And you! You Better hope Von holds out! I don't worry about stuff like that. If Von holds out Shane Ray and Shaq Barret will have to step up, if Talib misses games Roby and Webster will step up. See John Elway the GM you laugh at, he has loaded this team with talent now and for the future, that's what great GM'S do, and why he didn't overpay for guys like Brock and Malik.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 06-12-2016, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    ......drafted Buckner and Jack instead of 2 backups. I swear that franchise is love with mediocrity.

SD has a couple solid young guys with bright futures in the secondary, plus Ingram and CL are both very good players.......then suddenly DERP double draft DERP.

Buckner and Jack will likely compete for ROY while Bozo and Henry compete for snaps.
    this is desperation smack if i have ever seen it. you are either talking out of your ass or trolling.

bosa a back up? that might be the dumbest post of all time. if you believe that then your team just traded up for a back up developmental QB in the first round, congrats? bosa is NFL ready and you probably have absolutely no idea how the chargers even intend to use him.

both bosa and Henry were the consensus best player of the draft at their positions. i know it's difficult for you to understand but the chargers drafted henry to be their future at TE, considering gates is 36 years old and likely done after this season or next at the very latest.

i wouldn't be surprised at all to see henry get more snaps than gates this year, in fact i bet he does.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Canmore View Post
    And what would that be?
    i'm not sure what the question is, what are the grades?

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    If only we had a corner as good as Verrett, instead were stuck with the NFL's best secondary and the Lombardi.
    if only you actually read my posts and not just pull crap out of your ass.

ive said multiple times i don't think verrett is better than harris, not yet at least. i think he is turning into an elite cover corner but he isnt there yet, he also needs to stay healthy.

yeah you can argue Denver has the best group of corners, then again they have had the best group of pass rushers as well.

better hope von threatening to hold out is 100% posturing because without him and without a legit QB, how good do you think the broncos will be this year?

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    ......drafted Buckner and Jack instead of 2 backups. I swear that franchise is love with mediocrity.

SD has a couple solid young guys with bright futures in the secondary, plus Ingram and CL are both very good players.......then suddenly DERP double draft DERP.

Buckner and Jack will likely compete for ROY while Bozo and Henry compete for snaps.

Leave a comment:

• Canmore
    replied
    rofl what was the knock on verrett coming out of college? that he was not big enough to play the position?

verrett is turning into one of the better cover corners in the league, its okay that he isnt great against the run (he is undersized, it's a fact) and like i said if it wasn't for that the grades wouldn't be close.

also the NFL.com top 100 is no different than pro bowl voting. i trust unbiased individual grades in real time over a biased vote well after the season is over that has a lot to do with how good your team is.

i can only imagine how dominant verrett will be on a top 5 defense with the best pass rush in football. not too many receivers would stand a chance.
    And what would that be?

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

If only we had a corner as good as Verrett, instead were stuck with the NFL's best secondary and the Lombardi.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Now Verrett is just smaller than Harris? lol Seems to me they are Both 5'10 199lbs and 188lbs. Maybe your boy needs to hit the weight room.. He is better at missing games for sure. I never said Verrett was garbage thats your silly pride in the Chuggers talking. I said i like Marcus Peters better mid season last year.You got all butt hurt:thumb: well one defensive rookie of the year and the top 100 later I know i'm right.You still waiting on Verrett to show up? No that doesnt mean on the IR

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Now Verrett is just smaller than Harris? lol Seems to me they are Both 5'10 199lbs and 188lbs. Maybe your boy needs to hit the weight room.. He is better at missing games for sure. I never said Verrett was garbage thats your silly pride in the Chuggers talking. I said i like Marcus Peters better mid season last year.You got all butt hurt:thumb: well one defensive rookie of the year and the top 100 later I know i'm right.You still waiting on Verrett to show up? No that doesnt mean on the IR
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-11-2016, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    But that fact doesn't fit his cherry picking narrative...
    was just an example

i'm sure you don't consider stackhousers other post to be cherry picking at all, but then again he is saying what you like. lol

say what you want about average yards per catch (cherry picked stats) the fact of the matter is, if harris wasn't bigger than verrett and better against the run game, the grades wouldn't have be close last year.

i will never argue that verrett is a compete corner, he is a cover corner but too small to be overly useful in the running game. at least thats how it appears so far to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X