If only the Chargers had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SDERA View Post
    Rogers did literally the same exact thing the drive before, didn't see a wide open receiver that Stuckey (our 2nd string FS only in because now Weddle is hurt) left uncovered.

And mind you we were down 3 starting offensive linemen, Stevie Johnson, and now Keenan Allen who was on pace for a history making day.

If Rivers were playing like Peyton Manning, the Chargers would be 0-6, that is a guarantee.
    If River was playing like Manning he would be undefeated...like Manning! You do realize that Manning while having issues is still responsible for giving us 4 of our leads in 6 victories?

QBs get credit the wins and losses thats what everyone tells us when we lose a playoff game and Manning gets called a choker...even when he has a taken a lead with 15 seconds left and the saftey blows it completely on a hail marry Manning choked...so afraid no matter how bad he plays he is still 6-0 and better than Rivers...

And it wasn't the same exact thing Rogers was running away from his open wr Rivers was looking right at 2 receivers one double covered one standing by himself..derp Rivers "I throw to double coveraged guy"...best part is the last play of the game was the same exact play...only he wasnt open this time but Rivers did throw it
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-18-2015, 05:46 PM.
    Originally posted by baphamet
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

The pass Gates caught on that last drive across the middle..HOFer right there!
      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        The pass Gates caught on that last drive across the middle..HOFer right there!
        That throw literally hit his open hand at waste level in running motion. It was the sickest pass of the entire day.

Comment

If River was playing like Manning he would be undefeated...like Manning! You do realize that Manning while having issues is still responsible for giving us 4 of our leads in 6 victories?

QBs get credit the wins and losses thats what everyone tells us when we lose a playoff game and Manning gets called a choker...even when he has a taken a lead with 15 seconds left and the saftey blows it completely on a hail marry Manning choked...so afraid no matter how bad he plays he is still 6-0 and better than Rivers...

And it wasn't the same exact thing Rogers was running away from his open wr Rivers was looking right at 2 receivers one double covered one standing by himself..derp Rivers "I throw to double coveraged guy"...best part is the last play of the game was the same exact play...only he wasnt open this time but Rivers did throw it
          Interesting theory.

Question: If Rivers is playing at Manning level, where does he get his weekly defensive TD? Does he have to go on the field to strip the ball from Jamaal Charles himself, or is that something he's allowed to delegate?

Trust me, Rivers is barely keeping this team afloat every week with 5 INTs to his name, if he had to double that number to catch up to Manning we'd never win. We just don't have that kind of defense, and we definitely don't have Wade Phillips running it.
          Last edited by SDERA; 10-18-2015, 06:35 PM.

Comment

That throw literally hit his open hand at waste level in running motion. It was the sickest pass of the entire day.
            That might be the best catch that wasnt lucky I have ever seen . it was below the hips

Comment

Interesting theory.

Question: If Rivers is playing at Manning level, where does he get his weekly defensive TD? Does he have to go on the field to strip the ball from Jamaal Charles himself, or is that something he's allowed to delegate?

Trust me, Rivers is barely keeping this team afloat every week with 5 INTs to his name, if he had to double that number to catch up to Manning we'd never win. We just don't have that kind of defense, and we definitely don't have Wade Phillips running it.
              So you dont buy into the Manning is a playoff choker theory? He has played extremely well in 90% of those losses.

Comment

Rogers did literally the same exact thing
                the drive before, didn't see a wide open receiver that Stuckey (our 2nd string FS only in because now Weddle is hurt) left uncovered.

And mind you we were down 3 starting offensive linemen, Stevie Johnson, and now Keenan Allen who was on pace for a history making day.

If Rivers were playing like Peyton Manning, the Chargers would be 0-6, that is a guarantee.
                That is truth

Mannings play sucks
                sigpic
                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

So you dont buy into the Manning is a playoff choker theory? He has played extremely well in 90% of those losses.

I've come on this forum before and called Manning the best QB to ever play the game. His play in the playoffs obviously declines a bit, but that can be said for almost every QB not named Tom Brady; who to be fair probably is the best QB ever to play the game. Competition increases in the playoffs, and the whole roster has to bear it, not just one man.

I do think Manning has now finally hit that age wall where he's declining to a point where he may be more of a liability....but still better than your Alex Smiths. That velocity is just gone though, every pass seems to float, even the ones that are completed.

It's a shame that the Colts took him in 98, word was the Chargers would have taken either one (I won't say his name) regardless. How different history may have been.

Comment

I've come on this forum before and called Manning the best QB to ever play the game. His play in the playoffs obviously declines a bit, but that can be said for almost every QB not named Tom Brady; who to be fair probably is the best QB ever to play the game. Competition increases in the playoffs, and the whole roster has to bear it, not just one man.

I do think Manning has now finally hit that age wall where he's declining to a point where he may be more of a liability....but still better than your Alex Smiths. That velocity is just gone though, every pass seems to float, even the ones that are completed.

It's a shame that the Colts took him in 98, word was the Chargers would have taken either one (I won't say his name) regardless. How different history may have been.
                    Oh they dont all float..just the ones they show trying to convince the public he is finished..

Comment

Oh they dont all float..just the ones they show trying to convince the public he is finished.
                      I really doubt the first passs hes thrown instride overrides his horrible play
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                        I really doubt the first passs hes thrown instride overrides his horrible play
                        nope but the horrible run game the inability to run or pass block,dropped pass after dropped pass and being uncomfortable in a new offense doesn't help either.. I still have hope for him and the rest of the offense.

At this point Kubiak has to come to terms with whats happening. Either A. let Manning do what he does and go to the hurry up shotgun O or B.bench him so we can use Kubiaks bootleg heavy version of the WCO..basically crap or get off the pot, There is plenty of blame to go around.I am just glad that the team seems to be keeping it together better than the fan base
                        Last edited by Beagle; 10-19-2015, 05:37 AM.

Comment

nope but the horrible run game the inability to run or pass block,dropped pass after
                          dropped pass and being uncomfortable in a new offense doesn't help either.. I still have hope for him and the rest of the offense.

At this point Kubiak has to come to terms with whats happening. Either A. let Manning do what he does and go to the hurry up shotgun O or B.bench him so we can use Kubiaks bootleg heavy version of the WCO..basically crap or get off the pot, There is plenty of blame to go around.I am just glad that the team seems to be keeping it together better than the fan base
                          Horrible oline?....dude he has only been sacked once since week 4...he had 130+ rush yards yesterday...no sacks and threw three horrible ints....5 ints vrs 1 td in he past two games

That is not sustainable....you gotta wake up and realize....how much he has degraded in a yr....this whole team is covering for manning...we are winning despite him...not from any thing he has done
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                            Horrible oline?....dude he has only been sacked once since week 4...he had 130+ rush yards yesterday...no sacks and threw three horrible ints....5 ints vrs 1 td in he past two games

That is not sustainable....you gotta wake up and realize....how much he has degraded in a yr....this whole team is covering for manning...we are winning despite him...not from any thing he has done
                            You think what you will..but remember you said it.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1 thats us at 30th rushing offense in the league

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1 thats us at 18th passing team in the league all while being handcuffed.. we have 2 weeks to crap or get off the pot...if we come back out of the bye trying to force this O down mannings throat then we wont win the division..if we come out with Bropck running it maybe..if we come out letting Manning do what he does we will win it going away. and I will remember I said that for sure
                            Last edited by Beagle; 10-19-2015, 10:45 AM.

Comment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

the underlined is why you should never ever be taken serious

manning is straight up done and you know it, being totally and completely carried by the defense.....everyone on the entire planet knows this.

who has more TD's? manning or the Denver defense? at this point i'm not entirely sure. meanwhile, you are smacking rivers for absolutely putting his team on his back and dominating? against a top 3 defense on the road no less.

by the way, rivers was threading the needle all day long throwing into double coverage while dominating, i don't really see your point? other than to expose your football ignorance as usual of course!
                              sigpic

Comment

nope but the horrible run game the inability to run or pass block,dropped pass after dropped pass and being uncomfortable in a new offense doesn't help either.. I still have hope for him and the rest of the offense.

of course you do! being the homer that you are, you will continue to be blindly optimistic until he retires or wears a different uniform while smacking a QB that is playing far and away better than him.

too bad rivers cant be carried by such a great defense, except he wouldn't be carried of course.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X