X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I think Verrett is an extreme talent.... Better than Harris?? He's still got a bit of ground to cover to reach that no matter what Defense he's on. Harris has been up there for a couple years on not the greatest defenses before the 2014 season... He could be up there. Though, I do hate to argue over who is the best because you can't really dictate that with schemes and as you said, the pass rush personnel.
    i agree 100%

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    http://dailysnark.com/san-diego-repl...nship-drought/

Haha...Man that makes me laugh. San Diego is the new Cleveland!
    pretty soon they will likely just have the padres left as their only major professional sports team and i have even less faith they will win a championship than i do the chargers.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    http://dailysnark.com/san-diego-repl...nship-drought/

Haha...Man that makes me laugh. San Diego is the new Cleveland!

Leave a comment:

• Stackhouser
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    it's because haris' pff grade dropped in the playoffs. as i mentioned before, season pff grades ignore amount of games played, level of competition, and snaps for example.

even though the added snaps and games could have meant better grades as well.

the end of season grades, as in the grades you see if you go and look right now has harris ranked 9th and verrett ranked 6th. it helps to keep in mind that i'm not saying verrett is better than harris at this point, just that he had a better pff grade overall last year.

why is that relevant? because beagle was posting NFL.com's top 100 list to try and brag that so many other corners are ahead of him so i posted the pff grades to add some perspective.

i do think he can potentially be better than harris or some of the other top corners though, especially if the rest of the chargers defense gets their crap together. harris plays on a great defense who benefits from the best pass rush in football.

verrett, not so much.
    I think Verrett is an extreme talent.... Better than Harris?? He's still got a bit of ground to cover to reach that no matter what Defense he's on. Harris has been up there for a couple years on not the greatest defenses before the 2014 season... He could be up there. Though, I do hate to argue over who is the best because you can't really dictate that with schemes and as you said, the pass rush personnel.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Just found this article..... From Jan. 2016....

"Denver Broncos Chris Harris is NFL's No. 3 best cornerback per PFF"

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016...rback-per-pff/
    it's because haris' pff grade dropped in the playoffs. as i mentioned before, season pff grades ignore amount of games played, level of competition, and snaps for example.

even though the added snaps and games could have meant better grades as well.

the end of season grades, as in the grades you see if you go and look right now has harris ranked 9th and verrett ranked 6th. it helps to keep in mind that i'm not saying verrett is better than harris at this point, just that he had a better pff grade overall last year.

why is that relevant? because beagle was posting NFL.com's top 100 list to try and brag that so many other corners are ahead of him so i posted the pff grades to add some perspective.

i do think he can potentially be better than harris or some of the other top corners though, especially if the rest of the chargers defense gets their crap together. harris plays on a great defense who benefits from the best pass rush in football.

verrett, not so much.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    When I was looking up the slot receivers this morning I saw a stat line that shows he plays 60% outside and 40% slot. Not sure where it was but I'll keep looking for it. Now, that doesn't show that he doesn't play outside less than inside.
    yeah i don't know how much he does, that post i made was not meant to trash on haris because he doesn't play outside. it was mainly to give beagle the bird because he is always posting these pff opinion articles to support his opinions.

you will have to ask the writer of the article exactly why he chose to use that criteria but like i said i think it's because guys that don't play outside as much tend to not face the same level of competition as guys who exclusively play outside on a week to week basis.

you also have to consider that verrett has missed like 12 games the last two years and still qualified with enough snaps on the outside. i still don't think verrett is at elite status yet but if he stays healthy i think he is moving in that direction.

health is the main issue, just like with many chargers players these days.

Leave a comment:

• Stackhouser
    replied
    Just found this article..... From Jan. 2016....

"Denver Broncos Chris Harris is NFL's No. 3 best cornerback per PFF"

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016...rback-per-pff/

Leave a comment:

• Stackhouser
    replied
    i know he still covers good receivers as i witnessed him get torched by brown last year during most of that game

in this day and age with the spread and with offenses trying to create mismatches, more and more top guys are lining up in the slot. but i'm just saying if he is playing mainly in the slot he is not going to see the same level of competition on average as a corner that mainly plays outside on a week to week basis, it's just a fact.

as far as your list goes, only two of those guys earned top 10 grades according to pff last season. so yeah, i am not saying he is just covering scrubs all day but how can he always be on the 1's and 2's if he doesn't play outside that much?
    When I was looking up the slot receivers this morning I saw a stat line that shows he plays 60% outside and 40% slot. Not sure where it was but I'll keep looking for it. Now, that doesn't show that he doesn't play outside less than inside.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    so again, knowing what you know now do you still think he is not going to live up to where they drafted him? my team is 4-12 until further notice, yeah i gotta get my smack in now, things haven't been this good since last off season
    No I don't think he is worth the #3 overall pick I believe there will be players who were drafted after him who have better careers. But one thing you know I at least have the courage to make a clear argument and stick by it right or wrong, something you fail to do!
    Let me make it clear to you again!
    58MILLER ( THATS ME) DOES NOT BELIEVE JOEY BOSA IS THE 3RD BEST PLAYER IN THE 2016 NFL DRAFT!!!!!!!!
    Can I make that any clearer for you?

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    I didn't say you can't talk smack about it, have at it! I don't blame you, you ain't got nothing on our team so clinging to a scrap like " you thought he would play Olb in the nfl because every draft profile had him playing Olb in a 3-4" doesn't bother me and I have the courage to admit I was wrong on that one, will see if Bosa lives up to the #3 pick.
    so again, knowing what you know now do you still think he is not going to live up to where they drafted him? my team is 4-12 until further notice, yeah i gotta get my smack in now, things haven't been this good since last off season

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    that's no excuse, i have been wrong about things in the past that was a popular opinion and i turned out wrong, like with manning being done after sitting out that season with his neck issues for example.

yet i got smacked for it just like you will too for being wrong. but that is why i gave you the chance to gather your thoughts and tell me a new opinion based on more accurate information.

now all you have to come up with is since he is playing DE in a 3-4 it will be hard for him to make the PB because broncos players didn't? lol that isn't going to cut it bro.

it's not just about the PB anyways, bosa isn't going to make the PB every year even if he does dominate overall. nobody is going to tell you wolfe didn't play great last season simply because he didn't make the PB.

well beagle might if we were talking about a non broncos player
    I didn't say you can't talk smack about it, have at it! I don't blame you, you ain't got nothing on our team so clinging to a scrap like " you thought he would play Olb in the nfl because every draft profile had him playing Olb in a 3-4" doesn't bother me and I have the courage to admit I was wrong on that one, will see if Bosa lives up to the #3 pick.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Yes Baphs I was wrong, so was nfl.com and PFF and many other draft gurus who all had him playing Olb in a 3-4.
    It's going to be even harder for him to make the pro bowl as a 3-4 DE, Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe dominated all season and didn't get selected.

NFL Draft Participants - NFL.com Mobile
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...osa?id=2555249
    Cowboys among best team fits for Joey Bosa | PFF
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...ect-joey-bosa/
    that's no excuse, i have been wrong about things in the past that was a popular opinion and i turned out wrong, like with manning being done after sitting out that season with his neck issues for example.

yet i got smacked for it just like you will too for being wrong. but that is why i gave you the chance to gather your thoughts and tell me a new opinion based on more accurate information.

now all you have to come up with is since he is playing DE in a 3-4 it will be hard for him to make the PB because broncos players didn't? lol that isn't going to cut it bro.

it's not just about the PB anyways, bosa isn't going to make the PB every year even if he does dominate overall. nobody is going to tell you wolfe didn't play great last season simply because he didn't make the PB.

well beagle might if we were talking about a non broncos player

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Moving over the slot just shows his versatility. You know as well as I do, he could line up outside all game but why waste his talent/versatility. The slot is normally the smaller fast receiver in the past. Now #1's will line up there as well. Lets not forget that on some teams, the slot is actually the #1 target. Welker was in his prime. Jarvis Laundry is that today. I can agree on the running support though.

Here is a list of the top 10 Slot receivers from last year. (FROM PFF)

1. Doug Baldwin, SEA
    Baldwin posts very strong stats across the board; he owns the best drop rate and second in catch rate, despite being eighth in total targets. He is currently third in slot receptions, fourth in yards, and has caught two touchdown passes. All of this equates to Baldwin having an all around great season so far.

2. Larry Fitzgerald, ARI
    Larry Fitzgerald is in the middle of a renaissance season, and part of it has to do with his extremely productive work in the slot. Fitzgerald is third in total yards from the slot, which has been fueled by his 2.44 yards per route run, the second-highest YPRR for all slot receivers.

3. Anquan Boldin, SF
    Boldin boasts high efficiency from the slot, sporting the third-highest slot target percentage, fourth-highest YPRR, and has not dropped a ball. Those numbers have translated to top-10 traditional stats as well, checking in at 10th in both slot receptions and yards from the slot.

4. Jordan Matthews, PHI
    Jordan Matthews plays a higher percentage of his snaps in the slot than any other receiver in the league. He’s first in slot targets, receptions, and yards. He’s also highly efficient from the slot, ranking first in slot target percentage and sixth in YPRR.

5. Randall Cobb, GB
    Randall Cobb might be the league’s best-known slot receiver, so it’s no surprise to see him on this list. Cobb trails only Jordan Matthews in slot targets, receptions, and yards, but he leads all receivers in touchdowns scored while lined up in the slot. That makes up for slightly less-than-stellar catch rate (11th overall) and drop rate (15th overall).

6. Eric Decker, NYJ
    Decker has been having a good season for the Jets, highlighted by his first overall YPRR out of the slot. He’s also found the endzone three times already, and owns the second highest slot target percentage. Plus, even though he missed one game and part of another, he still remains tenth in yards gained.

7. Mohamed Sanu, CIN
    Sanu posts solid metrics across the board, even in a high power offense best known for outside receivers AJ Green and Marvin Jones. Sanu is currently fifth in yards from the slot and he hasn’t dropped a pass yet. He’s eighth in YPRR and also sports a solid catch rate.

8. Jamison Crowder, WAS
    Jamison Crowder is emerging as the top target for Washington while DeSean Jackson is out. He’s seventh in both catch rate and targets from the slot, and ranks 10th in slot target percentage and 11th in both YPRR and yards from the slot, showing he’s been a solid player in all aspects.

9. Jarvis Landry, MIA
    Landry’s numbers have actually dropped off a little from his stellar rookie campaign, but he’s still been productive enough to rank in the top 10 slot receivers. He’s the fourth-most targeted slot receiver, sixth in slot target percentage, and eighth in yards from the slot. If he gets his drop rate and catch rate numbers in line with where they were last year, he should have no problem climbing this list.

10. Golden Tate, DET
    Golden Tate has still managed to produce solid numbers, despite Calvin Johnson’s massive presence in the Lions offense. Tate is third overall in targets, and he’s been able to translate those targets into enough yardage to be ranked seventh in yards from the slot.
    i know he still covers good receivers as i witnessed him get torched by brown last year during most of that game

in this day and age with the spread and with offenses trying to create mismatches, more and more top guys are lining up in the slot. but i'm just saying if he is playing mainly in the slot he is not going to see the same level of competition on average as a corner that mainly plays outside on a week to week basis, it's just a fact.

as far as your list goes, only two of those guys earned top 10 grades according to pff last season. so yeah, i am not saying he is just covering scrubs all day but how can he always be on the 1's and 2's if he doesn't play outside that much?

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    so why did you say "yep!" in your response to the question if he will be a bust? i'm not spinning anything, i know exactly what happened as i already said......you thought he would be an OLB, you tried to run your mouth and it back fired on you.

yeah i am well aware of how clueless the media has been about how the chargers intend to use bosa, i have seen some other very informative article by scouts that claim he fits a 3-4 as a 5 tech the best due to the fact he doesn't have the elite speed coming off the edge but still posses everything you want in a versatile lineman except for being a little under-sized.

so....all that said. i will give you the chance to change your opinion or not if you choose. do you still feel he will be a bust? meaning just a good player or worse, rarely having an impact on games.

because if you actually think he needs to have a lot of sacks and put up Lawrence Taylor numbers as a defensive lineman in order to not be considered a bust, then you really need a reality check.
    Yes Baphs I was wrong, so was nfl.com and PFF and many other draft gurus who all had him playing Olb in a 3-4.
    It's going to be even harder for him to make the pro bowl as a 3-4 DE, Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe dominated all season and didn't get selected.

NFL Draft Participants - NFL.com Mobile
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...osa?id=2555249
    Cowboys among best team fits for Joey Bosa | PFF
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...ect-joey-bosa/

Leave a comment:

• Stackhouser
    replied
    well that depends on who he is covering. why is he in the slot so much? he couldn't be covering the opposing teams 1's and 2's as much when working so much in the slot.

not only that but it also helps him get better grades in the running game by working in the slot due to opertunity. so yeah, it can make a difference and i think that is why he made that list.

nevermind harris, there are some pretty dang good corners on that list under verrett that play outside more.

Moving over the slot just shows his versatility. You know as well as I do, he could line up outside all game but why waste his talent/versatility. The slot is normally the smaller fast receiver in the past. Now #1's will line up there as well. Lets not forget that on some teams, the slot is actually the #1 target. Welker was in his prime. Jarvis Laundry is that today. I can agree on the running support though.

Here is a list of the top 10 Slot receivers from last year. (FROM PFF)

1. Doug Baldwin, SEA
    Baldwin posts very strong stats across the board; he owns the best drop rate and second in catch rate, despite being eighth in total targets. He is currently third in slot receptions, fourth in yards, and has caught two touchdown passes. All of this equates to Baldwin having an all around great season so far.

2. Larry Fitzgerald, ARI
    Larry Fitzgerald is in the middle of a renaissance season, and part of it has to do with his extremely productive work in the slot. Fitzgerald is third in total yards from the slot, which has been fueled by his 2.44 yards per route run, the second-highest YPRR for all slot receivers.

3. Anquan Boldin, SF
    Boldin boasts high efficiency from the slot, sporting the third-highest slot target percentage, fourth-highest YPRR, and has not dropped a ball. Those numbers have translated to top-10 traditional stats as well, checking in at 10th in both slot receptions and yards from the slot.

4. Jordan Matthews, PHI
    Jordan Matthews plays a higher percentage of his snaps in the slot than any other receiver in the league. He’s first in slot targets, receptions, and yards. He’s also highly efficient from the slot, ranking first in slot target percentage and sixth in YPRR.

5. Randall Cobb, GB
    Randall Cobb might be the league’s best-known slot receiver, so it’s no surprise to see him on this list. Cobb trails only Jordan Matthews in slot targets, receptions, and yards, but he leads all receivers in touchdowns scored while lined up in the slot. That makes up for slightly less-than-stellar catch rate (11th overall) and drop rate (15th overall).

6. Eric Decker, NYJ
    Decker has been having a good season for the Jets, highlighted by his first overall YPRR out of the slot. He’s also found the endzone three times already, and owns the second highest slot target percentage. Plus, even though he missed one game and part of another, he still remains tenth in yards gained.

7. Mohamed Sanu, CIN
    Sanu posts solid metrics across the board, even in a high power offense best known for outside receivers AJ Green and Marvin Jones. Sanu is currently fifth in yards from the slot and he hasn’t dropped a pass yet. He’s eighth in YPRR and also sports a solid catch rate.

8. Jamison Crowder, WAS
    Jamison Crowder is emerging as the top target for Washington while DeSean Jackson is out. He’s seventh in both catch rate and targets from the slot, and ranks 10th in slot target percentage and 11th in both YPRR and yards from the slot, showing he’s been a solid player in all aspects.

9. Jarvis Landry, MIA
    Landry’s numbers have actually dropped off a little from his stellar rookie campaign, but he’s still been productive enough to rank in the top 10 slot receivers. He’s the fourth-most targeted slot receiver, sixth in slot target percentage, and eighth in yards from the slot. If he gets his drop rate and catch rate numbers in line with where they were last year, he should have no problem climbing this list.

10. Golden Tate, DET
    Golden Tate has still managed to produce solid numbers, despite Calvin Johnson’s massive presence in the Lions offense. Tate is third overall in targets, and he’s been able to translate those targets into enough yardage to be ranked seventh in yards from the slot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X