New AFC-West Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AFC-West Team?

Some posts in a previous thread about the Chargers moving to LA got me thinking. If the Chargers and Raiders both move to LA, both LA teams cant be in the same division....so....one has to go over to the NFC-West. The ? is would the Raiders or Chargers go over to the NFC. I think it was Beagle (in a previous thread) who said he thought it would be the Bolts. Could it be the Raiders that go over to the NFC? How would this be determined?

Could our next matchup with the Bolts be the last time we play them for a few years?

In my opinion, if both the Raiders and Bolts go to LA...I think the Bolts would be heading over to the NFC. The Raiders have more of a rivalry history with the Chiefs and Broncos, so I think the Raiders would stay in the AFC-West. So if the Chargers go over to the NFC-West, what current NFC-West team moves to the AFC-West? Would the Seahawks come back to the AFC-West? Rams? Something tells me the Cardinals would be our new AFC-West team. Any other thoughts?
    Last edited by mct1967; 12-18-2015, 09:29 PM.

Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
    Some posts in a previous thread about the Chargers moving to LA got me thinking. If the Chargers and Raiders both move to LA, both LA teams cant be in the same division....so....one has to go over to the NFC-West. The ? is would the Raiders or Chargers go over to the NFC. I think it was Beagle (in a previous thread) who said he thought it would be the Bolts. Could it be the Raiders that go over to the NFC? How would this be determined?

In my opinion, if both the Raiders and Bolts go to LA...I think the Bolts would be heading over to the NFC. The Raiders have more of a rivalry history with the Chiefs and Broncos, so I think the Raiders would stay in the AFC-West. So if the Chargers go over to the NFC-West, what current NFC-West team moves to the AFC-West? Would the Seahawks come back to the AFC-West? Rams? Something tells me the Cardinals would be our new AFC-West team. Any other thoughts?
    the way I see it is the Rams either move to LA as the Rams OR to another city out west Las Vegas SanDiego Portland as they do not need the NFL's permission to move to one of them EXCEPT LA as that is owned by the NFL since they moved out of town.

I would love to see this scenario Oakland to St Louis, Rams to LA and the chargers share with the rams..

But I do not want the hawks back in the AFCW hate them almost as much as the raiders.

I could like the Cardinals in out division even though they are gonna be a tough team to beat down the road.

Comment

Could our next matchup with the Bolts be the last time we play them for a few years?

Logic says the Seahags they been here done that ...
      Originally posted by baphamet
      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

anyone that has been paying attention to the articles about the subject recently could tell you it looks like its almost certainty going to be the raiders and chargers moving to LA. i can elaborate why i think that in another thread but with that said i agree it should be the chargers.

agree that there is more history between the raiders, chiefs, and broncos. but i also think the seahawks should be the ones to come back over because of the history there.

if the chargers move to the NFC that's gonna suck for me pretty bad, basically football will not be the same ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
          the way I see it is the Rams either move to LA as the Rams OR to another city out west Las Vegas SanDiego Portland as they do not need the NFL's permission to move to one of them EXCEPT LA as that is owned by the NFL since they moved out of town.

I would love to see this scenario Oakland to St Louis, Rams to LA and the chargers share with the rams..

But I do not want the hawks back in the AFCW hate them almost as much as the raiders.

I could like the Cardinals in out division even though they are gonna be a tough team to beat down the road.
          i don't think any of what you suggest is even possible at this point unless they put it off until 2017 and from what i have read they want to get something done this year.

in January the owners have to make a decision on a plan that will be presented to them in a week or two from now. also from what i have read is the home market that has the best or most guaranteed stadium proposal will likely have their team blocked from moving and it looks like st. louis may have the best offer but we will see.
          Last edited by baphamet; 12-19-2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I hear it is going to be these guys!!

sigpic

Comment

It seems strange to not allow them to stay in the same division just because they are in the same city to me.

If teams do swap though, it would be kind of interesting to see. I imagine it would be an NFC West team swap. The Chargers probably should go to the NFC West, and perhaps the Seahawks coming back to the AFC West.

I hope it doesn't happen though, I like the divisions as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                It seems strange to not allow them to stay in the same division just because they are in the same city to me.

If teams do swap though, it would be kind of interesting to see. I imagine it would be an NFC West team swap. The Chargers probably should go to the NFC West, and perhaps the Seahawks coming back to the AFC West.

I hope it doesn't happen though, I like the divisions as they are.
                yeah the NFL wont allow two teams in the same division to share the same stadium so unless only one team moves to LA then teams are going to have to be swapped out.

Comment

If they move the Hawks back every team in the division will have won a Superbowl... no more dead weight! lol

Does any division make that claim right now? Nope NFC east is close.The eagles are thier Chargers
                  Originally posted by baphamet
                  are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                    I hear it is going to be these guys!!

Pirates who can throw lightning bolts. That's actually pretty terrifying.

Comment

I think Seattle has too much of a rivalry with San Francisco right now. I do not see Seattle coming back to the AFC West with that rivalry.

I do however like the sound of the Arizona Cardinals coming over that would make a really strong division and it would be all Southwest teams basically the way it is now aside from Little Kc.

Cardinals
                      Broncos
                      Raidettes
                      Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        If they move the Hawks back every team in the division will have won a Superbowl... no more dead weight! lol

Does any division make that claim right now? Nope NFC east is close.The eagles are thier Chargers
                        what will past SB's do for new rivalries? that's a pretty odd way to look at it. what does the chiefs lone SB win from 1969 do for the division? how about the raiders 3 SB's or the broncos 2? absolutely nothing.

what built the rivalries are the head to head games when both teams were good knocking each other out of playoff contention and the fans hating each other....history between the two teams, not what teams have the most SB's....that's just dumb donko logic.

i can tell you are praying for this to happen in hopes i am not here harassing you in smack every day.
                        Last edited by baphamet; 12-19-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                          I think Seattle has too much of a rivalry with San Francisco right now. I do not see Seattle coming back to the AFC West with that rivalry.

I do however like the sound of the Arizona Cardinals coming over that would make a really strong division and it would be all Southwest teams basically the way it is now aside from Little Kc.

Cardinals
                          Broncos
                          Raidettes
                          Chiefs
                          SF is almost as garbage as the chargers right now. besides, how important are rivalries to making that decision anyways? if there is one that makes more sense from a financial perspective you can be damn sure that will be the one they go with.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            SF is almost as garbage as the chargers right now. besides, how important are rivalries to making that decision anyways? if there is one that makes more sense from a financial perspective you can be damn sure that will be the one they go with.
                            Awh baph dont be mad becuz your about to be forced to leave us. Youll always have the sweet memories of broncomania! :thumb:

Comment

I'd like to see the 9ers move to the AFCW...the chance to beat my most hated team twice a year would be just too much fun - though it wouldn't happen, the 9ers past SB success guarantees they'd never be forced to move from the NFC so it would probably be the Cardinals coming in and the Chargers moving out.
                              "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                              PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                              LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Working...
                              X