Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    i won't be forced to leave lol

just wont be much point in talking smack that much anymore. as a husker fan i used to talk smack with the sooner fans all the time, now with the conference realignment that's dead too. both of my favorite rivalries are basically about to die off, even though this one is more one sided.

honestly have not liked college football as much since and i can see the same thing happening for me if this happens, probably worse because they are leaving SD too.

the football godz hate my guts!

by the way, yes i will always have fond memories of smacking you donkey homers around, i am a KMB share holder, i need to keep the sales up for kleenex.
    "by the way, yes i will always have fond memories of smacking you donkey homers around, i am a KMB share holder, i need to keep the sales up for kleenex."

Dont worry, Baph. You'll always get to come back here every few years for our game with your Chargers. And I'll bet there will be some Cards trolls we'll have to put up with. Maybe one that hangs out here as much as you have.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      No, I suspect Seattle will be right in the thick of it. I still like Carolina over everyone esle in the NFC though.
      I'm still not sold on the Panthers. I think they might get upset in the playoffs. Those guys are enjoying their success and fame a bit too much, with all of Cam's dancing, the team doing selfies after the game, the media-hype. And I heard they have a bad habit of loafing in practice, because they're over-confident. Cam doesnt have that good of completion %, they play in a weak division and I've never thought Rivera was a good HC. I may be wrong, but when I add all those things together....I smell a playoff upset in Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
        What are you saying "no" to. Are you referring to the NFCW in future years or to the playoffs this year.

I was just speaking to the NFCW championship this year, not how Seattle might do in the playoffs.

Re that, had Rawls not been lost for the season, I believe that Seattle would have easily gotten to their 3rd consecutive SB appearance. With much improved O-line play in the last five games (only 7 sacks allowed), Wilson has been playing lights out and the defense had re-gained most of the 2013 swagger.

With Rawls out and Lynch's return uncertain, I'm not as confident.
        If you guys had Lynch, I'm not sure that would've gauranteed you guys another SB. You would know more about this than I would, but its looked to me like your D doesnt like the new system and doesnt like the new D Coordinator, since Quinn left. Your defense is not as great as it used to be. However, your offense has improved. Russel's playing better. I dont know. To me, your D just doesnt impress me as much as the last two years. Dont get me wrong, you guys have some good talent on that D, but I'm not sure your defensive guys believe in their new system and its been showing on the field. Maybe your defense is still in the learning process with their new D Coordinator, you'd know that better than I would.

But with our defensive improvements and your D taking a bit of a step backwards....I wish we could do a replay of our SB from the 2013 season. I think the Broncos would give you a game and a challenge this time and might even beat ya.
        Last edited by mct1967; 12-20-2015, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
          Stan is moving his team somewhere.

The best place is to go home to LA but he needs the NFLs approval to do so as they OWN the rights to the LA market.

But he can move his team to another city. If necessary like al davis did against the NFL. Could move to Vegas. Or to Oakland if the raiders move. Portland any where that is not St. Louis.
          from what i have read that simply isn't true anymore, it was at one time though.

Article 4.3 requires prior approval by the affirmative vote of three-fourths of the member clubs before a club may transfer its franchise or playing site to a different city either within or outside its existing home territory.

Article 4.3 confirms that each club’s primary obligation
          to the League and to all other member clubs is to advance the interests of the League in its home territory.

This primary obligation includes, but is not limited to, maximizing fan
          support, including attendance, in its home territory. Article 4.3 also confirms that no club has an “entitlement” to relocate simply because it perceives an opportunity for enhanced club revenues in another location.

Indeed, League traditions disfavor relocations if a club has been well-supported and financially successful and is expected to remain so. Relocation
          pursuant to Article 4.3 may be available, however, if a club's viability in its home territory is threatened by circumstances that cannot be remedied by diligent efforts of the club working, as appropriate, in conjunction with the League Office, or if compelling League interests warrant a franchise relocation.
          http://www.leg.state.mn.us/webconten...ationRules.pdf

also no NFL team will ever play in vegas LOL you can take that one to the bank.
          Last edited by baphamet; 12-20-2015, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
            "by the way, yes i will always have fond memories of smacking you donkey homers around, i am a KMB share holder, i need to keep the sales up for kleenex."

Dont worry, Baph. You'll always get to come back here every few years for our game with your Chargers. And I'll bet there will be some Cards trolls we'll have to put up with. Maybe one that hangs out here as much as you have.
            i'm sure ill still be around these forums in some capacity (if it happens) i like it here even outside of the smack and football discussions. but yeah of course i would come back when our teams played each other.

plus i still intend to sweep all the LR fantasy football leagues

but that has me thinking, wouldn't that be something if the broncos and chargers one day played for a SB?

maybe the only way the chargers will ever get a ring since the donkos love to choke in the SB constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              In honor of the new Star Wars trilogy LA will get the:

if that happened i may have to become a vader fan!!

why would they be the coruscant vaders though? as a starwars nerd i would have to assume that the vaders wouldn't have too much of a fan base there.
              Last edited by baphamet; 12-20-2015, 08:28 AM.

Comment

If you guys had Lynch, I'm not sure that would've gauranteed you guys another SB. You would know more about this than I would, but its looked to me like your D doesnt like the new system and doesnt like the new D Coordinator, since Quinn left. Your defense is not as great as it used to be. However, your offense has improved. Russel's playing better. I dont know. To me, your D just doesnt impress me as much as the last two years. Dont get me wrong, you guys have some good talent on that D, but I'm not sure your defensive guys believe in their new system and its been showing on the field. Maybe your defense is still in the learning process with their new D Coordinator, you'd know that better than I would.

But with our defensive improvements and your D taking a bit of a step backwards....I wish we could do a replay of our SB from the 2013 season. I think the Broncos would give you a game and a challenge this time and might even beat ya.
                So you would want your 2015 defense together with your 2013 offense to play the 2013 Seahawks??? If that were the case, I'd say the the line would have been Denver minus 8. My best guess is Peyton would have still had the same day as he did in SB48 but Denver's healthy 2015 defense would have put a LOT of pressure on Wilson and Seattle's run game. It's anybody's guess on the final outcome but I believe that Seattle still wins if only due to Peyton's struggles in playoff games. Seattle 13, Denver 8.

As long as we're dreaming, how about your combination above against Seattle's 2013 defense and our 2015 offense for the past four games. That would be a helluva game, don't you think?

Re Seattle's 2015 defense, Cary Williams was a mistake. And Kam's holdout was devastating to getting the defense playing at its 2013 and 2014 level.

Getting Jeremy Lane back from the injuries he sustained during SB49 together with the improved play of Marcus Burley has the LOB close to its 2014 level of play.
                "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                  Pirates who can throw lightning bolts. That's actually pretty terrifying.
                  Combined they may actual have the talent of an NFL team.
                  Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

if this scenario happens i think itll be the chargers heading to the nfc west and the seahags will come back (though, i would bet 90 percent of seahawks fans dont know they were once in the afc west)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                      I hear it is going to be these guys!!

Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                        if this scenario happens i think itll be the chargers heading to the nfc west and the seahags will come back (though, i would bet 90 percent of seahawks fans dont know they were once in the afc west)
                        Rather than Seattle being forced to change conferences AGAIN (it's been twice already, 1977 and 2002), St, Louis should be forced to move to the AFCW.

At least that way the Chiefs and the Rams could become regional rivals given enough years.
                        "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Some posts in a previous thread about the Chargers moving to LA got me thinking. If the Chargers and Raiders both move to LA, both LA teams cant be in the same division....so....one has to go over to the NFC-West. The ? is would the Raiders or Chargers go over to the NFC. I think it was Beagle (in a previous thread) who said he thought it would be the Bolts. Could it be the Raiders that go over to the NFC? How would this be determined?

Could our next matchup with the Bolts be the last time we play them for a few years?

In my opinion, if both the Raiders and Bolts go to LA...I think the Bolts would be heading over to the NFC. The Raiders have more of a rivalry history with the Chiefs and Broncos, so I think the Raiders would stay in the AFC-West. So if the Chargers go over to the NFC-West, what current NFC-West team moves to the AFC-West? Would the Seahawks come back to the AFC-West? Rams? Something tells me the Cardinals would be our new AFC-West team. Any other thoughts?
                          Kind of sucks for both of them to share a stadium. 2 of your 8 home games aren't genuine home games. Sucks worse for the Chargers. The people of Oakland aren't going to convert to 49er fans, they'll driveto LA, and LA was all and still raider fans....chargers just get the handful of charger fans from s as n Diego still. One team should play near LA and the other out in the Inland Empire Like the rams used to.

Comment

Rather than Seattle being forced to change conferences AGAIN (it's been twice already, 1977 and 2002), St, Louis should be forced to move to the AFCW.

At least that way the Chiefs and the Rams could become regional rivals given enough years.
                            then rename it the AFC central division? who knows how they will handle this but IMO it makes more sense to have one Midwest team in each western division.

just remember, this is a decision that is made by all of the owners as a whole, including Seattle's.

Comment

According to Jason Lacanfora on Tuesday, it will be Arizona switching.

Comment

Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
                                Kind of sucks for both of them to share a stadium. 2 of your 8 home games aren't genuine home games. Sucks worse for the Chargers. The people of Oakland aren't going to convert to 49er fans, they'll driveto LA, and LA was all and still raider fans....chargers just get the handful of charger fans from s as n Diego still. One team should play near LA and the other out in the Inland Empire Like the rams used to.
                                oh ya, it will be a joke and the raiders have enough fans in LA, they wont need the Oakland fans who are not very loyal anyways. it wont make much of a difference to the chargers, they don't get that much support in SD either.

they will have to compete and be a good team if they want any hope of building a fan base, if they win a championship or two in LA then that's all it would take, at least temporarily.

Comment

Working...
                                X