Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New AFC-West Team?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    oh ya, it will be a joke and the raiders have enough fans in LA, they wont need the Oakland fans who are not very loyal anyways. it wont make much of a difference to the chargers, they don't get that much support in SD either.

    they will have to compete and be a good team if they want any hope of building a fan base, if they win a championship or two in LA then that's all it would take, at least temporarily.
    Based on LA sports history they just need to be good, when Anaheim won their Stanley Cup they had all sorts of "life long fans" then the Kings got good and now that building is constantly full, the Clippers are all of a sudden the team that everyone wants to watch.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      Based on LA sports history they just need to be good, when Anaheim won their Stanley Cup they had all sorts of "life long fans" then the Kings got good and now that building is constantly full, the Clippers are all of a sudden the team that everyone wants to watch.
      that is true, especially if the raiders are trash at the same time the chargers are good and vice versa.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        oh ya, it will be a joke and the raiders have enough fans in LA, they wont need the Oakland fans who are not very loyal anyways. it wont make much of a difference to the chargers, they don't get that much support in SD either.
        Yes, the Raiders have enough fans in L.A., unfortunately, though, they won't be able to attend any games unless they can get a furlough from Terminal Island Federal Correctional Institution...

        Comment


        • #49
          A new AFC team is what it may take to stop our division champ streak
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by mray View Post
            Yes, the Raiders have enough fans in L.A., unfortunately, though, they won't be able to attend any games unless they can get a furlough from Terminal Island Federal Correctional Institution...
            They seem to fill up San Diego home stadium pretty easily
            Originally posted by baphamet
            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              then rename it the AFC central division? who knows how they will handle this but IMO it makes more sense to have one Midwest team in each western division.

              just remember, this is a decision that is made by all of the owners as a whole, including Seattle's.
              I know quite a few fans of the Rams who stayed loyal even after they moved. Ive seen plenty of people wearing Raiders gear even when they are at there worst. Many of those fans consider it a part of their identity. When it comes to the Lakers or the Clippers or the Kings and Ducks its a bit different most of the people that attend those games regularly have some glitz and glammer to them and support a specific team because its the in thing, but they do have a percentage of loyal fans that are season ticket holders.

              A lot of business gets done at some of these sporting events and owning tickets to some of those events are considered status symbols especially in cities like LA or the Bay area. It probably happens that way in NY and other major cities as well. So its hard to say how the impact will be if they aren't as successful.
              Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-07-2016, 01:28 PM.
              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                I know quite a few fans of the Rams who stayed loyal even after they moved. Ive seen plenty of people wearing Raiders gear even when they are at there worst. Many of those fans consider it a part of their identity. When it comes to the Lakers or the Clippers or the Kings and Ducks its a bit different most of the people that attend those games regularly have some glitz and glammer to them and support a specific team because its the in thing, but they do have a percentage of loyal fans that are season ticket holders.

                A lot of business gets done at some of these sporting events and owning tickets to some of those events are considered status symbols especially in cities like LA or the Bay area. It probably happens that way in NY and other major cities as well. So its hard to say how the impact will be if they aren't as successful.
                Dodgers fan are always Dodgers fans. Winning or losing also
                Originally posted by baphamet
                are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  Dodgers fan are always Dodgers fans. Winning or losing also
                  True, we got a lot of them here in San Diego.
                  Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                    True, we got a lot of them here in San Diego.
                    Your new picture is awesome!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      Dodgers fan are always Dodgers fans. Winning or losing also
                      Arrive in the third inning, leave after the seventh, there to be seen.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        The Rams make the most sense to me to be back in LA as there are a lot of Rams fans in Hawaii.

                        The Charges would be a good team to experiment with the over seas expansion of the NFL. Perhaps some place like Chernobyl or Shanghai or Beirut where they would have a better fan base.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                          The Rams make the most sense to me to be back in LA as there are a lot of Rams fans in Hawaii.

                          The Charges would be a good team to experiment with the over seas expansion of the NFL. Perhaps some place like Chernobyl or Shanghai or Beirut where they would have a better fan base.
                          The Chernobyl Chargers (Чарджерс Чернобыля) does have a nice ring to it and their uniforms could glow. Throw in that their electrical bill would be almost non-existent, Spanos should like the sound of that.

                          But I've been rooting for Rosarito.

                          Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                          The Chargers should look to be the first team to become international; they should move to Rosarito, Mexico.

                          Look at a short list of benefits:

                          1) Rosarito is also a resort city as is San Diego
                          2) It is not far from their current location, just 10 miles south of the border.
                          3) It is not LA
                          4) No shared stadium
                          5) Chad Johnson, aka, Ochocinco could play where his name sort of means something.
                          6) Could theoretically build quickly (environmental impact study?! ¿Qué? No Comprendo... jajaja! )
                          7) This


                          I could totally see the Los Luchadores de Rosarito.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                            A new AFC team is what it may take to stop our division champ streak
                            Nah, you're done after this year. Enough is enough with embarrassing the AFC West in the playoffs. All of you! Enough with the one and dones, kickers afraid of uprights and playoff losses since 1993. It's time to lose with some controversy again!

                            Although I personally think this is your year to finally get it done. There's no way you can screw up the #1 seed. No way. The Pats fans won't hear of it!

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                              Nah, you're done after this year. Enough is enough with embarrassing the AFC West in the playoffs. All of you! Enough with the one and dones, kickers afraid of uprights and playoff losses since 1993. It's time to lose with some controversy again!

                              Although I personally think this is your year to finally get it done. There's no way you can screw up the #1 seed. No way. The Pats fans won't hear of it!
                              The Raiders did have that strong Super Bowl performance....

                              "Hey coach, do you think we should change our audibles that Gruden installed?"
                              "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, I don't have time for this, have you seen Barret Robbins?"

                              end scene

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                                Your new picture is awesome!
                                Don't rub it in 58fizzler.

                                i'm doing it cause the Chargers were a complete discharged joke this season.
                                Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X