New AFC-West Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The Raiders did have that strong Super Bowl performance....

"Hey coach, do you think we should change our audibles that Gruden installed?"
    "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, I don't have time for this, have you seen Barret Robbins?"

end scene
    I agree with that. See if you're going to fail, you at least fail to someone who knows you, understands you. I still can't understand how you blew the chance vs. Seattle, scoring the most points in NFL history, then a mere 8. We scored more against Gruden and they knew what was coming. What's up with that?! I guess HGH has an expiration date of 18 months or something.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
      I agree with that. See if you're going to fail, you at least fail to someone who knows you, understands you. I still can't understand how you blew the chance vs. Seattle, scoring the most points in NFL history, then a mere 8. We scored more against Gruden and they knew what was coming. What's up with that?! I guess HGH has an expiration date of 18 months or something.
      With all of those people who had been cheering for the Seahawks since the franchise started in 2012, we felt they needed it to solidify their base, so the Broncos threw the game. Look at the first play from scrimmage, that's totally what happened....

Unfortunately for the Seahawks it didn't work, Carolina got an NFL team in 2015 so all of those "die Hard" Seahawks fans have moved on to cheer for them.

Comment

With all of those people who had been cheering for the Seahawks since the franchise started in 2012, we felt they needed it to solidify their base, so the Broncos threw the game. Look at the first play from scrimmage, that's totally what happened....

Unfortunately for the Seahawks it didn't work, Carolina got an NFL team in 2015 so all of those "die Hard" Seahawks fans have moved on to cheer for them.
        At least your center snapped the ball in the Superbowl.

Wait a miniue...

Comment

you want to know what i noticed in all this? nobody seems to give a crap about the raiders

not talking about the fans but just from the vibe of all the articles i have read about the LA relocation, it seems like the raiders are most likely the team to get shafted if the Carson deal doesn't get approved.

hopefully they can just move in with the niners like the chargers might be forced to do with the rams.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            you want to know what i noticed in all this? nobody seems to give a crap about the raiders

not talking about the fans but just from the vibe of all the articles i have read about the LA relocation, it seems like the raiders are most likely the team to get shafted if the Carson deal doesn't get approved.

hopefully they can just move in with the niners like the chargers might be forced to do with the rams.
            I believe there was ironically a proposal for the Raiders and Niners to share that Eddie Bauer Stadium or whatever the hell it's named. That was proposed before it was being built, but Mark Davis didn't want to share (at least I think that was it) but now he wants to with Spanos.

In a perfect world, it will be the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Jaguars.

Comment

You saw the CBS broadcast map for the Chargers @ Broncos game last week right?

It would seem that supports your theory.

If they included prisons on the map it might look better for the Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                I believe there was ironically a proposal for the Raiders and Niners to share that Eddie Bauer Stadium or whatever the hell it's named. That was proposed before it was being built, but Mark Davis didn't want to share (at least I think that was it) but now he wants to with Spanos.

In a perfect world, it will be the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Jaguars.
                well to be fair, if the raiders share the stadium with the niners they will just be tenants but if they get the carson deal approved they will be 50/50 partners with the chargers in carson.

it's the same reason the chargers don't want to move in with the rams but i'm starting to think they may be forced to if they cant figure out what to do with the rams, if kroenke absolutely refuses to stay in st. louis and threats a lawsuit, which is the rumor.

Comment

well to be fair, if the raiders share the stadium with the niners they will just be tenants but if they get the carson deal approved they will be 50/50 partners with the chargers in carson.

it's the same reason the chargers don't want to move in with the rams but i'm starting to think they may be forced to if they cant figure out what to do with the rams, if kroenke absolutely refuses to stay in st. louis and threats a lawsuit, which is the rumor.
                  St Louis has threatened to sue if they leave. Funny thing it was the threatening of a lawsuit by the Rams that allowed them to leave LA.

The Raiders have suffered through several years of blackouts, this has caused them to have the worst local tv ratings of any team. Interestingly though NY whose media market is huge doesn't get that great of ratings locally so this belief that bigger cities matter more seems to be a joke.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...NFL-local.aspx
                  Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-08-2016, 09:14 AM.
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                    St Louis has threatened to sue if they leave. Funny thing it was the threatening of a lawsuit by the Rams that allowed them to leave LA.

The Raiders have suffered through several years of blackouts, this has caused them to have the worst local tv ratings of any team. Interestingly though NY whose media market is huge doesn't get that great of ratings locally so this belief that bigger cities matter more seems to be a joke.

correct me if i am wrong but what matters is the sheer amount of people that watch. the ratings may not be as good in LA as they are in lets say green bay for a packer game but the sheer amount of people watching is far and away more in the LA market.

Comment

correct me if i am wrong but what matters is the sheer amount of people that watch. the ratings may not be as good in LA as they are in lets say green bay for a packer game but the sheer amount of people watching is far and away more in the LA market.
                      According to that the local market in NY generates some of the lowest ratings. The majority of any ratings a team generates is from local. Generally speaking the teams they chose to broadcast nationally regardless of prime time are the teams that are good. So in this case the teams in question would be deeply impacted in their overall tv ratings

Comment

I don't believe St. Louis can sue, the Rams are at the end of their lease to the TWA/Edward Jones/Whatever it's called now Dome.

Stan Kroenke has two things: 1. Money. 2. The sheer determination to move his team no matter what. I get the feeling he'll be moving the Rams to LA regardless of the vote next week. The NFL might sue, but he'll counter with an anti-trust lawsuit, the team will play in LA for a year or two before that ever goes to trial, and at that point there's no way that team will be able to move back.

Comment

According to that the local market in NY generates some of the lowest ratings. The majority of any ratings a team generates is from local. Generally speaking the teams they chose to broadcast nationally regardless of prime time are the teams that are good. So in this case the teams in question would be deeply impacted in their overall tv ratings

Teams that are good, or in the case of Fox, the NFC East.

Comment

It can actually be more costly to operate in a mass media market and youre team gets a heavy focus it wouldn't otherwise have which makes it harder to operate sometimes.

The benefits are that supposedly players can find endorsements easier in those markets which makes it easier to attract FA. However with social media today that impact is shrinking.

Comment

I don't believe St. Louis can sue, the Rams are at the end of their lease to the TWA/Edward Jones/Whatever it's called now Dome.

Stan Kroenke has two things: 1. Money. 2. The sheer determination to move his team no matter what. I get the feeling he'll be moving the Rams to LA regardless of the vote next week. The NFL might sue, but he'll counter with an anti-trust lawsuit, the team will play in LA for a year or two before that ever goes to trial, and at that point there's no way that team will be able to move back.
                              yeah i'm getting that feeling as well. at least if the owners do not try and rectify the situation which i think they will. the fans in LA want the rams over any other team i just don't know how the other owners feel about being strong armed like kroenke is trying to do.

plus from what i have read, if kroenke doesn't get what he wants or an acceptable alternative, he has enough leverage to block the carson deal from getting approved.

so either way it seems he will have to be appeased some way or another in order to get a vote of any kind passed, same with spanos and davis though too.

they can both block each other from getting their stadium approved so there will have to be some sort of compromise no matter what.

Comment

I like the idea of the Cardinals moving to the AFCW.

If not and assuming Seattle stays put, I also like the Arians/Carroll rivalry.

Arians is a POS.
                                "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Working...
                                X