X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onanygivensunda
    replied
    Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
    Fact...your team's D is not as good as it was in the past few years. You may have that scoring D stat, but a few other Seahawks defensive stats all took a step or steps backward. You conveniently left that info out of your above post.

You wait 3 weeks to continue this discussion with me? How convenient for you.

Three weeks ago your team wasnt the #1 scoring defense. You cant wait for the stats to benefit an argument you had weeks ago, then try to bring up the debate again. No revisionist history is allowed here, buddy.

Maybe I'll go back to my Sept. posts and predict the Broncos will be the #1 seed.

A few weeks ago you didnt object to my opinions, but....NOW....that the stats favor your post above, you come back to me and try to change your viewpoint...after 3 weeks. Lame. You should've never posted what you did above after so long a time.

And considering the fact your team is lucky to even still be in the playoffs....well....I'll stop there.
    The season's not over until it is. The stats stand on their own.

Is the 2015 Seattle defense as good as the 2103 defense... no, it's not, particularly on takeaways... but is it the #1 scoring defense in the league after 16 regular season games? Yes it is.

And luck plays a role in the NFL... just does.

No apologies being offered.

Leave a comment:

• mct1967
    replied
    Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    Fact... Seattle is now the #1 scoring defense in the league for the past four (4) consecutive years... what other team has done that in the salary cap era?... none... and Seattle has done so under the leadership of three (3) different Defensive Coordinators (Bradley, Quinn and Richard).

The common denominator... Pete Carroll.
    Fact...your team's D is not as good as it was in the past few years. You may have that scoring D stat, but a few other Seahawks defensive stats all took a step or steps backward. You conveniently left that info out of your above post.

You wait 3 weeks to continue this discussion with me? How convenient for you.

Three weeks ago your team wasnt the #1 scoring defense. You cant wait for the stats to benefit an argument you had weeks ago, then try to bring up the debate again. No revisionist history is allowed here, buddy.

Maybe I'll go back to my Sept. posts and predict the Broncos will be the #1 seed.

A few weeks ago you didnt object to my opinions, but....NOW....that the stats favor your post above, you come back to me and try to change your viewpoint...after 3 weeks. Lame. You should've never posted what you did above after so long a time.

And considering the fact your team is lucky to even still be in the playoffs....well....I'll stop there.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    Fox is not about to allow Cbs to have two more teams in the 2nd biggest TV market.
    that is a good point.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    Fact... Seattle is now the #1 scoring defense in the league for the past four (4) consecutive years... what other team has done that in the salary cap era?... none... and Seattle has done so under the leadership of three (3) different Defensive Coordinators (Bradley, Quinn and Richard).

Yet they still lost twice to the Rams this year.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    It seems strange to not allow them to stay in the same division just because they are in the same city to me.

If teams do swap though, it would be kind of interesting to see. I imagine it would be an NFC West team swap. The Chargers probably should go to the NFC West, and perhaps the Seahawks coming back to the AFC West.

I hope it doesn't happen though, I like the divisions as they are.
    Fox is not about to allow Cbs to have two more teams in the 2nd biggest TV market.

Leave a comment:

• onanygivensunda
    replied
    Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
    To me, your D just doesnt impress me as much as the last two years. Dont get me wrong, you guys have some good talent on that D, but I'm not sure your defensive guys believe in their new system and its been showing on the field. Maybe your defense is still in the learning process with their new D Coordinator, you'd know that better than I would.

Leave a comment:

• onanygivensunda
    replied
    I like the idea of the Cardinals moving to the AFCW.

If not and assuming Seattle stays put, I also like the Arians/Carroll rivalry.

Arians is a POS.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I don't believe St. Louis can sue, the Rams are at the end of their lease to the TWA/Edward Jones/Whatever it's called now Dome.

Stan Kroenke has two things: 1. Money. 2. The sheer determination to move his team no matter what. I get the feeling he'll be moving the Rams to LA regardless of the vote next week. The NFL might sue, but he'll counter with an anti-trust lawsuit, the team will play in LA for a year or two before that ever goes to trial, and at that point there's no way that team will be able to move back.
    yeah i'm getting that feeling as well. at least if the owners do not try and rectify the situation which i think they will. the fans in LA want the rams over any other team i just don't know how the other owners feel about being strong armed like kroenke is trying to do.

plus from what i have read, if kroenke doesn't get what he wants or an acceptable alternative, he has enough leverage to block the carson deal from getting approved.

so either way it seems he will have to be appeased some way or another in order to get a vote of any kind passed, same with spanos and davis though too.

they can both block each other from getting their stadium approved so there will have to be some sort of compromise no matter what.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    It can actually be more costly to operate in a mass media market and youre team gets a heavy focus it wouldn't otherwise have which makes it harder to operate sometimes.

The benefits are that supposedly players can find endorsements easier in those markets which makes it easier to attract FA. However with social media today that impact is shrinking.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    According to that the local market in NY generates some of the lowest ratings. The majority of any ratings a team generates is from local. Generally speaking the teams they chose to broadcast nationally regardless of prime time are the teams that are good. So in this case the teams in question would be deeply impacted in their overall tv ratings

Teams that are good, or in the case of Fox, the NFC East.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    St Louis has threatened to sue if they leave. Funny thing it was the threatening of a lawsuit by the Rams that allowed them to leave LA.

The Raiders have suffered through several years of blackouts, this has caused them to have the worst local tv ratings of any team. Interestingly though NY whose media market is huge doesn't get that great of ratings locally so this belief that bigger cities matter more seems to be a joke.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...NFL-local.aspx
    I don't believe St. Louis can sue, the Rams are at the end of their lease to the TWA/Edward Jones/Whatever it's called now Dome.

Stan Kroenke has two things: 1. Money. 2. The sheer determination to move his team no matter what. I get the feeling he'll be moving the Rams to LA regardless of the vote next week. The NFL might sue, but he'll counter with an anti-trust lawsuit, the team will play in LA for a year or two before that ever goes to trial, and at that point there's no way that team will be able to move back.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    correct me if i am wrong but what matters is the sheer amount of people that watch. the ratings may not be as good in LA as they are in lets say green bay for a packer game but the sheer amount of people watching is far and away more in the LA market.
    According to that the local market in NY generates some of the lowest ratings. The majority of any ratings a team generates is from local. Generally speaking the teams they chose to broadcast nationally regardless of prime time are the teams that are good. So in this case the teams in question would be deeply impacted in their overall tv ratings

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    St Louis has threatened to sue if they leave. Funny thing it was the threatening of a lawsuit by the Rams that allowed them to leave LA.

The Raiders have suffered through several years of blackouts, this has caused them to have the worst local tv ratings of any team. Interestingly though NY whose media market is huge doesn't get that great of ratings locally so this belief that bigger cities matter more seems to be a joke.

correct me if i am wrong but what matters is the sheer amount of people that watch. the ratings may not be as good in LA as they are in lets say green bay for a packer game but the sheer amount of people watching is far and away more in the LA market.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    well to be fair, if the raiders share the stadium with the niners they will just be tenants but if they get the carson deal approved they will be 50/50 partners with the chargers in carson.

it's the same reason the chargers don't want to move in with the rams but i'm starting to think they may be forced to if they cant figure out what to do with the rams, if kroenke absolutely refuses to stay in st. louis and threats a lawsuit, which is the rumor.

Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-08-2016, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I believe there was ironically a proposal for the Raiders and Niners to share that Eddie Bauer Stadium or whatever the hell it's named. That was proposed before it was being built, but Mark Davis didn't want to share (at least I think that was it) but now he wants to with Spanos.

In a perfect world, it will be the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Jaguars.
    well to be fair, if the raiders share the stadium with the niners they will just be tenants but if they get the carson deal approved they will be 50/50 partners with the chargers in carson.

it's the same reason the chargers don't want to move in with the rams but i'm starting to think they may be forced to if they cant figure out what to do with the rams, if kroenke absolutely refuses to stay in st. louis and threats a lawsuit, which is the rumor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X