Wolfe > Luiget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Anyone see Roby force the fumble in the playoff game today....I am sure he and Wolfe who had a good game also will enjoy watching Verrett play the probowl....after practice
    yeah that was a good play, roby isn't a bad player, he just aint no verrett

Comment

You really are reading impared Varrett got targeted more and at a higher percentage than Roby and Varrett is supposed to be a Number 1 why are you comparing him to a Number 3 and still losing?...:thumb:
      i'm not reading impaired, i'm just not retarded and ridiculously delusional.

so now your argument is verrett got targeted more even though he is the best corner on his team that supposedly teams could avoid throwing to?

like i said before, verrett was a virtual unknown....yes he was challenged against teams #1 receivers unlike roby who was just in nickle most of the time.

verrett had to cover guys like Antonio Brown, A.J. Green, Golden Tate, Steve Smith, Sr., Jeremy Maclin, Emanuel Sanders, Amari Cooper and Alshon Jeffery.

he shut down a guy that absolutely torched your defense without the help of a great pass rush and other great players around to help him.

he basically shut down all those guys except cooper who had a big game against him mainly because of a pick play that gave cooper a 52 yard TD.

oh and the reason why verrett is compared to roby is pretty obvious....they were both drafted in the first round of the same draft and not far apart either.......of course they will be compared

but don't you worry, soon verrett will be compared to the best corners in the league if he stays healthy and keeps playing the way he has.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        i'm not reading impaired, i'm just not retarded and ridiculously delusional.

so now your argument is verrett got targeted more even though he is the best corner on his team that supposedly teams could avoid throwing to?

like i said before, verrett was a virtual unknown....yes he was challenged against teams #1 receivers unlike roby who was just in nickle most of the time.

verrett had to cover guys like Antonio Brown, A.J. Green, Golden Tate, Steve Smith, Sr., Jeremy Maclin, Emanuel Sanders, Amari Cooper and Alshon Jeffery.

he shut down a guy that absolutely torched your defense without the help of a great pass rush and other great players around to help him.

he basically shut down all those guys except cooper who had a big game against him mainly because of a pick play that gave cooper a 52 yard TD.

oh and the reason why verrett is compared to roby is pretty obvious....they were both drafted in the first round of the same draft and not far apart either.......of course they will be compared

but don't you worry, soon verrett will be compared to the best corners in the league if he stays healthy and keeps playing the way he has.
        Heard the same Crap about Mathews and Ingram for years now...
        Originally posted by baphamet
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Heard the same Crap about Mathews and Ingram for years now...
          not from me you didn't. never said ingram or mathews were among the best or would be compared to the best in the league, verrett is the only one on our team that deserves such praise at the moment.

this isn't something that materialized over night, people have been raving about this kid ever since he got to SD, now the rest of the world is starting to see it materialize.

Comment

not from me you didn't. never said ingram or mathews were among the best or would be compared to the best in the league, verrett is the only one on our team that deserves such praise at the moment.

this isn't something that materialized over night, people have been raving about this kid ever since he got to SD, now the rest of the world is starting to see it materialize.
            Baphs Verrett and ingram are the best players in the league ok, unfortunately their greatness wasn't enough to get your cityless team a playoff berth.
            sigpic

Comment

I liked Verrett coming out, think SD got a good player. But saying he is better than Roby is simply not true. Roby has now forced 8 turnovers, 4 via INT and 4 FF...he has also recovered 2. Verrett has 4.

On a per game basis

Pass defended: Verrett .80, Roby .72
              Turnovers: Verrett .20 , Roby .24 (not including recoveries)
              Tackles: Verrett 3.30, Roby 3.25

You can argue all you want, but performance on the field is almost even. Seeing how Roby is almost a year younger and cost about 1Million less, I think us Bronco fans are perfectly happy with the way it turned out. Plus we have the added bonus of getting 14 more games out of our pick the past two years.
              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                I liked Verrett coming out, think SD got a good player. But saying he is better than Roby is simply not true. Roby has now forced 8 turnovers, 4 via INT and 4 FF...he has also recovered 2. Verrett has 4.

On a per game basis

Pass defended: Verrett .80, Roby .72
                Turnovers: Verrett .20 , Roby .24 (not including recoveries)
                Tackles: Verrett 3.30, Roby 3.25

You can argue all you want, but performance on the field is almost even. Seeing how Roby is almost a year younger and cost about 1Million less, I think us Bronco fans are perfectly happy with the way it turned out. Plus we have the added bonus of getting 14 more games out of our pick the past two years.
                the performance on the field isn't even though. roby has made some plays and has been good too, ive been saying that all along. this goes way beyond which player has forced more TO's.....verrett is the much better cover corner and makes great plays against the other teams best players.

was roby asked to cover antonio brown? verrett shut him down, same with A.J green, same with alshon jeferry when he was healthy. yeah its my opinion verrett is better, the players happen to agree as well.

this year when both players actually had an off season to get ready and a year under their belts, verrett was better and i think has the higher ceiling.

Comment

Well, we have 2-3 more years to find out, as of now Roby has been more valuable...oh and Wolfe > Luiget
                  Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

not from me you didn't. never said ingram or mathews were among the best or would be compared to the best in the league, .
                    I quit reading right there..try not to lie next time and I will try to read it all.

You Tried to claim Ingram as one of the best and used a Fantasy Football article to "prove your point" and you Took mathews number on pick in a FF league....and I quote with AD still on the board and those were not the only times you did it..always with the added "if they stay healthy"
                    Last edited by Beagle; 01-18-2016, 03:55 PM.
                    Originally posted by baphamet
                    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

I quit reading right there..try not to lie next time and I will try to read it all.

You Tried to claim Ingram as one of the best and used a Fantasy Football article to "prove your point" and you Took mathews number on pick in a FF league....and I quote with AD still on the board and those were not the only times you did it..always with the added "if they stay healthy"
                      LOL this post is so full of fail, speaking of lying?

nope i sure didn't claim ingram was one of the best pass rushers in the game, go find the post and quote me. if i thought that i would have said ingram was as good as miller or close to it, never have made such a claim.

i also said that year Mathews was a top 5 fantasy pick (according to "experts" mind you) and no i never drafted him that high (i don't see how you would even know that considering you are not and never have been in any of my fantasy leagues)

being a top fantasy player and being a top player are two different things, it's rather pathetic i even have to explain that to you. go re-read that fantasy article you always love to bring up, it's the actual article that was written that i was talking about as well as his ability to get to the QB, even though he didn't have the sack numbers.

saying i claimed mathews and ingram were top players at their position is an absolute lie, quote me directly or shut your lying mouth beaglederp

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        Well, we have 2-3 more years to find out, as of now Roby has been more valuable...oh and Wolfe > Luiget
                        still waiting for you to elaborate why wolfe is better other than the fact he got an extension.

Comment

Working...
                        X