Broncos fans owe the Seahawks a huge "THANKS!!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos fans owe the Seahawks a huge "THANKS!!"

Had Seattle not embarrassed the Broncos in SB XLVIII, Elway would not have fired John Fox and made the changes on defense to add TJ Ward, DeMarcus Ware, Kubiak and Phillips.

Ever since those changes, even in losses, the Broncos have gone out "kicking and screaming".

Btw, congrats on SB 50.... a well-earned defensive victory. Carolina didn't stand a chance.
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

And... Seachicken fans trying to take credit for this ring. You guys can just buy a Broncos jersey and jump ship. No need to try to hide your need to root for a winner.

On a serious note... you're mostly correct.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
      Had Seattle not embarrassed the Broncos in SB XLVIII, Elway would not have fired John Fox and made the changes on defense to add TJ Ward, DeMarcus Ware, Kubiak and Phillips.

Ever since those changes, even in losses, the Broncos have gone out "kicking and screaming".

Btw, congrats on SB 50.... a well-earned defensive victory. Carolina didn't stand a chance.
      The only thing we owe you is an Butt kicking in next years superbowl if you can make it.. now get the fudge out of here
      Originally posted by baphamet
      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Another Seachicken trying to take credit again.

I saw on another thread a Dolphin fan taking credit because they beat the Paties, so they think they deserve some kind of credit.

Face it. The Broncos are the BEST team in the NFL!!!!
        Last edited by johntbronco; 02-09-2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post

I can understand your thinking....... a little bit, but I will give 100% credit to John Elway for having the courage to rebuild this team and fire the coach that had won 4 straight division championships and a conference championship.
          I will give the Seahawks credit for their Superbowl win, I'm curious to see which one of our franchises is able to keep the their teams together with the free agency coming up and Russell Wilsons contract jumps up pretty high this year, the hawks will lose Lynch, and many of their 2016 Free Agents (Okung, Kearse, Lockett, Irvin, Membane, Rubin,Lane, Lewis, Ryan, and Sweezy cant keep them all).
          sigpic

Comment

With this line of thinking we should thank Josh McDaniels for being a horrible coach and putting us in a position to draft Von Miller in 2011
            sigpic
            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              I'm curious to see which one of our franchises is able to keep the their teams together with the free agency coming up and Russell Wilsons contract jumps up pretty high this year, the hawks will lose Lynch, and many of their 2016 Free Agents (Okung, Kearse, Lockett, Irvin, Membane, Rubin,Lane, Lewis, Ryan, and Sweezy cant keep them all).
              Lynch has retired... saving Seattle $6.5M against their 2016 cap.

Okung is injured again... elbow, I believe. He's likely looking at a 2-year prove-it deal at $6M APY. Seattle likely passes imo. Had he not been injured, he could have been looking at a multi-year contract at close to $10M APY. Seattle likely lost a 3rd round comp pick in 2017 with that injury.

Lockett likely will not play another down. He had neck surgery mid-November and was placed on IR. He's a RFA and will likely be not tendered.

Irvin is all but gone. He's looking to get a multi-year contract at close to $9M APY, and Seattle is not in a position to re-sign him at that amount. He'll likely bring Seattle a 4th round comp pick in 2017. A 3rd rounder is possible but not likely.

Re Mebane and Rubin, I can see Seattle keeping one but not both. The younger Rubin would be my choice, likely on a 2-year contract at $3.5M APY. Mebane will get re-signed by another team in FA and could net Seattle a 6th round comp pick in 2017.

Jeremy Lane is a must-keep imo. I believe that Seattle will re-sign him for three years at $5M APY.

Jon Ryan is likely re-signed by Seattle at $1.75M for a year or two.

Re Sweezy, I have no idea what Seattle is likely to do with their often miserable O-line. I could honestly see them with a 100% new O-line to start next season. They could let Okung go, swing RT Gilliam to LT, draft or sign a veteran LG, definitely draft a Center in the 1st or 2nd round, start 2nd year G Mark Glowinski at RG and draft a RT.
              "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

We would thank you guys but to be honest, We don't like you guys (Just like how Carolina fans are going to hate us from now on.) and We were laughing at you guys when Cam took that 12th man flag and toss it.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h26..._MKjVlMVF93t0D
                Last edited by Chronoless; 02-09-2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                  With this line of thinking we should thank Josh McDaniels for being a horrible coach and putting us in a position to draft Von Miller in 2011
                  ^This. McDoof left the defense in shambles.

Elway has been committed to building the defense since he got here -he spent our first round draft pick on D every year, he hired Fox -a defensive-minded coach, and that unit got better -right away.

The Seahawks SB loss certainly figured into prioritizing big, FA signings in 2014, but Fox and JDR were retained until Jan 2015.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                    Another Seachicken trying to take credit again.

I saw on another thread a Dolphin fan taking credit because they beat the Paties, so they think they deserve some kind of credit.

Face it. The Broncos are the BEST team in the NFL!!!!
                    Yeah I saw a thread on that at a 'Phins forum -they are reaching desperately for something to feel proud about since their team is a mess lloking forward to a high draft pick.

I also saw threads praising our D with them trying to figure out how they can copy us, who to sign, etc. Saw the same discussions at the Cowpies forum.

We are the envy of most of the League!
                    Last edited by L.M.; 02-09-2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      The only thing we owe you is an Butt kicking in next years superbowl if you can make it.. now get the fudge out of here
                      so you are saying now the broncos will repeat?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                        I can understand your thinking....... a little bit, but I will give 100% credit to John Elway for having the courage to rebuild this team and fire the coach that had won 4 straight division championships and a conference championship.
                        I will give the Seahawks credit for their Superbowl win, I'm curious to see which one of our franchises is able to keep the their teams together with the free agency coming up and Russell Wilsons contract jumps up pretty high this year, the hawks will lose Lynch, and many of their 2016 Free Agents (Okung, Kearse, Lockett, Irvin, Membane, Rubin,Lane, Lewis, Ryan, and Sweezy cant keep them all).
                        i'm interested to see how you will keep your team intact. miller is going to demand 100+ million unless you franchise him which will still be a big cap hit. then your QB that you will have to pay, is ware going to keep playing? if so you have to pay him as well.

it's going to be interesting, lets see if elway really is as good of a GM you all say he is.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          i'm interested to see how you will keep your team intact. miller is going to demand 100+ million unless you franchise him which will still be a big cap hit. then your QB that you will have to pay, is ware going to keep playing? if so you have to pay him as well.

it's going to be interesting, lets see if elway really is as good of a GM you all say he is.
                          Well the defense he built just won the Superbowl, I don't know what else you can do to show your good at your job other than beat everyone else at theirs and he did that on top of winning the AFC West every year he has been here, getting rid of Fox and bringing in Kubiak. And we will lose Malik Jackson I suppose but Elway already locked up key players in Harris Jr. and Derek Wolfe, and I expect Brock and Von to get locked up to long term deals and Marshall and CJ back for at least one more year and we got 10 draft picks along with a former ALL Pro tackle coming back at Left tackle and promising rookie's Ty Sambrailo at RT, Jeff Heurman at TE I like where our team is headed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh. Yeah. In all my excitement I forgot to thank the Seahawks for the Broncos winning Super bowl 50. I guess I just got swept up in all the madness. What was I thinking?
                            My Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/TheJRTrax

Comment

And another point to add to what I said above -it should also be remembered that Von, Wolfe, and Harris Jr were on our D but sidelined with three other starters for SB 48. The rematch @SEA in 2014 was quite a different game with those guys back in the mix, Wilson running for his life from Von! By contrast, all we had in SB 48 was Ayers who couldn't do jack squat! But the point is, that SB loss was by no means the starting point to building the elite, top-ranked defense that just won us the Lombardi. 2011 is the foundation.

Comment

Working...
                              X