Broncos Will Be Stronger In 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Will Be Stronger In 2016/17

That's right haters. Denvers roster will be even stronger next year.

Elway is going to do everything to keep the major pieces of this legendary defense together. He knows that this defense is the reason we won the SB.
    Cutting Manning, Colquitt, Davis and restructuring a few other contracts, having the salary cap increase should allow us to sign Von, Brock and Malik.

I think Brock is smart enough to know that Denver has all the pieces in place to win for the next 5 years. Sure, he could go to Cleveland or SD and make $12-15m per but I think he stays in Denver for around $10m.

During the parade Elway said resigning Malik, Trevathan and Von long-term were priorities. Von gets tagged and a long-term deal worked out.

We get to see what Heuerman can do in the TE position with green and Daniels which is exciting.

Manning has been great for us over the years and he got his fairytale ending but having Brock next year with this defense is going to scare the S*** out of our rivals. Brock can move the football which will open up our run game even more. I see us getting back to putting up big scores.

We just won a SB with an entirely new coaching staff in their FIRST season, let's not forget that.
    I think that with a full off-season and another solid draft by Elway, we will be in even better shape heading into next year.

Denver Dynasty has a nice ring to it!!

Originally posted by BroncoPower View Post
    That's right haters. Denvers roster will be even stronger next year.

Elway is going to do everything to keep the major pieces of this legendary defense together. He knows that this defense is the reason we won the SB.
    Cutting Manning, Colquitt, Davis and restructuring a few other contracts, having the salary cap increase should allow us to sign Von, Brock and Malik.

I think Brock is smart enough to know that Denver has all the pieces in place to win for the next 5 years. Sure, he could go to Cleveland or SD and make $12-15m per but I think he stays in Denver for around $10m.

During the parade Elway said resigning Malik, Trevathan and Von long-term were priorities. Von gets tagged and a long-term deal worked out.

We get to see what Heuerman can do in the TE position with green and Daniels which is exciting.

Manning has been great for us over the years and he got his fairytale ending but having Brock next year with this defense is going to scare the S*** out of our rivals. Brock can move the football which will open up our run game even more. I see us getting back to putting up big scores.

We just won a SB with an entirely new coaching staff in their FIRST season, let's not forget that.
    I think that with a full off-season and another solid draft by Elway, we will be in even better shape heading into next year.

Denver Dynasty has a nice ring to it!!
    He's David Copperfield if he does, but what do we do at quarterback if it happens?

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      He's David Copperfield if he does, but what do we do at quarterback if it happens?
      I'm not so sure that it matters who plays QB so long as he protects the football. If this season taught us anything, it's that you don't need a QB to put up 300yds and 3tds every game for us to win.

Comment

I'm not so sure that it matters who plays QB so long as he protects the football. If this season taught us anything, it's that you don't need a QB to put up 300yds and 3tds every game for us to win.
        IMO, the running game has to at least improve. We need to be able to take full advantage of Kubes' offense and stretch the field. I don't expect another team to ever win a SB with an offense this average/bad regardless of defense. I would really like to get Oz back. Many may disagree with me, but I think he's the answer. Idk who his agent is, but I hope he doesn't kill negotiations and send Oz to the Browns or something. This has to be his best chance to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
          IMO, the running game has to at least improve. We need to be able to take full advantage of Kubes' offense and stretch the field. I don't expect another team to ever win a SB with an offense this average/bad regardless of defense. I would really like to get Oz back. Many may disagree with me, but I think he's the answer. Idk who his agent is, but I hope he doesn't kill negotiations and send Oz to the Browns or something. This has to be his best chance to be successful.
          I read that Oz turned down $12m per year last offseason but I'm not sure how accurate that is? Oz is aware that he can get north of $15m on a few teams around the league but I also think he's a smart guy. Denver offers him a wonderful opportunity and I would love to see him stay. If he would sooner earn $4m more per year playing for the Browns then kudos to him and his warped mentality 😀

Comment

Yeah with a healthy o-line and a full off-season for Kubiak to install his true offense with Brock at the helm and if we're able to keep most, if not all, our defense in-tact, I think we'll be stronger as well.

If we're healthy on both sides of the ball we should slaughter teams next season with a real offense to go with our Super Bowl Championship defense.

Comment

I'm more concerned with keeping this awesome defense together never before in the history of the Broncos have we had a defensive line like this.

Yes you can throw the Orange Crush out there but I think this unit is better.

Do you guys realize that Cam Newton was sacked one out if every 8 snaps by this Denver defensive unit!

Do we really want to go through the Mike Shanahan days where we had a non-existent defensive line?

We all remember the Brown-cos, we all remember the Daryl gardeners and the Jarvis mosses of the world and we do not need to go through that again.

We need to keep this defensive line together, we need to sign Danny Trevathan and David Bruton.

We need to get a game manager to run this offense and build a great running game around him.

If that is Peyton Manning with a better offensive line in front of him and a whole offseason to heal up and recover, assuming he restructures then so be it.

I do not want to give big money to Brock Osweiler like we did Demaryius Thomas at the expense of one of the greatest defenses of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                I'm more concerned with keeping this awesome defense together never before in the history of the Broncos have we had a defensive line like this.

Yes you can throw the Orange Crush out there but I think this unit is better.

Do you guys realize that Cam Newton was sacked one out if every 8 snaps by this Denver defensive unit!

Do we really want to go through the Mike Shanahan days where we had a non-existent defensive line?

We all remember the Brown-cos, we all remember the Daryl gardeners and the Jarvis mosses of the world and we do not need to go through that again.

We need to keep this defensive line together, we need to sign Danny Trevathan and David Bruton.

We need to get a game manager to run this offense and build a great running game around him.

If that is Peyton Manning with a better offensive line in front of him and a whole offseason to heal up and recover, assuming he restructures then so be it.

I do not want to give big money to Brock Osweiler like we did Demaryius Thomas at the expense of one of the greatest defenses of all time.
                I think signing Wolfe was big. Now we just have to get Von, Malik and Trevathan or Marshall signed up. I pray we keep Demarcus as well. It's going to take some restructuring here and there and some creativity but it can be done.

Manning is retiring and along with him, his large contract. Elway will try to keep Oz but he won't overpay either.
                Worse case scenario is we roll with a vet or siemian. I would sooner go that route and keep this defense in place as opposed to screwing with the Defense for the sake of the offense.

Comment

It makes me laugh because I've had so many say stupid things like "you don't have Peyton next year. Enjoy this championship because your window has closed."

If you say so The offense will be stronger in 2016 and we'll still have the strongest and most key pieces of our defense. We'll be a playoff team in 2016.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    It makes me laugh because I've had so many say stupid things like "you don't have Peyton next year. Enjoy this championship because your window has closed."

If you say so The offense will be stronger in 2016 and we'll still have the strongest and most key pieces of our defense. We'll be a playoff team in 2016.
                    I agree 100%.
                    Ive yet to hear anyone mention the coaching aspect as well. Wade Phillips worked wonders in one single offseason with this defense. Imagine what will happen with another draft and training camp.
                    Another offseason with Brock running the offense? I'm sorry, the skies the limit with this team.

Comment

I agree 100%.
                      Ive yet to hear anyone mention the coaching aspect as well. Wade Phillips worked wonders in one single offseason with this defense. Imagine what will happen with another draft and training camp.
                      Another offseason with Brock running the offense? I'm sorry, the skies the limit with this team.
                      And that's the other aspect. Can you imagine if this defense actually gets better? I mean good lord! Not only that, but imagine if this D gets better and the offense improves as well...It's scary to think how good this team could potentially be going forward.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post

You're riding the crest of a 100' wave screaming at the top of your lungs... "Look at me!" Look at me!!"... I totally get that... enjoy the ride as I did two years ago... but things can change, and change unexpectedly.
                        "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Though Peyton's leadership can't be discounted, a starting QB can't perform much worse than what we saw from Peyton this season. 9 TD, 17 INT, 67.9 passer rating. I mean, any other QB with these numbers would be considered a backup at best. With Peyton, the offense was 1 of 14 on 3rd down in the Super Bowl. It's hard to imagine the offense being this bad next season. What our defense did was truly a historical feat. It will be hard to repeat because each season brings a different team and, in such a competitive league, the champion usually is the one that catches the perfect storm. You need some luck besides good execution. Maybe Brock won't be our QB. He might sign with the highest bidder. We might have a rookie QB this season. Elway has plenty of picks to move during the draft. We'll see.
                          sigpic

Comment

Banking on the defense and forgoing improvement on offense is risky in my opinion. The Broncos were very lucky they had minimal injuries on defense this year. Back during the Seattle Superbowl, they were without Miller, Ward, and Wolfe; it was not a dominant defense. Talib went without injury this year-- a first. Injuries next year could suddenly alter this defense's effectiveness and if we are a team built with an offense to game manage rather than score points it could be an incredibly ugly season.

We dodged a big bullet with this offense. Subscribing to the same strategy next year would be silly in my opinion.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                              Banking on the defense and forgoing improvement on offense is risky in my opinion. The Broncos were very lucky they had minimal injuries on defense this year. Back during the Seattle Superbowl, they were without Miller, Ward, and Wolfe; it was not a dominant defense. Talib went without injury this year-- a first. Injuries next year could suddenly alter this defense's effectiveness and if we are a team built with an offense to game manage rather than score points it could be an incredibly ugly season.

We dodged a big bullet with this offense. Subscribing to the same strategy next year would be silly in my opinion.
                              This offense isn't just built to game manage though, that is just what was asked of Peyton. I feel like going in next year with a full offseason and draft we will address the Oline which to me is our only glaring hole. We have the receivers and tight ends to put points on the board. DT had a horrible Post Season, next year hopefully he comes back to his normal self. Sanders is amazing, Fowler has talent. Latimer needs to step up and has a good chance of doing so if we roll ahead with Brock.

Who knows what Heuerman is capable of but at 6''6 256lbs he sounds like he's not far from Gronk size. What if he pans out?

Defense as it is right now has amazing depth. Injuries happen but the world could also end tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X