Broncos Will Be Stronger In 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
    Thats the thing people dont' seem to get. KC, Raiders, Chargers, AFC, NFC fans think we are done, we can only get worst. What they don't understand is

1) At worst we lose Mailk and Danny (losing Brock mean nothing, we just won the Superbowl with a QB rank lower than Brock)
    2) Losing Manning makes our team better, because Manning played like crap (Still love you Manning, just being honest)
    3) Any QB is a upgrade over 2015-2016 Manning
    4) We are getting Clady/Ty back (better Oline)
    5) 21 million off the books for cutting Manning
    6) We can draft best on the board and not reach.
    7) We still have Von Ware Wolf, and the no fly zone.
    8) Elway is the master of Free agency
    'They' are 'Praying' we are done more like. Elway relishes and thrives in these situations just as he did when he was a player. In a pressure situation I'd bet good money on it that Elway makes the right calls.

We just won the SB with less than 200 yds of offense. If anyone thinks he is going to let this defense split up they are out of their mind.

I think we end up signing Von, Malik and Trevathan (unless he wants $12m per).

I'd offer Brock $6m-$8m maximum and the opportunity to win multiple championships. Then if he insists that he wants $12m-$15m i would shake his hand and wish him well in Cleveland.

With the players we have coming back and another solid draft and the key bits of the puzzle brought back,I see us being stronger on Offense AND Defense next year.
    Last edited by BroncoPower; 02-11-2016, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
      This is really hard because of the rule changes.

1985 Bears were based on intimidation, much of which would not be allowed today...how would the rules affect their style of play?

2000 Ravens, same as above.

2002 Bucs, are they the same defense without Lynch enforcing over the middle?

2008 Steelers were excellent

Going back any further is even harder as it was a 3 yard and pile of dust mentality on offense.

My rankings would be:

1. 2002 Bucs due to high volume of turnovers
      2. 1985 Bears
      3. 2000 Ravens
      4. 2008 Steelers
      5. 1968 Colts

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      Man, it's so hard to do this over previous decades, but I'm not afraid to give it a shot. I included the Broncos and Seahawks, though. My B.

HM 00 Titans - Pretty good offense. Ravens showed them up in playoffs.
      10 76 Steelers - Good offense, and still got waxed in playoffs.*
      9 75 Rams - Didn't show up at all in post season.
      8 69 Chiefs
      7 13 Seahawks - Good offense.
      6 02 Buccaneers - Good running game. Great post season.
      5 15 Broncos - Lack of offense. Great post season showing.
      4 73 Dolphins
      3 71 Vikings - Didn't have much of an offense. Killed them in playoffs.
      2 00 Ravens
      1 85 Bears

* Feel like I need to say that for longevity, the Steel Curtain was best ever.

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
      85-Bears
      76-Steelers
      73-Dolphins
      00-Ravens
      02-Bucs
      A sleeper team is the 1977 Atlanta Falcons. No one knows about them because their offense was abysmal and the team only went 7-7.

One thing I'm trying to figure out is why virtually every all-time defense only won 1 or even 0 championship. The exceptions are the Steel Curtain and maybe the 72-73 Dolphins. I'm not talking #1 defense, I mean historic all-time defense. The Broncos and Seahawks are pending, but I don't think it's an accident that a dynasty isn't built strictly on defense. Maybe the league catches up after the initial blitz. We'll see this coming year.
      Last edited by DevilSpawn; 02-11-2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        A sleeper team is the 1977 Atlanta Falcons. No one knows about them because their offense was abysmal and the team only went 7-7.

One thing I'm trying to figure out is why virtually every all-time defense only won 1 or even 0 championship. The exceptions are the Steel Curtain and maybe the 72-73 Dolphins. I'm not talking #1 defense, I mean historic all-time defense. The Broncos and Seahawks are pending, but I don't think it's an accident that a dynasty isn't built strictly on defense. Maybe the league catches up after the initial blitz. We'll see this coming year.
        85 Bears defense could not carry a bad offense in 86 (still ranked 1st)
        2002 Bucs could not carry a bad offense/QB (still ranked 4th)
        2000 Ravens lost people/got old
        2013 Seahawks should/could have
        2015 Broncos ??? We will see

So far, Denver is the only top D to win while having an offense rank bottom half in O (bottom 6 if you look at DVOA). So this actually bodes well for a repeat if we keep the band together.
        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

I lived in Atlanta in 77. I think that was the year of Steve Bartkowski, Billy 'White Shoes' Johnson and William Andrews/Lynn Cain as RB's. William Andrews was a bulldozer and was probably headed to a HOF career but had a career ending injury like Bo Jackson. I may be a year or two off-- hard to remember that far back. The defense was headed up by Fulton Kuykendall. He was an animal. I worked at a local Taco Bell and he used to come through all the time in his 240Z and a fur coat. He was real nice. Jeff Van Note was the center. He used to come to all our HS football games-- I mean literally all of them-- he was always there.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
            I lived in Atlanta in 77. I think that was the year of Steve Bartkowski, Billy 'White Shoes' Johnson and William Andrews/Lynn Cain as RB's. William Andrews was a bulldozer and was probably headed to a HOF career but had a career ending injury like Bo Jackson. I may be a year or two off-- hard to remember that far back. The defense was headed up by Fulton Kuykendall. He was an animal. I worked at a local Taco Bell and he used to come through all the time in his 240Z and a fur coat. He was real nice. Jeff Van Note was the center. He used to come to all our HS football games-- I mean literally all of them-- he was always there.
            I'm off a few years. I am thinking of the 1980 team. Now I have to go back and research and refresh my memory.
            sigpic

Comment

....hmmmmm

Comment

Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
                Accept it or seek therapy !
                sigpic

Comment

Yikes!

Broncos Will Be Stronger In 2017/18?

Comment

Yikes!

Broncos Will Be Stronger In 2017/18?
                    Won't take much...But seriously though. This team is not a bad team even at 8 wins. We just need to build an o-line and d-line. We do that and many of our other woes this season will diminish significantly.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      Won't take much...But seriously though. This team is not a bad team even at 8 wins. We just need to build an o-line and d-line. We do that and many of our other woes this season will diminish significantly.
                      I know Dontari Poe, Sheldon Richardson and Donte Hightower are very intriguing free agents but we need to focus money on this offensive line and install the true zone blocking scheme.

If we do that, If we actually do that then this team can be pretty unstoppable. If we can get significant pieces in place on the defense meaning a legitimate replacement for both Jackson and Trevathan.

But I am hopeful that the issues with our offensive line can't be credited more towards the offensive line coach than the guys in place trying to perfect the scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                        I know Dontari Poe, Sheldon Richardson and Donte Hightower are very intriguing free agents but we need to focus money on this offensive line and install the true zone blocking scheme.

If we do that, If we actually do that then this team can be pretty unstoppable. If we can get significant pieces in place on the defense meaning a legitimate replacement for both Jackson and Trevathan.

But I am hopeful that the issues with our offensive line can't be credited more towards the offensive line coach than the guys in place trying to perfect the scheme.
                        As long as Siemian ia under center this broncos team will be significantly weaker than its opponents.

Comment

Working...
                        X