Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason la canfora has doubts about B.O.'s abilities

http://www.battleredblog.com/2016/6/...rock-osweilers

Here's a little B.O. Critism for ya, la canfora doesn't believe B.O. Can be the man in Houston.

Cecil lammy also reported that the Houston Texans have stated that BO is a work in progress and that members of the media are pulling their hair out saying "this is what we paid for"?

Sorry I don't have a link for Cecil's comments nor have I seen any Texans camp highlights, just reporting what I've heard on the radio.

Not trying to be distasteful but with B.O.s attitude towards his former and by the way he exited the building, all this criticism is making me laugh as it now begins.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-12-2016, 03:54 PM.

Brock was scapegoated by the organization and fans, and then disrespected when the Broncos wanted to "wait for Manning".

The Broncos aren't in the SB without Brock, and might even miss the playoffs. By the same token, BO owes his big payday at least in some part to the Broncos for the opportunity to shop his wares.

I can't blame Brock for taking the money and wanting to be "the guy" and I can't fault the Broncos for not wanting to shell out that kind of money for an unproven commodity.

Why does there have to be sides? Why all the animosity towards BO from the fans and the team, alike? I guarantee anyone reading this, 99.9%, that if he had signed here he'd be heralded as the next big thing and everyone would be talking about how the organization was in great shape with a true proven leader at the helm to steer towards a repeat.

Jilted lovers, all around. Get over it.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

He's being paid like a superstar, he now has to perform like a superstar and is going to face very real and loud criticism if he doesn't.

Even though he was angered by things in Denver, he was already a known quantity, the Broncos coaches, management, players and fans know what his limitations are, and that he still needs time to develop. He may very well regret leaving here.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        Brock was scapegoated by the organization and fans, and then disrespected when the Broncos wanted to "wait for Manning".

The Broncos aren't in the SB without Brock, and might even miss the playoffs. By the same token, BO owes his big payday at least in some part to the Broncos for the opportunity to shop his wares.

I can't blame Brock for taking the money and wanting to be "the guy" and I can't fault the Broncos for not wanting to shell out that kind of money for an unproven commodity.

Why does there have to be sides? Why all the animosity towards BO from the fans and the team, alike? I guarantee anyone reading this, 99.9%, that if he had signed here he'd be heralded as the next big thing and everyone would be talking about how the organization was in great shape with a true proven leader at the helm to steer towards a repeat.

Why does there have to be sides?
        Because he is not on our side anymore

That is the simple truth and I for one now hope he falls flat on his face professionally. God forbid he turns into our version of Drew Brees
        Originally posted by baphamet
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

I'm sure he won't regret the new size of his wallet.

Football is entertainment. Adding backstory to a game (e.g., cheating Patriots, Chicago's Bronco Rejects, the Seahawks after the SB XLVIII beat down, Brock Osweiler, et al) just adds to the drama. For some, it's a moot point...for myself, I must confess, is a guilty pleasure.
          To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
            I'm sure he won't regret the new size of his wallet.

Football is entertainment. Adding backstory to a game (e.g., cheating Patriots, Chicago's Bronco Rejects, the Seahawks after the SB XLVIII beat down, Brock Osweiler, et al) just adds to the drama. For some, it's a moot point...for myself, I must confess, is a guilty pleasure.
            To your point, I still laugh every time I see a Jay Cutler INT.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

To your point, I still laugh every time I see a Jay Cutler INT.
              Oh, me too. I have a friend who's a Bears fan, and she couldn't stop gloating after Jay landed in Chicago. Fast forward a couple of years, and I can't stop laughing at her Cutler hatred on Facebook after almost every game.

Ahh, good times.
              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

absolutely agree with the underlined, i say that kind of stuff all the time here in smack
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  Because he is not on our side anymore

That is the simple truth and I for one now hope he falls flat on his face professionally. God forbid he turns into our version of Drew Brees
                  this right here says it all.

too bad you don't have a phil rivers on your team while you let your potential drew brees slip away, huh? (your words)

how funny would it have been to see you hype rivers had he not signed an extension in SD and wen't to denver instead?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

too bad you don't have a phil rivers on your team while you let your potential drew brees slip away, huh? (your words)

how funny would it have been to see you hype rivers had he not signed an extension in SD and wen't to denver instead?
                    Ya...well we didn't suck enough to pick a qb #1
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

We wound up with a Qb with the same amount of playoffs wins for a lot cheaper.
                      sigpic

Comment

Scapegoated?
                        I remember him having some good games and then failing to score points in games and when our season was on the line he got pulled because he failed to do his job which is lead the offense to points. Was it all his fault, no!, but quarterbacks get all the credit when the team wins, like when we beat NE and Brock got props ( instead of CJ) and all the blame when we lose like Brock got vs Pittsburgh and Oakland. And your right I do believe Brock would do well in year two in this system, because he already has chemistry with these players and our oline Is much improved. I don't think whether he stayed in Denver or not he was worth $18 heck $15 million a year. And if Bronco fans want to bag on a dude who decided to leave, and he says it because Houston gives him a better chance to win and then decides to skip the White House trip and the ring ceremony then good for them, can't wait til we see him in Denver week 7 on Monday night.
                        Get over it Brock is gone! And he said that Houston gave him the best chance to win, spin that how ever you want but he's been in our locker room and chose to leave to a team he says is better. Sorry those are fighting words from where I come from.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                          We wound up with a Qb with the same amount of playoffs wins for a lot cheaper.
                          so you are saying he is better than rivers? i'm not trying to twist your words like you do constantly but that is what you are saying, correct? if not that stat is 100% meaningless and irrelevant to your teams current situation.
                          sigpic

Comment

It is interesting that Houston is already starting to have buyer's remorse before anything has really started. We knew Brock was going to be a project QB regardless of the time he spent behind Manning because he never got the reps and playing time, yet we were willing to offer a sizable contract based on his history with the team which was more than fair based on how far he had developed.

I do agree that had he stayed we would have had a lot of fans projecting a HOF career from the get go though. But that's something all franchises go through with new, young players the base gets excited about, maybe more so following a winning season.

He chose to go out in FA and scored. Good for him!

Houston's market is antsy though and who really knows how patient they'll be with a guy that will likely need a full season under his belt before you really know what you have in him, good or bad.

Winning their division last year will only make that more difficult with a tougher schedule.

It will be interesting to watch.

I don't think Osweiler was a scapegoat for anything. You don't offer what Elway offered as a contract to a scapegoat. A victim of circumstance, perhaps. Scapegoat, no.

How he chooses to handle himself going forward, re: White House visit, ring ceremony, etc., who cares... it really is not our problem.

Comment

Oh come on...this from the guy who says he still celebrates everytime Cutler throws a pick? It's the same thing. He's not a Bronco anymore so screw him! I get his reasons for leaving, but you know what, he's the enemy now so I hope he falls flat on his twilight looking face.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X