This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoPower View Post
    How good does Siemian have to be though really? I mean, leadership and experience only goes so far. if you forget what its like to watch a QB play with JUST leadership and experience, go back and watch Peyton last year. It was horrible.
    Siemian has other attributes that are equally as important as experience. He has leadership ability and is a cool customer. He also has a cannon arm and moves well in the pocket.

Nobody knows what we truly have but in Denver that is our only real question mark. I would take that in a heartbeat over what 28-30 other teams have.
    he seemed alright, i'm not gonna lie. but he has not been game planned yet and he still doesn't seem like he goes through his progressions totally, from what i have seen in the pre-season.

that said he looks a lot better than lynch currently, i also think his success will ride on how effective the running game will be (that's obvious i know but true). if the broncos struggle to run the ball and are in a lot of 3rd and long situations, i think the kid will struggle for sure, especially early.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      once again you are turning this into a elway vs rivers debate because you just cant grasp the point i am making.

the fact elway was so much better than rivers actually supports my position. the fact that even elway can have a season like that should shut you up, but here you are bragging about how much better elway was YET HE STILL HAD A 5-11 SEASON.....

every QB can have a bad season like that and it doesn't make them a bad QB when those types of seasons are not typical.

it's not like 4-12 seasons are common in his career, it's the first and only time anything close to that has happened.

but whatever, in a couple months if you guys are right and the chargers only win 4 or 5 games you can say you told me so. i'm quite confident i won't be wrong though, 9-10 wins is what i have been saying all along and i'm sticking to that, even with the injuries they have sustained already.
      There is NO Elway vs Rivers Debate!
      Elway is a legend, and Rivers is the Ken O'Brien of the 83 draft.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        There is NO Elway vs Rivers Debate!
        Elway is a legend, and Rivers is the Ken O'Brien of the 83 draft.
        exactly....you want no part of a debate with me, as usual.

Comment

exactly....you want no part of a debate with me, as usual.
          Who brought up Elway again?.....you did.
          I brought up how Elway has 14 playoff wins and Rivers just like Sanchez has only 4.

I brought up how Elway has 5 AFC Conference Championships to Rivers 0 ( just like Sanchez who has been to one more afccg than Rivers)

I brought up Elways 2 Superbowl Titles compared to Rivers 0 (just like Sanchez)
          Seems Sanchez and Rivers have a lot in common in the postseason or are we talking regular season wins, I thought Qbs were graded by what they do in the postseason?

You brought up Elway once went 5-11 so that makes Rivers going 4-12 ok....While you crown yourself debate champ, How exactly does Elway at 30 years old with 3 AFC Conference Championships and a league MVP (87) have anything to do with Rivers at 34 years old going 4-12 and never accomplishing anything (like Mark Sanchez)?
          sigpic

Comment

Who brought up Elway again?.....you did.
            I brought up how Elway has 14 playoff wins and Rivers just like Sanchez has only 4.

I brought up how Elway has 5 AFC Conference Championships to Rivers 0 ( just like Sanchez who has been to one more afccg than Rivers)

I brought up Elways 2 Superbowl Titles compared to Rivers 0 (just like Sanchez)
            Seems Sanchez and Rivers have a lot in common in the postseason or are we talking regular season wins, I thought Qbs were graded by what they do in the postseason?

You brought up Elway once went 5-11 so that makes Rivers going 4-12 ok....While you crown yourself debate champ, How exactly does Elway at 30 years old with 3 AFC Conference Championships and a league MVP (87) have anything to do with Rivers at 34 years old going 4-12 and never accomplishing anything (like Mark Sanchez)?
            you are insane

are you trolling or can you seriously not comprehend the point i was making? there is no point in comparing them, im not making an argument that rivers is better.

why even mention it? it only solidified the fact that even great QB's can have bad seasons, it has everything to do with rivers because he is a good QB that has had one bad season like that.

it's really grade school logic you just can't seem to get. but yeah man, keep bragging about elway for absolutely no reason like a gigantic buffoon.

Comment

you are insane

are you trolling or can you seriously not comprehend the point i was making? there is no point in comparing them, im not making an argument that rivers is better.

why even mention it? it only solidified the fact that even great QB's can have bad seasons, it has everything to do with rivers because he is a good QB that has had one bad season like that.

it's really grade school logic you just can't seem to get. but yeah man, keep bragging about elway for absolutely no reason like a gigantic buffoon.
              Everyone already knows Elway is better, my point is you are comparing Elway having a 5-11 season to rivers having a 4-12 season, the difference Elway had already lead 3 teams to Superbowls and he was just 30 years old Rivers is 34. I don't see your point.

I like how you turn it on me bragging about Elway, but you are the genius who brought up Elway in the same sentence as Rivers. The only thing Rivers has ever accomplished is a gang of kids, a bolo tie collection and a reputation for crying:
              sigpic

Comment

Everyone already knows Elway is better, my point is you are comparing Elway having a 5-11 season to rivers having a 4-12 season, the difference Elway had already lead 3 teams to Superbowls and he was just 30 years old Rivers is 34. I don't see your point.

I like how you turn it on me bragging about Elway, but you are the genius who brought up Elway in the same sentence as Rivers. The only thing Rivers has ever accomplished is a gang of kids, a bolo tie collection and a reputation for crying:
                LOL that has absolutely no bearing on whether or not rivers can have a bounce back season, thats just a way to brag because thats obviously all you know.

you are comparing regular season to playoffs, you are saying that because elway did this and that in the playoffs, that means its okay that he had a 5 win season and without a doubt could bounce back from it.

you talk about rivers' age but he has shown no signs of regressing yet, rivers likely has 2-3 good years left in him before he starts falling off like manning did.

the only reason i brought up elway was because he is considered an all time great QB and even he had a bad season and for some odd reason you just can't comprehend that basic concept.

Comment

LOL that has absolutely no bearing on whether or not rivers can have a bounce back season, thats just a way to brag because thats obviously all you know.

you are comparing regular season to playoffs, you are saying that because elway did this and that in the playoffs, that means its okay that he had a 5 win season and without a doubt could bounce back from it.

you talk about rivers' age but he has shown no signs of regressing yet, rivers likely has 2-3 good years left in him before he starts falling off like manning did.

the only reason i brought up elway was because he is considered an all time great QB and even he had a bad season and for some odd reason you just can't comprehend that basic concept.
                  Baphs I am saying don't compare Elway to rivers,its a bad look....... thanks!
                  sigpic

Comment

i would take those two in a heart beat over what you have currently. the only thing you have going for you over that combo is "potential", potential that has not yet been achieved.

no leadership, no experience.

"but, but...our defense will save us!!!!!"

good luck with that, if you forget whats its like to watch a real QB play, by all means just turn on the charger game
                    A real QB???
                    You are such a fool with a ridiculous man crush for mediocrity. But I guess that is why you are a charger OOPS I mean a Philis Reevers fan.

Turn on a chargers game huh, when was the last time they won anything???

BTW I didn't say our defense would save and since we're back to making stupid quotes here ya go

But anyway I never said our defense would save us and certainly did not to the likes of you did I say it but I will say this and that is that they will beat the hell out of your Chuggies and your man crush Philis.
                    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-31-2016, 07:47 AM.

Comment

My prediction is that Sanchez, Rivers and Patrick Ewing will have the exact same playoff stat line in 2016/2017

Comment

'

hey look at all those "idiot trolls"

Comment

Baphs I am saying don't compare Elway to rivers,its a bad look....... thanks!
                          just wow......

i'm not trying to explain it to you anymore, you are clearly incapable of understanding basic elementary concepts, have a good day!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            A real QB???
                            You are such a fool with a ridiculous man crush for mediocrity. But I guess that is why you are a charger OOPS I mean a Philis Reevers fan.

Turn on a chargers game huh, when was the last time they won anything???

BTW I didn't say our defense would save and since we're back to making stupid quotes here ya go

But anyway I never said our defense would save us and certainly did not to the likes of you did I say it but I will say this and that is that they will beat the hell out of your Chuggies and your man crush Philis.
                            turn on a charger game if you want to see a real QB, yes indeed!

you wish you had a guy like rivers right about now. the defense comment was a general statement because that's what most of you broncos fans seem to think, i don't care if you think that or not.

the situation is this: if your defense doesn't save you, you're pretty screwed, at least when it comes to making another playoff run.

Comment

i would take those two in a heart beat over what you have currently. the only thing you have going for you over that combo is "potential", potential that has not yet been achieved.

no leadership, no experience.

"but, but...our defense will save us!!!!! "

good luck with that, if you forget whats its like to watch a real QB play, by all means just turn on the charger game

turn on a charger game if you want to see a real QB, yes indeed!

you wish you had a guy like rivers right about now. the defense comment was a general statement because that's what most of you broncos fans seem to think, i don't care if you think that or not.

the situation is this: if your defense doesn't save you, you're pretty screwed, at least when it comes to making another playoff run.
                              ok so your supposedly quoting us in the first post up above ( which I for one have never said) and then you turn around and completely contradict yourself once again in another post moments later.

Do you see the error of your ways barse?

Comment

2 cents on Rivers, guy is actually a pretty good QB. Not his fault his plays for a team that has no idea how to build around him, nor build a team in general. I mean this is the same team that fired an amazing coach like Marty Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season. Most of his career he has had a bad offensive line, no real wide outs to throw it too, and when he does have an above average wide out, that player gets hurt.

Antonio Gates is knocking on the doors of retirement and is still the best weapon for him.

Like I think if he played for a team like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Denver, Giants, Ravens, etc. He'd be at least a 2 time Super Bowl champion. I named those teams because those teams all have offensive weapons he could do great with, and when healthy good defenses.

In terms of the Elway-Rivers conversation. To an extend any conversation can be made about any QB, because they are QBs. Comparisons are used as a measurement in a lot of cases. Rivers isn't Elway and was never gonna be near what Elway was....because he's a Chargers not because of lack of skill.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X