Another Example of How Tom Brady is Overrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Example of How Tom Brady is Overrated

Pats fans are quick to label Brady "the GOAT" despite him not holding any NFL records, and the fact he was carried to 3 Super Bowl titles, and gifted 1 by Darrell Bevell. But those things aside, watching the Pats plug in another QB and keep going just proves the point that Tom Brady really has never been that good. He's a system QB, and the Pats get equal production from any Tom, Dick and Harry or in this case Matt, Jimmy and Jacoby they throw in there in his place.

If a player was really "the GOAT" shouldn't his team suffer a huge dropoff, or even the slightest dropoff, when he's removed? Instead that Pats continue on, at the same level as when Tawmmy is in there.

You could make a good argument for Belichick being the GOAT, because of the systems he's created and how he's able to continue on no matter who is in or out of the lineup. But because of that it just proves that Brady is an overrated system QB, in addition to be a known cheater.

Stop the nonsense. Brady is an all time great. Period. End of Story.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
      You have to be a great QB to play as long as he has, the point of this topic is that he's not nearly as good as Patriots fans act like he is. He's a QB who's played in a perfect system for him (nothing wrong with that) but the team has continued to win whenever they've been without him. If he were "the GOAT" the team wouldn't be able to sustain success without him.

Comment

You can make a very convincing argument that he is the greatest quarterback of all time.

It's just not fair to compare him to other quarterbacks by Super Bowl rings.

He has been blessed with teams (and opponents) that have enabled him to overcome when he has played poorly in playoff games.

The reason that Super Bowl against the Seahawks came down to the goal line play was because of how well the Patriots defense played in the fourth quarter.

4 and out
        3 and out
        3 and out

The Patriots this year are the same team they were with Brady.

The question that nobody can answer is why teams do such stupid things against the Patriots.

Manning had things like that happen to him in regular season often (Sage Rosenfels' helicopter play)

But in the playoffs, his teams often collapsed around him, or he ran into opponents on their best days.

See:

1) Lamar Smith gaining 200 yards in the 2000 game
        2) Mike Scifres playing the best punting game in NFL history in 2008
        3) Rahim Moore
        4) Two interceptions in the 2007 game against the Chargers that should have been completions.
        5) He didn't play badly in 2005 against Pittsburgh. The Steelers defense played well. After he made it 21-10, the Steelers offense responded by chewing 8 minutes off the fourth quarter clock. The pick that should been to Polamalu was a great play and also the result of being forced into something by desperation.

Comment

Heck,where is Aikman in the GOAT discussions? The guy "won" three Super Bowls, and could have won a fourth if the refs had called PI on Sanders like they should have in the 1994 NFC title game. (And if Switzer was not such a moron in that game twice).

Brady could easily have more Super Bowls. If not for some bad calls in 2006 (The offensive PI in the first half that sparked off the comeback. One of at least three bad calls in that game), he would have five rings. But again, the reason he was in that situation in the first place was because his team and his opponents (the Chargers) bailed him out when he had a bad game.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            Pats fans are quick to label Brady "the GOAT" despite him not holding any NFL records, and the fact he was carried to 3 Super Bowl titles, and gifted 1 by Darrell Bevell. But those things aside, watching the Pats plug in another QB and keep going just proves the point that Tom Brady really has never been that good. He's a system QB, and the Pats get equal production from any Tom, Dick and Harry or in this case Matt, Jimmy and Jacoby they throw in there in his place.

If a player was really "the GOAT" shouldn't his team suffer a huge dropoff, or even the slightest dropoff, when he's removed? Instead that Pats continue on, at the same level as when Tawmmy is in there.

You could make a good argument for Belichick being the GOAT, because of the systems he's created and how he's able to continue on no matter who is in or out of the lineup. But because of that it just proves that Brady is an overrated system QB, in addition to be a known cheater.
            A few years ago on NFL network, they were talking about how much difference does a great QB makes compared to an average QB. Kurt Warner said maybe 2 wins...3 at most.....the rest of the panel agreed. I agree. In 2008 with Matt Cassel Pats had a 5 win drop off.

In 2000, 2 years after Elway retired and very little production from Terrell Davis, Brian Griese led Broncos to 11 wins and a 102 QB rating. He threw only 4 int's, a statistical season Elway never approached.

49ers didn't lose a beat when Montana moved on.

When Roger Staubach retired the punter took over at QB for the Cowboys and went 12-4 in back to back seasons, a 1 game improvement.

I haven't seen much a drop off with Packers after Favre left.

Jay Fiedler took over Marino and instantly the Dolphins jumped 2 games in the standings going from 9-7 to 11-5. The next season Feidler again led them to 11-5

So far this year your Broncos are starting a no name QB after Manning retires.......so far Siemian looks better.

I think you need to find a different argument....this one is not working. Forget the hate, Brady is great..... best I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              I beg to differ, Brady could have been an all time great if he hadn't tainted his own legacy!

I wont blame him for spy gate but that in itself taints his legacy because we don't know how far back that went on for before they were caught but the fact is that they were caught...

I wont call him or the pats an all time great and it is not non sense it is fact that they tainted their own legacy!

Im sorry but I refuse to honor a team that has been caught cheating more than once during their time of glory at the top! IMO that is ludicrous to refer to them as such.
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-22-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

No what is hilarious is how you grasp at straws to find something that some how makes it ok that you cheat because "you do it to...." It's weak...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  I beg to differ, Brady could have been an all time great if he hadn't tainted his own legacy!

I wont blame him for spy gate but that in itself taints his legacy because we don't know how far back that went on for before they were caught but the fact is that they were caught...

I wont call him or the pats an all time great and it is not non sense it is fact that they tainted their own legacy!

Im sorry but I refuse to honor a team that has been caught cheating more than once during their time of glory at the top! IMO that is ludicrous to refer to them as such.
                  So you don't honor your Broncos championships from the 90's? They were caught cheating multiple times during that time. Hilarious how you guys make up your own rules but then you don't enforce them on your own team.

In honor of you, I've decided to not honor the Steelers dynasty as they were given illegal prescriptions for steroids.

Not honoring 49ers long run because if salary cap violations and Jerry Rice admitted to using stickum.

Not honoring Cowboys 90's dynasty since they were stealing signs and sending the live video feed to coaches booth.

Not honoring Broncos back to back titles because of their major salary cap violations and Vaseline violations....

Finally not honoring JJ Watt as best defensive player because he's a toolbag.

My rules, I make them up.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasOdds101 View Post
                    A few years ago on NFL network, they were talking about how much difference does a great QB makes compared to an average QB. Kurt Warner said maybe 2 wins...3 at most.....the rest of the panel agreed. I agree. In 2008 with Matt Cassel Pats had a 5 win drop off.

In 2000, 2 years after Elway retired and very little production from Terrell Davis, Brian Griese led Broncos to 11 wins and a 102 QB rating. He threw only 4 int's, a statistical season Elway never approached.

49ers didn't lose a beat when Montana moved on.

When Roger Staubach retired the punter took over at QB for the Cowboys and went 12-4 in back to back seasons, a 1 game improvement.

I haven't seen much a drop off with Packers after Favre left.

Jay Fiedler took over Marino and instantly the Dolphins jumped 2 games in the standings going from 9-7 to 11-5. The next season Feidler again led them to 11-5

So far this year your Broncos are starting a no name QB after Manning retires.......so far Siemian looks better.

I think you need to find a different argument....this one is not working. Forget the hate, Brady is great..... best I've ever seen.
                    You kidding right? Elway-you went 2years later...ummm that's not really how that works. Montana-had a hof QB take over from him, there wasn't a scrub back up.
                    Staubach was replaced by White, a third round pick to be a backup and punter. White had a great career too, the guy was no scrub not like cassel.
                    Marino-Fiedler did replace Marino... and had a defense with Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor(i.e. A stud defense). That kept them winning...
                    Farve- same thing as Montana. In fact these guys didn't retire, they were replaced, the coaching staff forced them out, not like Brady's injury.
                    Peyton-Actually your point proves his greatness your pats trolls even admit that last year was not the real Peyton. The defense is what beat your Brady. But look at the colts after Peyton left... your conveniently omitting that aren't you?! Plus Indy had time to plan for his leave... like every other QB your mentioning, Brady left for injury while in his prime and that was a shock. With no prep your pats still won 11 games.
                    So no this is still a valid argument.. You omitted facts about every QB retirement situation you used as proof. I still haven't brought up other points against your post. But please... keep acting like your not looking at this through pats tinted glasses...

Comment

I know a GOAT who's team wasn't able to sustain success without him.....

Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
                      Accept it or seek therapy !
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Carried to 3 superbowl tittles? Is that why Tom Brady has 3 Superbowl MVP's? Sweet logic, bro. Lol

Brady would have put up a lot more than 103 yards tonight. You haters are going to really crap yourself when he gets back. And I'm going to sit back and laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by ManningRules View Post
                          I know a GOAT who's team wasn't able to sustain success without him.....

So now beating the Cardinals, Dolphins and Texans is now "success "? Lol keep the laughs coming, kiddo.

Comment

Brady would have put up 40-50 points tonight. And so much for Denver's defense being the best. Have they shut anyone out yet? Lol keep grasping, fellas!

Comment

so the pats go 3-0 and this is all you can come up with? talk about insecurity...
                              Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

Working...
                              X