Rivers Is NOT Elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivers Is NOT Elite

Horrible season so far which has been littered with turnovers and interceptions including 4 today at home including the game losing interception against the all conquering Miami!!! that went for a TD
    When are chargers fans going to realize that this guy just isn't elite and not championship quality???

He passed all-time great John Elway in career TD passes. That has to mean something, right?

Right?

Comment

I'm not sure how you say Rivers isn't elite...
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

He's never won anything
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
          He's never won anything
          Neither did Marino or Fouts among others.

Comment

He's elite when he doesn't need to be.
            To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
              Marino won an AFC title and neither had a RB like LT
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Elite is defined as someone of the highest class. Rivers throws too many games that are on the line. This isn't anything new is it? I mean, he's been doing this for season after season.

As to the poster who mentioned that he passed elway for TD's, Maybe so, but Elway won when it mattered and was probably top 5 all time clutch QB's. I never recall him throwing multiple Int's with games on the line.

One QB is in the HOF. The other won't sniff the HOF.

Comment

He passed all-time great John Elway in career TD passes. That has to mean something, right?

Right?
                  Yep But I will add *Elway got hit all day and his WR were molested all the way down field for most of his career
                  True
                  They were also at some point in thier careers the best QB in the game and also did things that no QBs had done before them/record setters
                  Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                  He's elite when he doesn't need to be.
                  Very true
                  Last edited by Beagle; 11-13-2016, 05:57 PM.
                  Originally posted by baphamet
                  are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                    Marino won an AFC title and neither had a RB like LT
                    Ever see Tomlinson in the playoffs? Far different than regular season Tomlinson. It was a smack theme here for a while.

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    Yep But I will add *Elway got hit all day and his WR were molested all the way down field for most of his career

They were also at some point in thier careers the best QB in the game and also did things that no QBs had done before them/record setters
                    The Elway stat comparison was sarcastic. I'm surprised no one saw that.

I think he is elite, even if on the borderline looking in. Not many QBs have been as good as him during his 10 years. I can only pick 6 (whoops lol):

Brady
                    Peyton Manning
                    Aaron Rodgers
                    Drew Brees
                    Big Ben
                    Eli Manning

All 6 of those were on superior teams. Maybe Rivers needs a change of scenery.

Comment

Ever see Tomlinson in the playoffs? Far different than regular season Tomlinson. It was a smack theme here for a while.

I think he is elite, even if on the borderline looking in. Not many QBs have been as good as him during his 10 years. I can only pick 6 (whoops lol):

Brady
                      Peyton Manning
                      Aaron Rodgers
                      Drew Brees
                      Big Ben
                      Eli Manning

Well the team he inherited was stacked .Once he even managed not to make the playoffs with the number 1 defense and offense in the NFL. 2010 I think and you Forgot Romo who i would say is even with Rivers . But I would also say he has been elite when he had an elite cast around him.With out he is just very good

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?season...ype=&Submit=Go it was 2010
                      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Brady
                        Peyton Manning
                        Aaron Rodgers
                        Drew Brees
                        Big Ben
                        Eli Manning

superior teams wth?

LT hof
                        LO Neal...
                        Micheal turner
                        gates hof
                        VJ
                        Malcom Floyd
                        scifres
                        eric parker
                        marcus mcneil
                        nick hardwick
                        kris deilman
                        shaun merriman
                        jamal Williams

rivers has had some of the best rosters multiple years
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                          superior teams wth?

LT hof
                          LO Neal...
                          Micheal turner
                          gates hof
                          VJ
                          Malcom Floyd
                          scifres
                          eric parker
                          marcus mcneil
                          nick hardwick
                          kris deilman
                          shaun merriman
                          jamal Williams

rivers has had some of the best rosters multiple years
                          The best roster debate was used by ROD for years with his multiple Pro Bowlers talk, but at the end of the day he was shown why the team, not just Rivers, failed. Like Tomlinson under performing & Kaeding choking. That team lacked a lot more than a Rivers 4th quarter comeback. Coaching among other things. That's why he probably could use a change of scenery in his twilight. Now Rivers has been comical late in games in recent years, but he's still been an elite talent during his tenure. And for the record I'm not a fan of defending him but I think he gets more blame than he should.

Comment

The best roster debate was used by ROD for years with his multiple Pro Bowlers talk, but at the end of the day he was shown why the team, not just Rivers, failed. Like Tomlinson under performing & Kaeding choking. That team lacked a lot more than a Rivers 4th quarter comeback. Coaching among other things. That's why he probably could use a change of scenery in his twilight. Now Rivers has been comical late in games in recent years, but he's still been an elite talent during his tenure. And for the record I'm not a fan of defending him but I think he gets more blame than he should.
                            If he gets the credit they try to give him he deserves the blame too

Comment

Right?

Dan Reeves was Elway's kryptonite as far as his passing stats go.

Elway said himself that if not for Reeves' coaching style/play calling that his passing stats (yards, completions, TDs, etc.) should have rivaled Marino's.
                              Last edited by Mel B.; 11-15-2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X