To rival fans of the Raiders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    "The fact they are the only one's successful and mirror us in success" irritates me.

We mirror you in success?

So, your team is making the playoffs for the first time in how long?

Meanwhile....

Broncos - AFCCG 2005
    Broncos AFC West Champs 2011-2015
    Broncos AFC Champs 2013
    Broncos Super Bowl Champs 2015

Sorry, you're team is NOT mirroring the Broncos success. Are you on the come up again? Yup. Are you there yet? Absolutely not!
    The NFL didn't start in 2011. Unless you're one of the 40% Sam was talking about. Remember the Raiders were the SOLE kings of this division historically for 36 years until 9 months ago. As for the other stats:

Wins: Den (463) vs Oak (452)
    Playoff wins: Den (23) vs Oak (25)
    Division Titles: 15 a piece
    Conference titles: Den (8) vs Oak (5)
    Playoff seasons: Den (22) vs Oak (21)
    Hall of Famers: Not fair

It took a LONG time of our absolute suckage for you to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
      Congratulations that Derek Carr is not JaMarcus Russell 2.0
      ***2007 Number ONE Overall NFL Draft Pick***
      We should use JaMarcus come Week 17. Then victory is truly ours.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        The NFL didn't start in 2011. Unless you're one of the 40% Sam was talking about. Remember the Raiders were the SOLE kings of this division historically for 36 years until 9 months ago. As for the other stats:

Exactly this

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
          That movie was so awesome.

Doesn't Carr kind of remind you of Billy Zane?
          Idk maybe around the eyes because they both look like mimes.

Comment

My statement is pretty accurate when it comes to that in fact it may even be higher with the popularity of the league and fantasy football now days.

You may have Denver on that one since the league always seems to black ball our top players and it's not bias because the stat sheets speak for themselves when it comes to guys like Mecklenburg, Gradishar, Rich Jackson etc.

Well that could had been to poor management and guys choosing the NFL over the AFC. They have always been the raiders and a part of the AFC but they stood out/attractive to free agents due to reputation.

Also once the the rest of the league caught up to you guys and even the teams with poor management, seemed to have out classed the Raiders at times in the last 30 years. They've always had Al Davis I don't know what happened there. IMO he was a passionate owner so he should've kept his team relevant but who knows.

What's really crazy is you guys could've had John Elway and most likely would have if Al Davis wasn't engaged in a court battle with the NFL.
            Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-23-2016, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately I remember, even with Elway the Raiders had our number up until Mike Shannahan was hired as head coach in 95. I worked in a metal factory in Gilroy,CA and the place was full of Raider fans. They use to post Raider victories up where you would punch in for work. And they all new I was a Bronco fan and reminded me we sucked all the time. October 16th 1995 Denver beat Oakland on Monday night Football 27-0. I went in early the next day and copied the front page of the San Jose Mercury News showing Anthony Miller catching a td and above saying 27-0! I posted it everywhere in that building it was awesome. And Denver went on to win week 17 at home vs Oakland completing the sweep.
              But before that night I just remember Elway running for his life from Howie Long, Greg Townsend, and Anthony Smith. I really hope the Sunday night loss earlier this year by Oakland is not a passing of the torch.
              sigpic

Comment

Here are some more stats:

From 1960 to 2016 records:

Denver 463 wins - 389 losses - 10 ties for a winning pct. of .543

OAKLAND 452 wins -399 losses - 11 ties for a winning pct. of .531

AFC WEST TITLES:
                DENVER - 15
                OAKLAND - 15

PLAYOFF BERTHS:
                DENVER - 23
                Oakland - 18

AFL CHAMPIOSHIPS:
                OAKLAND - 1
                DENVER - 0

AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS
                :
                DENVER - 8
                OAKLAND- 4

SUPERBOWLS WINS:
                DENVER - 3
                OAKLAND - 3

BTW I like how Raider fans pump their chests out about having more Hall of Famers, yep you have more HOF's but Denver has won just as much with less talent....
                Last edited by 58Miller; 11-23-2016, 08:19 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Hardly. Been a fan for over 35 years. Thought he was talking about recently the way he posted. Just glad our rivalry means something again. It's been rather dull lately.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    Unfortunately I remember, even with Elway the Raiders had our number up until Mike Shannahan was hired as head coach in 95. I worked in a metal factory in Gilroy,CA and the place was full of Raider fans. They use to post Raider victories up where you would punch in for work. And they all new I was a Bronco fan and reminded me we sucked all the time. October 16th 1995 Denver beat Oakland on Monday night Football 27-0. I went in early the next day and copied the front page of the San Jose Mercury News showing Anthony Miller catching a td and above saying 27-0! I posted it everywhere in that building it was awesome. And Denver went on to win week 17 at home vs Oakland completing the sweep.
                    But before that night I just remember Elway running for his life from Howie Long, Greg Townsend, and Anthony Smith. I really hope the Sunday night loss earlier this year by Oakland is not a passing of the torch.
                    I don't believe that to be the case at all and I know everybody is high on Siemian, I'm high on Siemian but we're gonna have a pretty good quarterback in Paxton lynch.

Lynch very athletic, mobile and accurate, so there's gonna be some competitive battles for the next 10 to 15 years to come.

I welcome the challenge it's gonna make for some very exciting football and a new era in the Broncos Raiders rivalry.

BTW this is what the Broncos found in the center of their locker room this morning. To remind them what it is all about and what they are playing for.

I'm telling you guys if our offense gets it together, we're going to have a fourth one in here very soon. Very soon!

Comment

Actually looking at that picture makes me think that it should motivate John Elway and Gary Kubiak into doing something about Rick Dennison and Clancy Baronne and the ridiculous schemes that they are obsessively attempting to employing.

Why don't they bump Emmanuel Sanders to the slot and give Jordan Taylor more playing time at wide out creating some serious mismatches along with changing up the scheme up a little bit.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                        I don't believe that to be the case at all and I know everybody is high on Siemian, I'm high on Siemian but we're gonna have a pretty good quarterback in Paxton lynch.

Lynch very athletic, mobile and accurate, so there's gonna be some competitive battles for the next 10 to 15 years to come.

I welcome the challenge it's gonna make for some very exciting football and a new era in the Broncos Raiders rivalry.

BTW this is what the Broncos found in the center of their locker room this morning. To remind them what it is all about and what they are playing for.

I'm telling you guys if our offense gets it together, we're going to have a fourth one in here very soon. Very soon!
                        Gotta spread it before giving it to Sam Z again. Nice!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                          Actually looking at that picture makes me think that it should motivate John Elway and Gary Kubiak into doing something about Rick Dennison and Clancy Baronne and the ridiculous schemes that they are obsessively attempting to employing.

Why don't they bump Emmanuel Sanders to the slot and give Jordan Taylor more playing time at wide out creating some serious mismatches along with changing up the scheme up a little bit.

Just my opinion.
                          I would love that as well. We need more of a slot presence. Taylor can ball and he's not used nearly enough.

Comment

The sole kings of this division for 36 years? lol The Chiefs and broncos would disagree..Seahawks and Chargers have all won the division in that time frame too.If youre talking about having more Championship rings the Chiefs won a superbowl 7 years before the raiders did. So if that was your criteria wouldn't that make them the Sole Kings of the division for the first 17 years of the AFC west?..Seriously that assumption is just a Joke.

If you really want to go there no matter what the Broncos do they are now the SOLE kings of this division and will be until the raiders win another or get ahead of us. Our back to back pair and the single trump your 3 single championships that cant be argued .Not to mention this
                            Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

Here are some more stats:

From 1960 to 2016 records:

Denver 463 wins - 389 losses - 10 ties for a winning pct. of .543

OAKLAND 452 wins -399 losses - 11 ties for a winning pct. of .531

AFC WEST TITLES:
                            DENVER - 15
                            OAKLAND - 15

PLAYOFF BERTHS:
                            DENVER - 23
                            Oakland - 18

AFL CHAMPIOSHIPS:
                            OAKLAND - 1
                            DENVER - 0

AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS
                            :
                            DENVER - 8
                            OAKLAND- 4

SUPERBOWLS WINS:
                            DENVER - 3
                            OAKLAND - 3

BTW I like how Raider fans pump their chests out about having more Hall of Famers, yep you have more HOF's but Denver has won just as much with less talent....
                            The AFC West is currently ours and has been for about 5 years if you take it this year I will tip my cap.

As for as how long it took us to catch up...We gave you a 17 years of suckage head start and caught up in 11
                            Last edited by Beagle; 11-23-2016, 10:25 AM.
                            Originally posted by baphamet
                            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              The sole kings of this division for 36 years? lol The Chiefs and broncos would disagree as a matter of fact the Chiefs won a superbowl 7 years before the raiders did. So if that was your criteria wouldn't that make them the Sole Kings of the division for the first 17 years of the AFC west?..Seriously that assumption is just a Joke. Not to mention this The AFC West is currently ours and has been for about 5 years if you take it this year I will tip my cap.

As for as how long it took us to catch up...We gave you a 17 years of suckage head start and caught up in 11
                              Don't get me started about the HOF stuff. We all know the inherent bias there.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                                Don't get me started about the HOF stuff. We all know the inherent bias there.

Beagle has serious point because DS said that it took us 30 years to catch up to them but he's only saying because Denvet just got their third Super Bowl victory OK fine but yet the Broncos have been relevant since 1995. That relevance lasted until about 2006 2007 when Shanahan's coaching started going downhill but up until that point we were always relevant.

A short time later starting in 2011 the Broncos became a far superior team than almost any other team in the league and we've been that way over the AFC West ever since.

It's crazy to think about it and it also amazes me that nobody realizes that Peyton Manning and the Broncos did not lose a divisional road game during Peyton Manning's career as a Denver bronco.

It's still pains me to think about the Hall of Fame by us but that's OK because the whole HOF thing mean squat when look at Denver's winning percentage over the last 20 to 25 years and that speaks for itself.

Thats all we need, we don't need our players in their bias Hall of Fame. Our boys stand alone on another level anyway!

Comment

Working...
                                X