X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    The NFL didn't start in 2011. Unless you're one of the 40% Sam was talking about. Remember the Raiders were the SOLE kings of this division historically for 36 years until 9 months ago. As for the other stats:
    My statement is pretty accurate when it comes to that in fact it may even be higher with the popularity of the league and fantasy football now days.

Wins: Den (463) vs Oak (452)
    Playoff wins: Den (23) vs Oak (25)
    Division Titles: 15 a piece
    Conference titles: Den (8) vs Oak (5)
    Playoff seasons: Den (22) vs Oak (21)
    Hall of Famers: Not fair
    You may have Denver on that one since the league always seems to black ball our top players and it's not bias because the stat sheets speak for themselves when it comes to guys like Mecklenburg, Gradishar, Rich Jackson etc.

It took a LONG time of our absolute suckage for you to catch up.
    Well that could had been to poor management and guys choosing the NFL over the AFC. They have always been the raiders and a part of the AFC but they stood out/attractive to free agents due to reputation.

Also once the the rest of the league caught up to you guys and even the teams with poor management, seemed to have out classed the Raiders at times in the last 30 years. They've always had Al Davis I don't know what happened there. IMO he was a passionate owner so he should've kept his team relevant but who knows.

What's really crazy is you guys could've had John Elway and most likely would have if Al Davis wasn't engaged in a court battle with the NFL.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-23-2016, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    That movie was so awesome.

Doesn't Carr kind of remind you of Billy Zane?
    Idk maybe around the eyes because they both look like mimes.

Leave a comment:

• RaiderFanSD
    replied
    The NFL didn't start in 2011. Unless you're one of the 40% Sam was talking about. Remember the Raiders were the SOLE kings of this division historically for 36 years until 9 months ago. As for the other stats:

Exactly this

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Congratulations that Derek Carr is not JaMarcus Russell 2.0
    ***2007 Number ONE Overall NFL Draft Pick***
    We should use JaMarcus come Week 17. Then victory is truly ours.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    "The fact they are the only one's successful and mirror us in success" irritates me.

We mirror you in success?

So, your team is making the playoffs for the first time in how long?

Meanwhile....

Broncos - AFCCG 2005
    Broncos AFC West Champs 2011-2015
    Broncos AFC Champs 2013
    Broncos Super Bowl Champs 2015

Sorry, you're team is NOT mirroring the Broncos success. Are you on the come up again? Yup. Are you there yet? Absolutely not!

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    I dislike the Chargers and Chiefs, they're whatever to me.. But I absolutely hate the Broncos. The fact that they are the only ones who have been successful and mirror us in success, irritates me. I will say that I do have a ton respect(like it matters) for their franchise and fans. The fact that there's like a 20 year waiting list for season tickets says enough. And the folks on the Chargers board are a bit sensitive and those on chiefsplanet are giant asses.. Small sample size but still. Most here are pretty objective even with solid raider hater bias
    "The fact they are the only one's successful and mirror us in success" irritates me.

We mirror you in success?

So, your team is making the playoffs for the first time in how long?

Meanwhile....

Broncos - AFCCG 2005
    Broncos AFC West Champs 2011-2015
    Broncos AFC Champs 2013
    Broncos Super Bowl Champs 2015

Sorry, you're team is NOT mirroring the Broncos success. Are you on the come up again? Yup. Are you there yet? Absolutely not!
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-23-2016, 04:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    Congratulations that Derek Carr is not JaMarcus Russell 2.0
    ***2007 Number ONE Overall NFL Draft Pick***

Just remember Carr is under contract for this '16 season and next year's '17 season only
    which means time is running out and he's going to want franchise QB money.

Good luck keeping QB Carr, WR Cooper, LB/DE Mack, current high priced FAs, etc.

Hopefully Oakland or Las Vegas or wherever the Raiders end up at...
    will have a smart GM like Elway to navigate the cap.

Congratulations on not sucking...feels good, right?!

Leave a comment:

• RaiderFanSD
    replied
    I dislike the Chargers and Chiefs, they're whatever to me.. But I absolutely hate the Broncos. The fact that they are the only ones who have been successful and mirror us in success, irritates me. I will say that I do have a ton respect(like it matters) for their franchise and fans. The fact that there's like a 20 year waiting list for season tickets says enough. And the folks on the Chargers board are a bit sensitive and those on chiefsplanet are giant asses.. Small sample size but still. Most here are pretty objective even with solid raider hater bias

Leave a comment:

• RaiderFanSD
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    I hate the Raiders as a division rival, but Carr I don't really have any hatred towards......yet. I think once he rips our hearts out a couple times definitely. For now he's a good young Qb, but both our losses last couple seasons was due to our offense doing nothing and /or being stopped.
    Denver has kept Carr in check for the most part.
    We still got one more game to play maybe 2 this year.
    Yeah you guys have gotten the best of him for sure. Him being good will get us wins outside of the division regardless

Leave a comment:

• RaiderFanSD
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    I actually kind of like the Kid and yes he is getting very good but that line gets a bunch of the credit for keeping him very clean. Congratulations on not sucking I guess :p
    That's actually part of it too. The guy is extremely likable. It would frustrate me even more as an opposing fan cuz I couldn't hate him so easily lol. He's not like Rodgers who is apparently a jerk. He's like Tebow but good lol

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Us? A business trip?

Never. We'll see you Week 17 which I think the fate of the three AFC west teams will be on the line. We may have some wacky tiebreakers on tap.
    I hope youre right.Its always better when you earn something.I have enjoyed the last 5 years but I feel like it really wasn't a big deal winning the west at the same time

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    My fellow bronco fans probably won't agree but you guys have had a tough road the last 14 years puff your chests out and enjoy the moment, if you been Raiders fans your whole life you deserve it, just promise when Denver gets revenge week 17 you guys will show up.
    Us? A business trip?

Never. We'll see you Week 17 which I think the fate of the three AFC west teams will be on the line. We may have some wacky tiebreakers on tap.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    My fellow bronco fans probably won't agree but you guys have had a tough road the last 14 years puff your chests out and enjoy the moment, if you been Raiders fans your whole life you deserve it, just promise when Denver gets revenge week 17 you guys will show up.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Well then riddle me this donko fans.

Does it feel great to get a free win handed to you by the refs?

HELL YES IT DOES!

After 15 years of the Tuck Rule, each call should've come with an apology and free cupcakes and an explanation of why it took this long!

But naturally the game was given to us because Hopkins' touchdown would've given Houston 24, which is more than 27.

And naturally Brock Osweiler would've taken the correct calls and without question lead the Texans to the go ahead score, because that's what he does.

And naturally Carr would've choked in the 4th quarter, again, because that's what he does.

I wish I could come on here and whine and cry and pout on the game being given to us. I really wish I could. But I can't.

I've got one word for this SpotGate & ShoeGate II and Bill O'Brien masterful game planning at the end: Tough!
    I think the refs felt bad for Carr because his receivers kept dropping the ball!.....I think that's why he started throwing to his backs...lol!

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    Sorry that you have to face Derek Carr for a decade plus. The guy is only in his 3rd year and is becoming an absolute monster and is incredibly clutch on top of it all. Its always easier to maintain a winning franchise when you have an elite QB and Carr will be one very soon.

Can't be fun to imagine as opposing fans. Y'all gonna hate him
    I hate the Raiders as a division rival, but Carr I don't really have any hatred towards......yet. I think once he rips our hearts out a couple times definitely. For now he's a good young Qb, but both our losses last couple seasons was due to our offense doing nothing and /or being stopped.
    Denver has kept Carr in check for the most part.
    We still got one more game to play maybe 2 this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X