To rival fans of the Raiders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    The sole kings of this division for 36 years? lol The Chiefs and broncos would disagree..Seahawks Charger have all won the division but if youre talking about having more Championship rings the Chiefs won a superbowl 7 years before the raiders did. So if that was your criteria wouldn't that make them the Sole Kings of the division for the first 17 years of the AFC west?..Seriously that assumption is just a Joke. Especially since we have won this division 13 times since 1980 and you guy have won it 5 times in that same span..
    The Chiefs Superbowl was included in my calculation.

The Raiders won their second Superbowl in 1981. No other team in the division had as many or more until 2016. So I'm off 1 year, we've been kings of the division for 35 years. And no the NFL did not begin in 1980.

Not to mention this The AFC West is currently ours and has been for about 5 years if you take it this year I will tip my cap.
    Never argued this

As for as how long it took us to catch up...We gave you a 17 years of suckage head start and caught up in 11
    17 years? You can keep that record.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      Beagle has serious point because DS said that it took us 30 years to catch up to them but he's only saying because Denvet just got their third Super Bowl victory OK fine but yet the Broncos have been relevant since 1995. That relevance lasted until about 2006 2007 when Shanahan's coaching started going downhill but up until that point we were always relevant.
      Your definition of relevant is different than mine. I would say your first 17 and our last 12 define irrelevance.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        Unfortunately I remember, even with Elway the Raiders had our number up until Mike Shannahan was hired as head coach in 95. I worked in a metal factory in Gilroy,CA and the place was full of Raider fans. They use to post Raider victories up where you would punch in for work. And they all new I was a Bronco fan and reminded me we sucked all the time. October 16th 1995 Denver beat Oakland on Monday night Football 27-0. I went in early the next day and copied the front page of the San Jose Mercury News showing Anthony Miller catching a td and above saying 27-0! I posted it everywhere in that building it was awesome. And Denver went on to win week 17 at home vs Oakland completing the sweep.
        But before that night I just remember Elway running for his life from Howie Long, Greg Townsend, and Anthony Smith. I really hope the Sunday night loss earlier this year by Oakland is not a passing of the torch.
        Please don't mention Anthony Smith. I think Townsend sacked Elway the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          I don't believe that to be the case at all and I know everybody is high on Siemian, I'm high on Siemian but we're gonna have a pretty good quarterback in Paxton lynch.

Lynch very athletic, mobile and accurate, so there's gonna be some competitive battles for the next 10 to 15 years to come.

I welcome the challenge it's gonna make for some very exciting football and a new era in the Broncos Raiders rivalry.

BTW this is what the Broncos found in the center of their locker room this morning. To remind them what it is all about and what they are playing for.

I'm telling you guys if our offense gets it together, we're going to have a fourth one in here very soon. Very soon!
          You'll get lucky and get Tony Romo for a few games next year.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
            You'll get lucky and get Tony Romo for a few games next year.
            That by no means would be luck, that would be a nightmare my opinion.

The guy is made of glass not much I can say about it, his health issues speaks for itself.

there is no way that Romo next year will be better than Paxton lynch I can almost guarantee that.

Comment

The Chiefs Superbowl was included in my calculation.

The Raiders won their second Superbowl in 1981. No other team in the division had as many or more until 2016. So I'm off 1 year, we've been kings of the division for 35 years. And no the NFL did not begin in 1980.

Never argued this

17 years? You can keep that record.
              even if you did figure it in The calculations are crap. They didn't win the west 17 years in a row, No imaginary title like "sole kings of this division" is going to stick anywhere but in your mind
              Last edited by Beagle; 11-23-2016, 12:57 PM.
              Originally posted by baphamet
              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Please don't mention Anthony Smith. I think Townsend sacked Elway the most.
                I grew up in Northern California so I would always get hyped for the Broncos vs Raiders games cause they were on tv (no direct tv)
                But usually it would involve heartache watching Schroeder and then later Hostettler carve us up and BO Jackson was a nightmare along with Allen in the late 80's. Then I had to go to school Monday
                Things got a lot better in 1995.
                sigpic

Comment

We should use JaMarcus come Week 17. Then victory is truly ours.
                  Fortunately for OAK, they could re-sign him for peanuts (league min) instead
                  of ***2007 Number ONE Overall NFL Draft Pick***

However with our stout D...totally different game and possible outcome.

Comment

Raiders QB Derek Carr is first player in NFL history with 5 game-winning TD passes in the 4th-quarter/OT in a season

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                      Raiders QB Derek Carr is first player in NFL history with 5 game-winning TD passes in the 4th-quarter/OT in a season

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                        Lame

But yeah, get used to hating him, you'll see him for a looooong time. And very soon he'll be one of the faces of the NFL and that'll be annoying for rival fans

Comment

Lame

But yeah, get used to hating him, you'll see him for a looooong time. And very soon he'll be one of the faces of the NFL and that'll be annoying for rival fans
                          honestly, i like carr and it could not be as annoying as seeing manning in every single commerical known to man.

Comment

Lame

I thought he was the face of the band KISS....

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                              I thought he was the face of the band KISS....
                              Lol nicee.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                                honestly, i like carr and it could not be as annoying as seeing manning in every single commerical known to man.
                                Yeah he's a likeable dude. It would frustrate me even more haha

Comment

Working...
                                X