X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    Sorry that you have to face Derek Carr for a decade plus. The guy is only in his 3rd year and is becoming an absolute monster and is incredibly clutch on top of it all. Its always easier to maintain a winning franchise when you have an elite QB and Carr will be one very soon.

Can't be fun to imagine as opposing fans. Y'all gonna hate him
    I actually kind of like the Kid and yes he is getting very good but that line gets a bunch of the credit for keeping him very clean. Congratulations on not sucking I guess :p

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Class? To ask for a little debate in smack? You're new so you don't get it, but as for why we hang out here... don't worry about it. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen you in these parts yet you're questioning fans who have been here longer?

Mods, it looks like we have someone here who wants to terminate this portion of your great forum. Shall we take a vote?

There always has to be one bad apple who talks crap about smack.

Leave a comment:

• darth-hideous
    replied
    15 years of top draft picks, they were bound to put together a good team sooner or later.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    I think Derek is a very good young qb. But, I'd like to wait and see what he does when he has a line and supporting cast like Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck.

Leave a comment:

• RaiderFanSD
    replied
    Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
    Maybe so... but I don't understand the thrill of smack talk. It just reeks of desperation and lack of class. I feel the same way about athletes who do it. REAL winners don't indulge in it. My son played football for years. Whenever he'd get too cocky I'd remind him that the true greats of the game didn't/don't talk smack. Their PLAY did all of the talking. Let your team keep playing well and revel in the glory of that. Why trash talk teams that aren't doing as well? I just don't get it.

TJ Ward and Brandon Marshall should take your advice!

I'm just a fan. You're basically telling your Bronco brethren who participate in here the same

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    It was. I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with the NFL because of the poor officiating, complex rules, and non-stop commercial barrage. It's getting beyond frustrating and at some point my interest in the sport will be (or already has been) diminished. Oakland got a gift last night and should be feeling pretty lucky.
    What can I say? Christmas is a month early.

Also... I don't understand why a Raider fan would hang out on the Broncos board. I've never hung out on a Raider, or Patriot, etc board. I guess that some people like rubbing things in. That's fine. Carr is proving to be a great QB and I've liked him since day one. But remember this... THE BRONCOS WON SUPERBOWL 50, and not the Raiders.
    I know, we congratulated you 9 months ago and I personally challenged you guys to be the first to 4 rings before us, since we're BOTH franchises with 3 world titles. But a couple Sundays ago, you being the Superbowl champs slipped our minds.

It is QUITE entertaining how they've sucked for SO long, but stick out their chests like they've been dominant after half of a good season. Raider Nation just keeps on earning their well-deserved reputation for lacking any class whatsoever. They seem to be quite proud of that.
    Class? To ask for a little debate in smack? You're new so you don't get it, but as for why we hang out here... don't worry about it. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen you in these parts yet you're questioning fans who have been here longer?

Maybe so... but I don't understand the thrill of smack talk. It just reeks of desperation and lack of class.
    Mods, it looks like we have someone here who wants to terminate this portion of your great forum. Shall we take a vote?

I feel the same way about athletes who do it. REAL winners don't indulge in it. My son played football for years. Whenever he'd get too cocky I'd remind him that the true greats of the game didn't/don't talk smack. Their PLAY did all of the talking. Let your team keep playing well and revel in the glory of that. Why trash talk teams that aren't doing as well? I just don't get it.
    It's fun. It's different when you're a competitor, but fans can talk trash about something that barely impacts their lives if at all because it's fun to engage. Heck you may meet some cool friends along the way like I have.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    But lets not forget that they lost that super bowl 14 years ago when they were supposedly "relevant".

So with that said, they really haven't been relevant since 1983 when they last won a super bowl more than 30 years ago. About 40% of today's NFL fans in here weren't even alive yet.
    All we were doing was waiting for you to catch up. It took you 33 years to catch up to us. 33. And this was with Elway a LOT of those years. Half of those skulls on our logos were of fans waiting for you to get to our franchise's level.

Besides, your math is off. Going by that, the Broncos relevancy started in 1998, lasted a couple seasons and came back in 2013.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Really so you share barph opinion on this play where will parks ran the ball down the sideline for a two point conversion?

I posted this picture about a week ago asking him what happened to the rest of Will parks foot and why does it look Photoshopped and you know what? Barph never even showed up to respond.
    He probably did step out of bounds. The evidence is inconclusive. So if it was called out of bounds on the field, they wouldn't have overturned it.

whaaaaa?

From different camera angles it can be seen that his foot was in bounds. He never stepped out of bounds, not once and there was a referee right in front of him the whole way.

With Oakland last night it was clear and everybody can see that, that was a first down and it was a first down on two separate attempts by Houston. Those first Downs were not denied by the Raiders but denied by the referees.

And what's worse is it was not only a nationally televised game it was a game seen around the world and I think the NFL didn't do themselves any justice or favors by showing the rest of the world how corrupt and twisted they actually are.

Imagine the no fun league in the same light as the WWE, nothing more than a set up, just a bunch of BS.
    Hasn't it crossed your mind yet that instead of the game being fixed, the referees are idiots? As for no fun, Olawale's and Cooper's big plays were tons of fun. I think the Texans linebacker slid back to the United States on that Cooper go ahead TD.

That is what it look like last night, Houston was robbed. Maybe Oakland would had beaten them but the officials didn't let that happen. That referee should've given Oakland the chance to beat Houston as opposes to taking the game from them themselves.
    I'm not being sarcastic, but with the BS plays I've seen in my lifetime that have eliminated our team from the playoffs, I can't care about it. I do say the two spots were horrendous but.. oh well.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Keep in mind winning teams don't generally have $50 million in cap room year after year, the Raiders are going to have to give out contracts to their young players, which means they'll have tough decisions to make. Can McKenzie draft and develop an o-line?
    We'll see, but he's not losing everyone. He's been good, if TOO cheap thus far.

Leave a comment:

• Red_Label
    replied
    I've posted here for years, even more so when we were especially garbage. This is the smack section dude, I'm not chillin in your game day threads
    Maybe so... but I don't understand the thrill of smack talk. It just reeks of desperation and lack of class. I feel the same way about athletes who do it. REAL winners don't indulge in it. My son played football for years. Whenever he'd get too cocky I'd remind him that the true greats of the game didn't/don't talk smack. Their PLAY did all of the talking. Let your team keep playing well and revel in the glory of that. Why trash talk teams that aren't doing as well? I just don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• RaiderFanSD
    replied
    I've posted here for years, even more so when we were especially garbage. This is the smack section dude, I'm not chillin in your game day threads

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    It was. I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with the NFL because of the poor officiating, complex rules, and non-stop commercial barrage. It's getting beyond frustrating and at some point my interest in the sport will be (or already has been) diminished. Oakland got a gift last night and should be feeling pretty lucky.

Also... I don't understand why a Raider fan would hang out on the Broncos board. I've never hung out on a Raider, or Patriot, etc board. I guess that some people like rubbing things in. That's fine. Carr is proving to be a great QB and I've liked him since day one. But remember this... THE BRONCOS WON SUPERBOWL 50, and not the Raiders.
    Cause Oakland looks like they'll be above .500 for the first time since 2002, so you have to go show spout off to fans of a team that's been in 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Sorry that you have to face Derek Carr for a decade plus. The guy is only in his 3rd year and is becoming an absolute monster and is incredibly clutch on top of it all. Its always easier to maintain a winning franchise when you have an elite QB and Carr will be one very soon.

Can't be fun to imagine as opposing fans. Y'all gonna hate him
    Keep in mind winning teams don't generally have $50 million in cap room year after year, the Raiders are going to have to give out contracts to their young players, which means they'll have tough decisions to make. Can McKenzie draft and develop an o-line?

As far as elite QBs go, Aaron Rodgers has been considered the best QB in the NFL for 6 or 7 years now, they've been to one Super Bowl, and have been regressing the last few years. An elite QB is great, but that guarantees nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Haha Powers Booth in tombstone! :thumb:
    That movie was so awesome.

Doesn't Carr kind of remind you of Billy Zane?

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

Prettiest man I ever saw.
    Haha Powers Booth in tombstone! :thumb:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X