Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Opinion: Pats fans most annoying when posting on other team message boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    A blind rat finds cheese every once in a while, I suppose.

Yep, that's why he got that 1 win. First team to ever beat Brady in a regular season game, first team to ever beat Brady in the playoffs, the only team Brady has a losing record against.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by duhyaj View Post
    I completely agree. My homerism makes me say Elway is the greatest and I don't care about stats, but if we are talking stats he led the all time numbers in wins, passing yards, touchdowns and a couple other stats when he retired. Does that mean the others past him are better in a new system of passing league... not sure.

The only guy I think that not one person could argue being the greatest of all time, is Jerry Rive in football. Beyond that you would be hard pressed besides Micheal Jordan in Basketball to fine a clear cut greatest of all time.

I hate Brady but I would have him in Denver 5 years ago, if it was him that was unceremoniously cut by his team instead of Peyton. I also think he is very good at his type of QB play, many try to play the dink and dunk and an occasional deep shot and it gets shut down, so they do something right up there. That being said I can't stand Brady. And would put him in the top 5-10 like you suggested easily.
    Wayne Gretzky is the greatest of all time in any sport. If they took away every single goal he ever scored, his assists would still make him the all-time point leader in NHL history. He retired in 1999 and still holds 60 NHL records.

Leave a comment:

• TommyBrady12
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Greatest QB ever went 1-3 vs the Broncos in the playoffs and Peyton Manning owns a 3-1 record vs Brady in AFC Championship Games.
    I guess the Broncos are pretty good with those numbers vs your Best Ever!
    A blind rat finds cheese every once in a while, I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-best-ever/

According to the poll at the bottom of the article, nearly 75% say Brady is the best ever to play his position. Almost 12,000 people across the nation have voted already.
    Greatest QB ever went 1-3 vs the Broncos in the playoffs and Peyton Manning owns a 3-1 record vs Brady in AFC Championship Games.
    I guess the Broncos are pretty good with those numbers vs your Best Ever!

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• duhyaj
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I don't think anyone can ever successfully argue who the greatest player of all time is, too many eras, too many variables and too many categories. Are we judging championships? Because then Terry Bradshaw is one of the best ever (he's not!). Stats? Cause that would say Manning is the best ever. Wins? Cause that overvalues a QBs role in many situations.

I think the more accurate thing is to argue who is in the group of the 5-10 best ever, but trying to argue one over the other is a fool's errand. But I would agree that Brady is in that group of 10.
    I completely agree. My homerism makes me say Elway is the greatest and I don't care about stats, but if we are talking stats he led the all time numbers in wins, passing yards, touchdowns and a couple other stats when he retired. Does that mean the others past him are better in a new system of passing league... not sure.

The only guy I think that not one person could argue being the greatest of all time, is Jerry Rive in football. Beyond that you would be hard pressed besides Micheal Jordan in Basketball to fine a clear cut greatest of all time.

I hate Brady but I would have him in Denver 5 years ago, if it was him that was unceremoniously cut by his team instead of Peyton. I also think he is very good at his type of QB play, many try to play the dink and dunk and an occasional deep shot and it gets shut down, so they do something right up there. That being said I can't stand Brady. And would put him in the top 5-10 like you suggested easily.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    I can agree with what you said except the Bradshaw thing. Terry Bradshaw called his own plays..every pass,every run every screen that the steelers offense ran and the personel on and off the field those calls were made by Terry Bradshaw every one of them.His stats were not great all the time but are very very comparable to other HOFers from that era
    A lot of QBs back in that era called their own plays. It wasn't uncommon. The remarkable thing for Bradshaw though is that he managed to do it cause he doesn't seem smart enough to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Look at his year to year stats, he has no business in the HOF.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    The pats forum does not have a smack talk section. That's why I come here. It's boring talking with pats fans all the time.

As for the moderators, it just feels deceptive to have them change the thread title. If they want to participate in smack talk, fine, but changing another poster's own words? Let me be clear, it's fine for them to do it when a thread title is offensive. However, it is not warranted here.
    Oh come on there's no harm in it and I t gets under your skin and that's the point of the smack section. Youve got to appreciate it for what it is.

Anyway I understand how you feel about the Pats forum it's kind a lame that they don't have a smack section but could you imagine if they did, all the hate they would be receiving over scandals that the patriots of been accused of throughout the years.

I guess you can't fault them for that or just avoiding conflict of interest.

Leave a comment:

• TommyBrady12
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I'm actually pretty amused with that, it's great that our moderators are open to participating and things like that to get under your skin.

It's like the referees/officials working against you guys In a game or the school principal jumping into The fight and kicking you guys between the legs. LOL

I'm not even sure the patriots have a fan forum, do they have a big enough fan base to support the fan forum like this?

if so maybe you could encourage the moderators there to participate in threads made by other teams fans however I don't see any other team fans wanting to spend any time there so that might be an unlikely scenario.

BTW we don't mind other teams fans that's why the organization invites them to post here but we appreciate Fans that have something of significance to post.

You guys do nothing but constantly troll, I mean you came in here with this ridiculous poll using up bandwith and space to give us a ridiculous poll that was taken by what are most likely street walkers at a local mall in the New England area.

If you wanted a true football fans opinion all you had to do was ask us. All you had to do was start a poll in here, there's enough New England fans and unbiased fans that would've answered the question in your poll to whether or not cry Brady is the goat.
    The pats forum does not have a smack talk section. That's why I come here. It's boring talking with pats fans all the time.

As for the moderators, it just feels deceptive to have them change the thread title. If they want to participate in smack talk, fine, but changing another poster's own words? Let me be clear, it's fine for them to do it when a thread title is offensive. However, it is not warranted here.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 12-09-2016, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    As for the moderators, why do you folks keep changing thread titles? If you find pats fans annoying, then make a complaint to the denver broncos who own this forum. The broncos are the ones who decided to have a smack section and naturally that's going to invite fans of other teams to post.
    I'm actually pretty amused with that, it's great that our moderators are open to participating and things like that to get under your skin.

It's like the referees/officials working against you guys In a game or the school principal jumping into The fight and kicking you guys between the legs. LOL

I'm not even sure the patriots have a fan forum, do they have a big enough fan base to support the fan forum like this?

if so maybe you could encourage the moderators there to participate in threads made by other teams fans however I don't see any other team fans wanting to spend any time there so that might be an unlikely scenario.

BTW we don't mind other teams fans that's why the organization invites them to post here but we appreciate Fans that have something of significance to post.

You guys do nothing but constantly troll, I mean you came in here with this ridiculous poll using up bandwith and space to give us a ridiculous poll that was taken by what are most likely street walkers at a local mall in the New England area.

If you wanted a true football fans opinion all you had to do was ask us. All you had to do was start a poll in here, there's enough New England fans and unbiased fans that would've answered the question in your poll to whether or not cry Brady is the goat.

Leave a comment:

• Stackhouser
    replied
    As for the moderators, why do you folks keep changing thread titles? If you find pats fans annoying, then make a complaint to the denver broncos who own this forum. The broncos are the ones who decided to have a smack section and naturally that's going to invite fans of other teams to post.

It's the SMACK forum on a Broncos page.... The MODS are Broncos fans as well and can, for the purpose of SMACK, change the title......

Leave a comment:

• TommyBrady12
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TommyBrady12
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Really hard pressed ? lol one google search http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/pos...eatest-qb-ever and there are actually 3 different polls with over 100000 lol

(Total votes: 122,060)
    and would you loook at th map..The only place any one disagres with it? The New England area http://www.espn.com/espn/fp/flashPol...pollId/4550089
    First, I said "hard pressed" - I didn't say 100K poll was impossible. Just that it was something of a rarity.

Second, why do you keep posting old articles? This was from TWO years ago when Manning broke favre's TD record. This was before Brady won his 4th super bowl and before manning played like a 50 year old last season. Things have changed.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 12-09-2016, 07:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    But using your own team in that example, Rivers has been a great QB during his career (I can admit it, although I don't think he's a great QB anymore, but I digress) and then you look at the Chargers wins during his career. Aaron Rodgers is another example, although he has a ring. QBs need help to win, that's why I tend to discount the W/L record when judging a QB.

No doubt Tom Brady is a great QB, one of the best of all-time, but I look at the 4 rings, and at least 2 of them came before he became a truly elite level QB, that doesn't mean they're worthless, he's got 4 rings! But when I think of it that way it makes me think of Terry Bradshaw (a mediocre QB who was carried to 4 Super Bowl rings and ended up in the HOF because of being carried to them) so I can't fully credit the rings to his (Brady) greatness.

But again it gets back to the eye test and personal bias, I think Steve Young was one of the greatest QBs I've ever seen, but he wasn't a starter for as long as other greats, and he "only" won one Super Bowl.
    I can agree with what you said except the Bradshaw thing. Terry Bradshaw called his own plays..every pass,every run every screen that the steelers offense ran and the personel on and off the field those calls were made by Terry Bradshaw every one of them.His stats were not great all the time but are very very comparable to other HOFers from that era

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    winning might be an overrated stat if that was the only variable you were considering when judging QB's. but again, when you have the most wins, 4 rings, and you have top 5 all time numbers on top of that?

it's not like brady is just playing above average or good on a great team every year. he's dominating at his position playing at an elite level year in and year out and winning more than anyone else ever has.

some people think winning is a team stat and irrelevant to a QB but i ask those same people to look at the majority of teams that are usually bad every year and look at their current QB situation.

judging QB's by winning alone is dumb and ya there are people that do that.
    But using your own team in that example, Rivers has been a great QB during his career (I can admit it, although I don't think he's a great QB anymore, but I digress) and then you look at the Chargers wins during his career. Aaron Rodgers is another example, although he has a ring. QBs need help to win, that's why I tend to discount the W/L record when judging a QB.

No doubt Tom Brady is a great QB, one of the best of all-time, but I look at the 4 rings, and at least 2 of them came before he became a truly elite level QB, that doesn't mean they're worthless, he's got 4 rings! But when I think of it that way it makes me think of Terry Bradshaw (a mediocre QB who was carried to 4 Super Bowl rings and ended up in the HOF because of being carried to them) so I can't fully credit the rings to his (Brady) greatness.

But again it gets back to the eye test and personal bias, I think Steve Young was one of the greatest QBs I've ever seen, but he wasn't a starter for as long as other greats, and he "only" won one Super Bowl.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X