Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Opinion: Pats fans most annoying when posting on other team message boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    But using your own team in that example, Rivers has been a great QB during his career (I can admit it, although I don't think he's a great QB anymore, but I digress) and then you look at the Chargers wins during his career. Aaron Rodgers is another example, although he has a ring. QBs need help to win, that's why I tend to discount the W/L record when judging a QB.

No doubt Tom Brady is a great QB, one of the best of all-time, but I look at the 4 rings, and at least 2 of them came before he became a truly elite level QB, that doesn't mean they're worthless, he's got 4 rings! But when I think of it that way it makes me think of Terry Bradshaw (a mediocre QB who was carried to 4 Super Bowl rings and ended up in the HOF because of being carried to them) so I can't fully credit the rings to his (Brady) greatness.

But again it gets back to the eye test and personal bias, I think Steve Young was one of the greatest QBs I've ever seen, but he wasn't a starter for as long as other greats, and he "only" won one Super Bowl.
    QB's do need help to win but if you lose any other positional player you can still have success. but if you lose your franchise QB? unless you have a really good back up or a really good defense and running game, you are pretty screwed.

using your own logic, wouldn't losing so many players to injury around rivers have something to do with him struggling? since you seem to think he is not as good recently? and isn't you thinking he isn't as good have something to do with their current record as well? because lets face it, he has been pretty good for the most part this season if you ignore wins/losses.

the vast majority of people would also have a much different outlook on his season if they had a winning record right now, it is just a fact.

people simply judge QB's by winning to some extent, whether they know it or not. the only time they claim they don't is usually when it doesn't suit their argument.
    Last edited by baphamet; 12-11-2016, 09:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Dream on bud dream on. and you always say youre not a Pats fan.lol That post alone proves your a lair and a homer
    Like when Dr. Evil says, "Welcome to my underground lair."?

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by VegasOdds101 View Post
    Wow....just WOW...."he wasn't Mannings coach" so he didn't cheat?.....the videographer the Pats had filming and the backup QB or intern who's job it was to study the signals weren't Brady's coaches either so he didn't cheat by your logic. Howard Mudd wasn't "accused", he is just known as the godfather of filming signals. But there is no way the great Honest Peyton would ever do anything like that.

Two biggest myths in NFL: Manning is smartest QB and Elway was the most clutch. Elway was clutch and Manning was smart, but neither are tops. Tommy boy has them beat on both and stats prove it.
    Dream on bud dream on. and you always say youre not a Pats fan.lol That post alone proves your a lair and a homer

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    HDH.....oh yea it was for his wife.......lol. We are lucky to live in this country where we can believe whatever we want. I've never hated Manning, it was just obvious 15 years ago Brady was the better player and he is still proving it. Remember you guys are the one hating Brady.....because you know he's the best and it irritates you when fans rub it in.... It's ok I get it.
    I guess since it was reported by Al Jazeera it must be true right.

I can't believe your going defile yourself by relying on their credibility.

Lets see Brady put up the numbers and carry a broken team on his back. Can he do it, is he capable? Do you Honestly think Brady can do what Elway or Montana did? Or even what Marino or Kelly did for that matter without a great coaching staff let alone surrounding talent?

Until he can carry them completely on his back to multiple victories then we'll consider him.

Leave a comment:

• VegasOdds101
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Don't have to because no matter what his oline coach did, he/ Manning isnt the guilty party and I know Manning didnt cheat because of the simple fact that he did not serve any suspensions.

Tom cheated, accept it and quit hating on Manning for not cheating as Tom did.
    HDH.....oh yea it was for his wife.......lol. We are lucky to live in this country where we can believe whatever we want. I've never hated Manning, it was just obvious 15 years ago Brady was the better player and he is still proving it. Remember you guys are the one hating Brady.....because you know he's the best and it irritates you when fans rub it in.... It's ok I get it.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    How the hell do you know Manning never cheated? Tell you what, do some homework and tell the thread who Colts offensive line coach was during Mannings time and what he is famous for. Then you'll know why the rival Colts who have been out to get the Pats since 2003 were very quiet during spygate.
    Don't have to because no matter what his oline coach did, he/ Manning isnt the guilty party and I know Manning didnt cheat because of the simple fact that he did not serve any suspensions.

Tom cheated, accept it and quit hating on Manning for not cheating as Tom did.

Leave a comment:

• duhyaj
    replied
    Wayne Gretzky is the greatest of all time in any sport. If they took away every single goal he ever scored, his assists would still make him the all-time point leader in NHL history. He retired in 1999 and still holds 60 NHL records.
    Oh nice I never really followed hockey. Great sport I just never got into it. but damn that is cool to learn something like that

Leave a comment:

• VegasOdds101
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    He has never been caught or accused of cheating by the league or other NFL teams ,investigated and found GUILTY of cheating now has he?Never been suspended for cheating either !
    }

The pats could use Howard Mudd right about now.Great coach his Olines lines were always top of the league every where he went and that is what he is known for.. Poor Patritards try to take down anyone who plays or coaches well vs the Cheatriots

But lets just say he coached the dirtiest cheating bunch of Olinemen in the league year in and out every year Manning was a colt...he wasnt Mannings coach...how would that make Manning a cheater.. Brady directly took part in both Spygate(knowing what defense he was going to get from stolen signals relayed through his headset) making him complicit in the cheat in and deflated footballs no need to explain.

I think it is safe to say he has never cheated sorry closet Pats fan . No matter how hard you guys try Manning will always be at a higher level on and off the field than *Brady*
    Wow....just WOW...."he wasn't Mannings coach" so he didn't cheat?.....the videographer the Pats had filming and the backup QB or intern who's job it was to study the signals weren't Brady's coaches either so he didn't cheat by your logic. Howard Mudd wasn't "accused", he is just known as the godfather of filming signals. But there is no way the great Honest Peyton would ever do anything like that.

Two biggest myths in NFL: Manning is smartest QB and Elway was the most clutch. Elway was clutch and Manning was smart, but neither are tops. Tommy boy has them beat on both and stats prove it.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    Don't you guys ever get tired of going back and forth over this? Bias will always get in the way of reason and objectivity. Pretend you're having an argument with your wife.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    How the hell do you know Manning never cheated? Tell you what, do some homework and tell the thread who Colts offensive line coach was during Mannings time and what he is famous for. Then you'll know why the rival Colts who have been out to get the Pats since 2003 were very quiet during spygate.
    He has never been caught or accused of cheating by the league or other NFL teams ,investigated and found GUILTY of cheating now has he?Never been suspended for cheating either !
    }

The pats could use Howard Mudd right about now.Great coach his Olines lines were always top of the league every where he went and that is what he is known for.. Poor Patritards try to take down anyone who plays or coaches well vs the Cheatriots

But lets just say he coached the dirtiest cheating bunch of Olinemen in the league year in and out every year Manning was a colt...he wasnt Mannings coach...how would that make Manning a cheater.. Brady directly took part in both Spygate(knowing what defense he was going to get from stolen signals relayed through his headset) making him complicit in the cheat in and deflated footballs no need to explain.

I think it is safe to say he has never cheated sorry closet Pats fan . No matter how hard you guys try Manning will always be at a higher level on and off the field than *Brady*
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-10-2016, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• VegasOdds101
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Uhh Mannings entire career yielded him the right to his super bowl 50 victory.
    He never cheated nor did he serve a single game suspension.

No asterisk victories here mr bean town billy but they are the norm in New England.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Lets dig deeper into the numbers, to really examine Bradshaw's career. I'll look at his best stretch from 1977-1981 and we'll see how he ranks. And I had a minimum of 200 attempts per season for Completion % numbers.

1977: 5th in yards. 5th in TDs, 15th in comp % and the 6th most interceptions thrown
    1978: 9th in yards, 1st in TDs, 7th in comp % and 8th most interceptions thrown
    1979: 3rd in yards, 4th in TDs, 15th in comp % and 2nd most interceptions thrown
    1980: 10th in yards, 7th in TDs, 27th in comp % and 7th most interceptions thrown
    1981: 15th in yards, 8th in TDs, 17th in comp % and 16th most interceptions thrown.

This is his best 5 year stretch, the meat of his hall of fame candidacy, now if the goal is to have the best of the best in the HOF, and people who were the best at their position for a length of time (as described by Peter King) I fail to see anything here that stands out as an indication he's one of the best of the best. He led the league once in TDs and once in yards. That's it. He was carried to 4 Super Bowls (although to be fair they did win in his best year 79) that's why he's in the HOF.

I know it's wikipedia, but they talk about playcalling in it, QBs used to call their own plays, it became less common in the 70's, Tom Landry was one of the coaches who advocated against QBs calling their own plays. Jim Kelly was the last QB to call of his own plays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterback
    lol in 1978 he was league MVP and 9th in yards passing..might want to think about that. He was also 2 time superbowl MVP and all decade team of the 70s..the only player that made the all decade team in any decade that isnt in the HOF is Randy Gradishar and he damn well should be

Tom Landry took away play calling from his QBs in the 60s. Name one other QB who was calling his own plays in the 70s Hardly any of them were doing it in the 60s and Paul Brown called his teams plays in the 50s Lombardi also called most of the Packers plays Wikipedia is a horrible source to try and use as an argument especially when i never said nobody did it just not any Hofers while Bradshaw was
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-10-2016, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• VegasOdds101
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    IMO brady is the best ever but i do get it when people talk about the system and benefiting from having the best coach ever.
    Absolutely agree, but what I don't get is why the argument isn't used for everyone....seems only Brady. Montana had every benefit Brady has had and then some. Manning had the benefit of great consistent offensive weapons and his defenses were the reason he has any rings. Elway had the benefit of great weapons when he finally became a statistically efficient QB 11 years in and when he got his rings...etc.....I could go on and on with all the benefits of every top QB. In the end you are what you are, Brady comes out in top.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    LOL, I repeat. what number is this?
    Once again you fail...that is not a repeat!

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    what, his playoff record over the years means he deserves a super bowl? lol
    He carried many colts teams throughout his career and then they released him, he came to Denver just as Ray Bourque did and won a championship.

Say what ever you want but he'll forever be a legitimate super bowl champion.

Ware followed suit and won a championship as well because they knew Denver gave them the best legitimate non asterisk chance at a championship!

Here's your asterisk dynasty, yes we know all about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X